The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Yes Billy, maybe your broke parents secretly bought you that same expensive toy the really popular kid at school has.

7RoVGcD.png
That's as likely to happen as SC being released.

So it isn't in 3.6, just as @sovapid said.

Stop being drama.
Remember when 2.6 was the Jesus patch and everything would be out and we'd all be sorry for doubting? Good times.

That's as likely to happen as SC being released.

Remember when 2.6 was the Jesus patch and everything would be out and we'd all be sorry for doubting? Good times.
I remember when 2.7 (then renamed to 3.0 before Gamescom 2016) was going to contain the whole Stanton System, coming end 2016. How time flies.

No solo to hide in, if i find you, i'll blow y'all up as well

I think i did this before, but add me in game "sovapid" there too!

Yes indeed my dear Sovapid, I did, and I cannot recall ever seeing you as online, but, when you are gud - "solo" is meaningless - and nothing else remains to be said.

Which isn't what you were saying when I wrote the response. What you said was that Muticrew ships would be useless against a clutch of smaller ships, and I was citing examples of personal experiences where this hasn't been the case.

I think then you simply misunderstood what i was referring to. We were talking about the power imbalance but then i made reference to how not everyone will want to or is able to fly together with others. That is where i was at so when you started referring to how its handled in terms of gameplay.

Also, goalpost moving? Dude, people do that when arguing. I thought i was agreeing with you. I've never heard of anyone moving goalposts in order to agree with someone!

How about we simply got our wires crossed?

Aside from this standard trick of moving goalposts on your part to this being about how you don't want to be beholden to a 12yr old e-Sgt, it's important to remember before we look at your hyperbole that no ones holding a gun to your head forcing you to take part in group mechanics. Your desire for the ability to play as a single player doesn't preclude the inclusion of group mechanics.

I think you miss my point. Also, not really about 12 year olds, i don't think most of them can afford the big ships. They generally don't have hundreds or thousands of dollars lying around. However, you are saying nobody is holding a gun to my head to force me to take part in group mechanics, and you're right! However, the point i think i was making (and what i referred to when talking about the reddit discussion) was in relation to someone saying how the game wants you to group up and how the game won't be friendly towards solo players, that you will need others. It probably is my fault for not making my point clearer and assuming you understood what i was talking about.

I certainly don't want to be beholden to aother player though, regardless of their age. From what I see in relation to the game mechanics, CIG have given little to no thought about how things will work in relation to people travelling on other people's ships. Take the example of having to log off in the middle of space while on another person's ship.

See above. How exactly would you get yourself into this situation, if you don't play in such a manner?

I think you misunderstand. I'm saying if i was in that situation what would happen? Ok, not me, then you, or anyone. If you are on someone else's ship, etc. So sure, i'm not likely to get myself into that situation unless i see CIG introduce mechanics that would handle it in a way that i like. But lots of people seem to be dreaming about this wonderful multicrew experience where people will fly over these long travel times together and stick together and do everything together, seemingly without anyone considering the impact of people having real lives or what happens when people log off.

I can't help but grin at this, seen as you were a massive champion of immersion timers for ship transfers in ED.

I remain so. The difference being, i always have a ship to fly in and travel times in ED are much lower than in SC. Sure, i see the irony, but in SC i could find myself stranded with no way to doing anything until my ships transfers over, while in ED I can just take off and go where i want even while waiting for a ship to transfer.

Remember I don't pour over every detail of Star Citizen looking for a reason why it will fail/Detail why the Elder Scrolls foretold of the prophecy of Chris Roberts in the manner you do.

To each their own. However, i think what we were talking about is an interesting point of discussion. What will happen in those scenarios? You never answered, you just went on the attack, which is bizarre considering i thought i was agreeing with you. So perhaps we just got our wires crossed.

I think then you simply misunderstood what i was referring to. We were talking about the power imbalance but then i made reference to how not everyone will want to or is able to fly together with others. That is where i was at so when you started referring to how its handled in terms of gameplay.

Also, goalpost moving? Dude, people do that when arguing. I thought i was agreeing with you. I've never heard of anyone moving goalposts in order to agree with someone!

How about we simply got our wires crossed?

I think you miss my point. Also, not really about 12 year olds, i don't think most of them can afford the big ships. They generally don't have hundreds or thousands of dollars lying around. However, you are saying nobody is holding a gun to my head to force me to take part in group mechanics, and you're right! However, the point i think i was making (and what i referred to when talking about the reddit discussion) was in relation to someone saying how the game wants you to group up and how the game won't be friendly towards solo players, that you will need others. It probably is my fault for not making my point clearer and assuming you understood what i was talking about.

I certainly don't want to be beholden to aother player though, regardless of their age. From what I see in relation to the game mechanics, CIG have given little to no thought about how things will work in relation to people travelling on other people's ships. Take the example of having to log off in the middle of space while on another person's ship.

I think you misunderstand. I'm saying if i was in that situation what would happen? Ok, not me, then you, or anyone. If you are on someone else's ship, etc. So sure, i'm not likely to get myself into that situation unless i see CIG introduce mechanics that would handle it in a way that i like. But lots of people seem to be dreaming about this wonderful multicrew experience where people will fly over these long travel times together and stick together and do everything together, seemingly without anyone considering the impact of people having real lives or what happens when people log off.

I remain so. The difference being, i always have a ship to fly in and travel times in ED are much lower than in SC. Sure, i see the irony, but in SC i could find myself stranded with no way to doing anything until my ships transfers over, while in ED I can just take off and go where i want even while waiting for a ship to transfer.

To each their own. However, i think what we were talking about is an interesting point of discussion. What will happen in those scenarios? You never answered, you just went on the attack, which is bizarre considering i thought i was agreeing with you. So perhaps we just got our wires crossed.

looks like someone

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQXvNgBDpDM

This talk about huge groups vs solo players heh. 50 player limit on the servers, isnt that only like two Idri fully crewed.

I'm trying to imagine two capital ships containing people running around dancing, using the loo, moping, FOIPing each other, people swimming in the pool and mopping the floor while others sit in the bar drinking marveling at their ice cubes while the ships slug it out and fighter pilots buzzing everywhere. I bet the server would probably just crash lol.

The more I hear about this game the more it seems.

Maybe combat focused players should just play Infinity Battlescape and the socialites could just play second life. You could probably even get both for about 60 bucks.

Last edited:

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Just an itsy bitsy small article about Star Citizen. Not as much info as the 3.6 update. I am looking forward to the comment section filling up with damage control attempts and SC ultras venting their anger at the messanger

Given Bree´s line of posting about SC I think she(he?) gives the development too much the benefit of the doubt. Here she is too polite with what is obviously a completely useless diversion in a very delayed and problematic development. Wonder how many more screw ups and faux pas from CIG it takes to swing her.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom