How do Thargoid Scavengers taste?

Much like Portuguese salted cod, I imagine you'll want to soak your Thargoid meat for a couple of days, making sure to change the water regularly. Then fry in butter with some grated slave (ordinary ones- imperial slaves don't have a complex enough flavour to pair with Thargoid. Not enough beatings)

Make sure it's on a low heat and plate up as soon as you see the meat change colour.

Just make sure Mr Thargoid doesn't consider this akin to eating the family dog.

Not that we're any better here. Anyone been in the vicinity of stinking bishop cheese? Seems that making food for the purpose of making people gag when they smell it is just something we do as a species.

Not that we're any better here. Anyone been in the vicinity of stinking bishop cheese? Seems that making food for the purpose of making people gag when they smell it is just something we do as a species.
Guess it's a deep rooted behavior from evolution: Proving you are able to eat things others would retch over is proving your evolutionary superiority over them. You have a wider access to the food chain than them and are thus more likely to survive.

From what FD have told us so far it might be something like an ammonia popsicle. If you like the Icelandic delicacy of fermented shark you'll have a great time, if not then the relationship might have to remain platonic.

I just spent last evening with a viking fan who had a try at fermented shark. He described the taste as something quite like a very old Maroilles, a local cheese I'm very fond of.

Guess it's a deep rooted behavior from evolution: Proving you are able to eat things others would retch over is proving your evolutionary superiority over them. You have a wider access to the food chain than them and are thus more likely to survive.
Makes sense. Although I imagine RELSPI wasn't expecting the answer to her question being 'exactly like something we've been eating for 10,000 years already'.

With RELSPI, it's kinda hard to say tbh.
Yes, there does seem to be a certain futility in predicting where the next thread might go. At least new players reading this are now aware of the existence of Thargoid scavengers and can go on to have a look for where to find them.

Yes, there does seem to be a certain futility in predicting where the next thread might go. At least new players reading this are now aware of the existence of Thargoid scavengers and can go on to have a look for where to find them.
They're also great for getting sensor fragments when you want to unlock Palin.

Avoid the spines,they're basically accretions formed around the excreta vents,and need to be steeped for 48 hours,before broiling for a further 36 hours to ensure crunchiness.They make an excellent hors d'ouevres when used with a jelly dip.
Tentacles,on the other hand,can be served in a varierty of ways,sliced,diced and in some cases pureed,as a patty in a bun ,even raw. Serve with mash.
Guaranteed vegan free.
Best served with a nice glass of Tizer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom