PvP Vette vs DUMB frag Mambas of Deciat

the corvette underbelly's large slot gets so little time on target that i would put there some seekers... maybe, maaaaaaybe you get to drop the drives or some hardpoints after your target runs out of shields

Thx for sharing. Not running screening shell on at least 2 of those frags is criminal.

Your welcome. I've played with screening shell before. I think its criminal to run out of ammo twice as fast ;) Besides, I prefer dishing out thermal damage vs these shield tanks.

the corvette underbelly's large slot gets so little time on target that i would put there some seekers... maybe, maaaaaaybe you get to drop the drives or some hardpoints after your target runs out of shields

That is tempting.

That is tempting.
Not really. Seekers require some time for aiming (say "hi!" to fast targets and target lock breakers).
Only dumbfires. There's a class 3 weapon slot on the bottom on the corvette right for that.

it may work on mambas that like to take long loops and fast head-on passes
and it will work even better in wings when you are not the main target

Your welcome. I've played with screening shell before. I think its criminal to run out of ammo twice as fast ;) Besides, I prefer dishing out thermal damage vs these shield tanks.
If you are running out of ammo in vette, then perhaps fitting feedback cascade rails in those 2 small is good idea:)

Large seeker racks are something I'd consider rapid fire on rather than high-capacity, just because dear god whose idea was it to make a large hardpoint with the same DPS as the small

Frags on a vette? I haven't seen that before! Share your build? Im curious to see how youve done yours as I have a pvp vette but im not flying it until i get better at the core gameplay first (50mil rebuy lol). Have you armoured your plant because the one thing that pees me off about the vette is it's stupid powerplant.

The people who built the vette gave it all these hardpoints and utilities but unless you overcharge the plant the whole things shuts down when you deploy hardpoints lol.

the only problem would be that you have recharge the shields overnight :giggle:

Well that......and also the reliance on shields. As long as you can avoid the reverbs or phasing it looks strong. A dedicated tank buster might carry torps with reverb and pen.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPXPZyH_s5M

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-a5p7mxdKU

Heres my build anyway.

Well that......and also the reliance on shields. As long as you can avoid the reverbs or phasing it looks strong. A dedicated tank buster might carry torps with reverb and pen.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPXPZyH_s5M

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-a5p7mxdKU

Heres my build anyway.

Yours is better than mine in some ways. I've tried all of that in the past with the SCB. Most pro gankers use feedback rails to cancel the SCB charge and that depresses me. So I chucked it and went pure shield MJ, that relieved me of heat management worries (heat sinks, ets) plus other benefits. Those weps are a superior choice as well vs other big ships, but vs FDLs (favored ship of gankers) i'm lucky to land 50% of my shots (I know, git gud). What I like about the MC and frags is the low dist draw. I can fire all day on 2 pips and stay on 4-1-1 for much of the time.

Yours is better than mine in some ways. I've tried all of that in the past with the SCB. Most pro gankers use feedback rails to cancel the SCB charge and that depresses me. So I chucked it and went pure shield MJ, that relieved me of heat management worries (heat sinks, ets) plus other benefits. Those weps are a superior choice as well vs other big ships, but vs FDLs (favored ship of gankers) i'm lucky to land 50% of my shots (I know, git gud). What I like about the MC and frags is the low dist draw. I can fire all day on 2 pips and stay on 4-1-1 for much of the time.

The arguement for shield and agaisnt SCB is a good one. But they are so valuable against people that don't counter them. Whats more if they do counter them it still stalls shield decay a bit. Furthermore if shield do go its fine - I've got the hull. But I may try the Guardian shields. I wouldn't go for another booster though, i'd probably put a ECM in.

On the plasma thing, FDLs are hard to hit. I suck at it atm and thats why im not flying the vette until I improve my aim. But also you have TWO of them, so it's not impossible to hit with one of them as your hit zone has expanded. But when you do get both on target..oofff. Also FDLs are hard when they turn profile lol, if they don't so that they're quite flat and big, for a medium ship at least.

I have 2 huge multi's in storage that are kitted out with overcharged too. I just don't really run them unless i'm in private or solo.

I have another vette build that uses SCB for PvE, so I haven't given them up completely. When my shields pop, the 3 MRP and 4400 hull give me enough time to get out of there; and dont forget the "Faster reboot sequence" on the FSD. That has saved me a few times.

Have you ever failed an interdiction on purpose because your FSD reboots quicker? It's fun and a cool way to escape persistent gankers.

Top Bottom