Is occulus quest compatible with elite on xbox

AFAIK the Quest is not meant to be connected to anything but run its own games (not unlike a phone), I personally also had hopes for it to be usable as wireless HMD.
Additionally the XBOX and the game would need to support VR, just plugging in a HMD and hoping for the best won't work.

Xbox? Oculus quest is not an xbox hardware afaik. It's an indipendent platform but elite dangerous is not officially supported

I feel like vr could possibly bring back the magic of elite for me. All feedback appreciated.

I thought this was click bait at first...

To be clear, there's no VR planned for any XBOX One console, including the X. Originally they were working on it but MS decided not to move forward.

And as others have said, the Quest is a stand alone VR headset - I have one and it's cool, but there's no Elite Dangerous on it today. And streaming your PC to it using third party software is no where near as good as just using a PC HMD.

But Elite on PC in a PC VR HMD is very cool.

I thought this was click bait at first...

To be clear, there's no VR planned for any XBOX One console, including the X. Originally they were working on it but MS decided not to move forward.

And as others have said, the Quest is a stand alone VR headset - I have one and it's cool, but there's no Elite Dangerous on it today. And streaming your PC to it using third party software is no where near as good as just using a PC HMD.

But Elite on PC in a PC VR HMD is very cool.

Yes VR is a game changer. If you can afford an oculus rift and a good pc don't waste your time and go for it now! I would even sell the Xbox to get some money for it

Top Bottom