So here I am at the Bug Killer.

Greetings,

It is a crashed Anaconda at HIP 16613 A 1 after taking on the Thargoids and losing. There is no security force to help you out. Three Comm Links at the Anaconda and one more with an SRV 4.9 KM away ~260 degrees so if one ever comes here again they will be listed in the Nav panel. That is the game part of ED.. So at the Anaconda I'm blowing up cargo racks. There are three. They often provide Tellurium, Ruthenium and Antimony. There are easier ways to obtain these but it is worth to visit the site for the immersion.

Then a large Thargoid ship shows up scanning the area. Running around in an SRV they didn't bother me. So I went back to the parked Kraft Mk II and they didn't bother me either versus shutting down systems when meeting in space. I even fired on them in my SRV but they totally ignored me. As this system is 40LY from Maia going for G5 Thrusters with effects one might want to play with it. Some might want to take a dedicated Thargoid killer ship depending upon their abilities. It seems that new players and experienced ones can both have fun with this site.

Regards

Last edited:
I did shoot that Cyclops down last thing before taking off for DW2 :D
Since this is above a ground surface, they don't deploy the thargon swarms until they reach a certain altitude (the one didn't deploy until he was already down to the last heart) so this is a perfect site for training new pilots to fight them.

Last edited:
Oh, so you can fight it? I assumed it's like a scripted event, simply a show.
In one of the mats gathering sessions i went to check the nearby wrecked srv (to complete the story) and the Tharg popped in again and, to my surprise, it actually beamed up the escape pod that was laying nearby srv. I thought it was a really nice show.

Guys, logged in just to comment on this. Its not a joke!

I returned in the game after many years and these days been stockpiling stuff. Unlocking guardian stuff, engineers etc.
SO, i google, people say go there, good mats. Alright i say, lets go. So landed, got srv out, saw the area, got few mats, logged off.

After a while i logged in again and went to feed the cats.
Was hearing some noises but didnt pay attention. Was only away for a minute, came back in my SRV watching this big ass Thargoid, blowing up my ship shields.
After 2 seconds of ugh! i logged off again. (insta-panic reaction). fingers crossed. lots of stuff in my conda.

Apparently those thargoids attack anything guardian related, and had guardian loot in my cargo. I also have a guardian fsd boost onboard.
I really hope i'll find my ship when i log in now. My plan is to get in my ship fast. Jettison all guardian related stuff, power down guardian fsd(just in case) and pray?

*update.#1
After logging in, thargoid was not there, my conda was at 75% hull. Got in, abandoned cargo and even moved it far away to play innocent, in case them uglies come again.
Will update if they come attacking my ship again cause of the guardian FSD(got it powered down now) If i dont update, i was not attacked anymore.

Stay safe commanders

Last edited:
Guys, logged in just to comment on this. Its not a joke!

I returned in the game after many years and these days been stockpiling stuff. Unlocking guardian stuff, engineers etc.
SO, i google, people say go there, good mats. Alright i say, lets go. So landed, got srv out, saw the area, got few mats, logged off.

After a while i logged in again and went to feed the cats.
Was hearing some noises but didnt pay attention. Was only away for a minute, came back in my SRV watching this big Thargoid, blowing up my ship shields.
After 2 seconds of ugh! i logged off again. (insta-panic reaction). fingers crossed. lots of stuff in my conda.

Apparently those thargoids attack anything guardian related, and had guardian loot in my cargo. I also have a guardian fsd boost onboard.
I really hope i'll find my ship when i log in now. My plan is to get in my ship fast. Jettison all guardian related stuff, power down guardian fsd(just in case) and pray?

*update.#1
After logging in, thargoid was not there, my conda was at 75% hull. Got in, abandoned cargo and even moved it far away to play innocent, in case them uglies come again.
Will update if they come attacking my ship again cause of the guardian FSD(got it powered down now) If i dont update, i was not attacked anymore.

Stay safe commanders
They only care about the cargo, not the modules.

Yeah, fun to watch if you are on the safe side. I noticed they appear if you log off in the site, bit further away and they didnt appear. And they didnt attack after that, they didnt even care for the guardian cargo 500m away

Yeah, fun to watch if you are on the safe side. I noticed they appear if you log off in the site, bit further away and they didnt appear. And they didnt attack after that, they didnt even care for the guardian cargo 500m away
For some reason they only appear after re-log. Most of the time it's two of them, a Medusa and a Cyclops (which spawns over at the crashed SRV).

Is this so, or has it changed from 2019 in some of the updates? Yesterday I went to Bug killer for a first time, and actually I wasn't aware of any Thargoid threat there. I saw my first "non-human signal sources" couple systems before, MANY of them, accompanied by fleet carriers. I felt like I'm in front line, dangerous waters, so I have to keep it down. Yet I didn't feel that I'm in actual danger. Deadly mistake!

I landed to the Bug killer site, explored the site a bit and after my first log-off I was SVRing on top of the Conda when I heard a strange creepy sound. Look up, and my heart skipped a beat: THARGOID!?! Here. I had my first encounter, and I almost needed new pair of pants. After a short staredown, it flew off... and started shooting my DBX. In panic I tried to get there and make a desperate escape, my SRV got stuck on Conda, thrustering myself out and driving as fast as I can towards my ship. "Shields 75%, shields 50%" , BOOM! A lake of fire. Then some strange tentacles fell from the Thargoid ship to a smoky pit, that used to be my loved DBX, then it flew a way. Disappearing in black. Leaving me there to share the destiny of Clark Barrow, hottest pilot in the Pleiades.

Now, I had a Guardian FSD booster in my DBX, but I don't recall having any Guardian cargo? So why Thargoid attack me? I keep thinking if I had one Guardian relic on board after all, a leftover from previous site, but can't be sure. So if I go back there one day, as long as I don't have Guardian cargo I should be safe, or has thing changed over the years?

Last edited:
Was quite a while back, but this one also appeared after logging back on;

2SGguBg.jpg

It didn't attack me at all, just buzzed around a bit (well it is a bug) and flew off.

Scanned by an interceptor at another site (one of the Far God settlements). Ship is equipped with a Guardian FSD booster. It didn't seem bothered by me and carried on its way.

Top Bottom