PvP Vette vs DUMB frag Mambas of Deciat

Have you ever failed an interdiction on purpose because your FSD reboots quicker? It's fun and a cool way to escape persistent gankers.
Not intentionally with CMDRS. But it does happen sometimes and I have to sit there and wait for them to show up. I always fail with NPCs because submitting does not guaranty their appearance in the instance.

I mixed it up a bit with these same guys last night; flew over to Deciat in a Clipper named "Imperial Cutter.". Two Mambas was more than I could handle though, so after a rebuy I switched to a Sidey named "Imperial Clipper" and a Vulture whose name I rotated between "Federal Corvette" and "Type-10 Defender."

Mostly I played around with cold builds and evasion builds, to see how long I could last. Didn't really have enough firepower to be competitive (my main Krait Mk2 was in transit to Garay at the time, by the time it arrived the Mambas had moved elsewhere).

I guess my stubbornness made an impression though, Feisty Goat invited me to the group's discord, which was an experience to say the least. These guys are some serious career salt miners. :)

Anyways, I was just messing around for the kicks really; it was interesting actually doing the whole "getting ganked" thing that's so popular with the kids these days

I learned a while ago, its best just to give them their "gg" and not the salt. I encountered them again this weekend, this time they added a FAS and Cutter to their wing. I decided to not hang around so long for this session :D

Alternate Link

When to run?
  1. Serious rubberbanding
  2. Outnumbered by highly engineered murderboats
  3. You ram a FAS head-on with its shields down and it only loses 3% of hull - things will not go well for you - start thinking about your exit
Props to Dellis, Feisty Goat, Epion Elric, Theogilli

I learned a while ago, its best just to give them their "gg" and not the salt. I encountered them again this weekend, this time they added a FAS and Cutter to their wing. I decided to not hang around so long for this session :D

Alternate Link

When to run?
  1. Serious rubberbanding
  2. Outnumbered by highly engineered murderboats
  3. You ram a FAS head-on with its shields down and it only loses 3% of hull - things will not go well for you - start thinking about your exit
Props to Dellis, Feisty Goat, Epion Elric, Theogilli
Aww, I really wanted to see that FAS go down... You might have had him if you hadn't stopped to send that message. :/

You made the right call by the time the Mambas popped in.

Well that......and also the reliance on shields. As long as you can avoid the reverbs or phasing it looks strong. A dedicated tank buster might carry torps with reverb and pen.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPXPZyH_s5M

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-a5p7mxdKU

Heres my build anyway.

In that first video you are a Krait vs a ‘Vette.
But you posted a Vette build.
Can you take us through that Krait build?

Like what are the missiles or torps and what engineering is that?
And how is the Krait set up?
Like is it a cold build? Is it heavily reinforced? Is it a build you could use in other contexts or is it a one trick pony?

Like if you had been spotted earlier would that have come to nothing?

Does it have any PvE use?

Did that attack rely on your position? Like is there a specific side that the PowerPlant is more exposed?

If that is the case- is there like a set of blue prints with locations for each ship?

That looked like a whole lot of fun.

Top Bottom