337ly club, Anaconda max jump range.

What is this madness? Exploration without the largest a rated dirty drag drives you can get? Canyon running with tiny shields and no hull reinforcement is the best part! As a focused engineering project though, nicely done.

Have to ask, any chance of a vid of you landing it on a 9g planet?

One thing I have came to realise about exploration ships is that a huge fuel tank is useless since they have a fuel scoop anyway. Gets you so much more range downgrading it.

One thing I have came to realise about exploration ships is that a huge fuel tank is useless since they have a fuel scoop anyway. Gets you so much more range downgrading it.
But then you can't neutron jump five times in a row... I say no to downgrading ^^

Idk, the in game route plotting doesn't chain neutrons together so it seems fine and I cba with third party manually entering routes

What is this madness? Exploration without the largest a rated dirty drag drives you can get? Canyon running with tiny shields and no hull reinforcement is the best part! As a focused engineering project though, nicely done.

I bet you can imagine how that goes lol obviously it is a ship built to test jump range only lol

My eyes bleed when I see the no boost no shields no integrity no speed no weapons no everything build :cool:
As a thought Experiment and a "see what is possible" ship this is cool.
As a real ship-to-fly in the Elite universe this thing is an abomination :LOL:

But it has jump range and speed...

any thruster is capable of landing on any planet. even the most undersized E rated thruster can land on any planet. it's just less forgiving and requires more skill. You can usually get a pretty small distributor to provide boost by doing G5 engine-focused distributor. In some cases you may need to add experimental effects as well to add more capacity...and if not, then stripped down. Now...landing on a 9G planet without boost....now you're talking living dangerously. You get 1 shot to get it right and no abort button....except logging out.

any thruster is capable of landing on any planet. even the most undersized E rated thruster can land on any planet. it's just less forgiving and requires more skill. You can usually get a pretty small distributor to provide boost by doing G5 engine-focused distributor. In some cases you may need to add experimental effects as well to add more capacity...and if not, then stripped down. Now...landing on a 9G planet without boost....now you're talking living dangerously. You get 1 shot to get it right and no abort button....except logging out.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think it would be impossible, just that I'd like to see it tried and someone succeed. I'm just daring the OP to give it a go. There's been some seriously gimped builds for things like the Achenar 3 challenge so I imagine someone has probably done something similar in an underpowered and fully laden T9.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it would be impossible, just that I'd like to see it tried and someone succeed. I'm just daring the OP to give it a go. There's been some seriously gimped builds for things like the Achenar 3 challenge so I imagine someone has probably done something similar in an underpowered and fully laden T9.

I built my current explorer using similar methods but on a Krait Phantom (I think it's 2-3 sizes below the normal thrusters...I had to engineer them before I could fit them on the Krait). There's many photos of me hovering over space pumpkins...which as you know like high G worlds.

I built my current explorer using similar methods but on a Krait Phantom (I think it's 2-3 sizes below the normal thrusters...I had to engineer them before I could fit them on the Krait). There's many photos of me hovering over space pumpkins...which as you know like high G worlds.
I've got a good deal of respect for anyone who can do it. Best I've done is a 9g somewhere up by Sag A* in my Clipper with a rated engineered thrusters. Easy in comparison with what others have done. Space pumpkins would be a new thing for me to see. I'll have to get my own Phantom back out there at some point. Hasn't had its paint worn down properly yet.

Does show you how much you miss when you focus a build solely on jump range and landings on bigger planets are too risky as a result though (OP doesn't count here as they're obviously just testing the limits).

I've got a good deal of respect for anyone who can do it. Best I've done is a 9g somewhere up by Sag A* in my Clipper with a rated engineered thrusters. Easy in comparison with what others have done. Space pumpkins would be a new thing for me to see. I'll have to get my own Phantom back out there at some point. Hasn't had its paint worn down properly yet.

Does show you how much you miss when you focus a build solely on jump range and landings on bigger planets are too risky as a result though (OP doesn't count here as they're obviously just testing the limits).

this is my my Asp...but same sort of thing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_0011.jpg
    Screenshot_0011.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 40
As a real ship-to-fly in the Elite universe this thing is an abomination :LOL:

Oddly enough, I feel the same when people post up builds that have the internals crammed with HRPs and nothing else.

Also, I can't help thinking that my exploration Annie is fairly "sensible" (as tinfoil ships go) and it'll do normal 81Ly jumps.
I wonder what that could manage with all the boosts etc?

Oddly enough, I feel the same when people post up builds that have the internals crammed with HRPs and nothing else.

Also, I can't help thinking that my exploration Annie is fairly "sensible" (as tinfoil ships go) and it'll do normal 81Ly jumps.
I wonder what that could manage with all the boosts etc?
Agreed, a PvP fitted vessel is another abomination, just with other priorities.
I innerly scream in rage when I jump into my FdL with 13 LY jump range (I'm not even minmaxing it, 4A shielded FSD) and won't be able to reach Colonia from Carcosa without flying on fumes.

Also sensible of course depends on mode. A 81 LY Conda with some shields is totally enough for PvE as long as you don't botch a landing or something like that.

And from the engineering side, this is interesting, my explo Conda did > 80 at one point, too, but nowadays I fly open only, this build would be a bad idea there :LOL:

Top Bottom