I just combat logged :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Still there, and I expect FD to respond before the weekend. I'll send you their response either way, and if it ain't a bug it'll be my honour to have you do the honours this weekend. :)

And if not we can still do something similar, but I'll then use my DBS insteaf and actively try not to die.

Awesome! I'm headed back right now (ship shopping) and should be there this weekend. No rush either way.

Here's a thought or two for you fans of the inquisition style.

He sends a ticket to support and finds out he suffered a bug. FDEV refuels his ship and he's good to go.

He sends a ticket to support and finds out he messed up and takes the rebuy including the death of his pilot. Heck, if you're still in Colonia Skippy, I'll pull the trigger myself and record it if you're cool with that.

If y'all ain't good with either of these outcomes you're full of it. Full stop.
It's pointless. Some people are unable to read past the headlines, that's why tabloid journalism works.

But the aux usually has 30-60 min, right, and re-fueling in a station always tops both main and aux tanks? I just don't see how I can have made the jumps I've made in an hour without refueling at any of the stations...

Have read the whole topic, keep in mind that the aux tank size is different for every fuel tank class/size, (although not depleted by jumps, but adds to ship mass) there is also a hidden value specific to each ship.

For example your Crusader's aux tanks holds 0.77 tonnes (A Sidy holds 0.25 tonnes) If you have modules active with a combined high tonne per hour fuel burn, you can run out very quickly and end up on life support if the main was consumed during your jumps.

There is no fixed figure on burn rate, all depends on your individual setup and what you have left running. Burn rate is displayed above the fuel gauge when fuel is available and will only vary if the ship is undocked.

Last edited:
Have read the whole topic, keep in mind that the aux tank size is different for every fuel tank class/size (although not depleted by jumps, but adds to ship mass)

For example your Crusader's aux tanks holds 0.77 tonnes (A Sidy holds 0.25 tonnes) If you have modules active with a combined high tonne per hour fuel burn, you can run out very quickly and end up on life support if the main was consumed during your jumps.

There is no fixed figure on burn rate, all depends on your individual setup and what you have left running. Burn rate is displayed above the fuel gauge when fuel is available and will only vary if the ship is undocked.
And he has lots of power hungry guardian shield reinforcements. I guess 30 minutes for the aux is way to optimistic.

There is no fixed figure on burn rate, all depends on your individual setup and what you have left running.
I was about to add that to reply to the "it's definitely a bug then" comment earlier.

@Ian Skippy : Get someone to give you a bit of fuel. Power up your ship into full combat mode, then see what your fuel-burn-rate is. A CM3 (the earlier example given) will have a much lower burn rate than your Alliance. So even though your reserve tank may be larger, you are probably also going through it much faster. Usually nobody ever pays attention to the reserve tank.

And he has lots of power hungry guardian shield reinforcements. I guess 30 minutes for the aux is way to optimistic.

Yep, was going to ask about those guardian mods. An FSD booster is also very hungry when active and not in use, best to shut it down for lower consumption and better heat efficiency if planning to spend a lot of time out of witchspace.

Combat logging is utterly despicable behavior. Elite is not an easy game to master and forces you to learn the mechanics, or suffer the consequences. Take your rebuy like a man next time and actually learn something from the loss, rather than coming to the forums and asking for an education of questionable reliability.
Menu logging against an NPC is a problem for whom?

I do that almost every time I play in a RES or CZ. I shoot NPCs until RL interrupts and then I log of.
It takes a few minutes to finish of a Conda. I don't always have time for that.

I don't think anyone is hurt by one NPC more surviving. :p

7000+hour ingame... aux tank ?
Hum... how about that...
You learn something new every day.

There are two tanks: primary (for FSD jumps) and aux (for running your powerplant, and with it everything else). Both are refueled when refueling at a station. Using a scoop only the primary is filled. When your primary is empty, you can't jump anywhere. When the aux is empty it'll try to re-fill from the primary (so that can leave you stranded!) and if that is impossible it'll de-activate the powerplant. Your ships is now dead and depending on your life support you'll have a few minutes of time to ask for help. :p

Have read the whole topic, keep in mind that the aux tank size is different for every fuel tank class/size, (although not depleted by jumps, but adds to ship mass) there is also a hidden value specific to each ship.

My ship has an aux of .77t, and it ran out in nine minutes of effective game time since the last refuel (removing witchspace time as no fuel is consumed during it). In other words, while all my ships (from DBX to my Corvette) run between 1-2.5t/hr, for this not to be a bug my ship must consume well over 5t/hr. Or between 2-5x more than any other ship I have. And considering that going from my explo DBX to my combat corvette adds only 1.5t/hr, I don't see how I can get the extra +-4t/hr in my crusader...

(if anyone can load up a crusader with guardian shield boosters and post the consumption, that'd be grand!)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom