Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club presents: The A* Challenge

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Run complete, with a passenger on board bound for Colonia, so no Neutron Boosting:

CMDR name: Edelgard von Rhein
Ship Type: Federal Dropship
Ship Name: Hippogriff
class: Unlimited with Guardian FSD booster.
race time: 24 hours 34 minutes 19 seconds
2tZYgyO.jpg

lFR22ab.jpg
Sadly a graphical glitch that results in the skybox largely failing to render is spoiling my view (as you can see in the arrival image). I have almost four weeks to get my passenger back to Galileo, so I can take my time for the moment but with this glitch I don't think I'll want to stay out that long.

Are those records lists still updated in OP? Seems like they are not..
I was thinking of doing the A Challenge when i get back home from DW2.. :unsure:

Are those records lists still updated in OP? Seems like they are not..
I was thinking of doing the A Challenge when i get back home from DW2.. :unsure:

Its been almost a year since the last update, you can contribute your time, though at this point I wouldnt get my hopes up for a leaderboard update

Its been almost a year since the last update, you can contribute your time, though at this point I wouldnt get my hopes up for a leaderboard update
Yeah, sadly (for us) drakhyr moved to Australia and, despite popping into the Buckyball Discord a couple of times, seems to be taking a fairly extended break from all things Elite: Dangerous.

Here are all the runs I know about that have been posted here, along with the runs I have done since the last board update.

Commander: Crotalus, Ship type: Federal Corvette, Class: Unlimited, Time: 4:44:05
Commander: Crotalus, Ship type: Federal Dropship, Class: Unlimited, Time: 5:23:22
Commander: Crotalus, Ship type: Mamba, Class: Unlimited, Time: 5:20:41
Commander: Crotalus, Ship type: Type 10, Class: Unlimited, Time: 4:34:07
Commander: Crotalus, Ship type: Viper MkIII, Class: Unlimited, Time: 5:40:43

Commander: Darplata94, Ship type: Asp Explorer, Class: Neutron, Time: 6:01:28
Commander: Darplata94, Ship type: Alliance Crusader, Class: Classic, Time: 15:20:53
Commander: Darplata94, Ship type: Krait Phantom, Class: Classic, Time: 8:45:31
Commander: Darplata94, Ship type: Alliance Chieftain, Class: Classic, Time: 12:11:20
Commander: Darplata94, Ship type: Alliance Challenger, Class: Classic, Time: 13:43:20

Commander: Turkwinif, Ship type: Anaconda, Class: classic, Time: 8:05:42
Commander: Turkwinif, Ship type: Alliance Challenger, Class: Classic, Time: 14:38:22

Commander: Tomparkes1993, Ship type: Sidewinder mkII, Class: Classic, Time: 45:23:46:20

Commander: Up2d4t3, Ship type: Anaconda, Class: Unlimited, Time: 1:53:29

Commander: Howard Hughes, Ship type: Anaconda, Class: Unlimited, Time: 1:58:56

Commander: Edelgard von Rhein, Ship type: Federal Dropship, Class: Unlimited, Time: 24:34:19

Commander: Boni58, Ship type: Asp Explorer, Class: Unlimited, Time: 3:46:06

Would be awesome if someone could take this thing over and keep that OP updated.

I was thinking of doing the Sag A run but without active records list, dunno if i bother..
I'm going to be hosting a regular BRC event next month. So long as running that doesn't impact too much on some other commitments I've got, then I'd be happy to take over running the A* Challenge.

Although my personal involvement was back during the original BBRA* this event is far too important to me to allow to die off. As I don't really have enough spare time these days to plan a competitive run, I'd be more than willing to keep the event going for those who do. I think that I'll certainly have enough time to make monthly updates, and perhaps more often.

In the meantime, I'll try to get in touch with Drakhyr to at least let him know that I'm planning to take it over. :)

I've not heard from drakhyr, but I have managed to retype the leaderboards much faster than I expected. I think this was mostly because roughly half the entries are by Darplata94 and Crotalus. ;)

I'll have them correctly formatted and will add the new times that Darplata94 listed above tomorrow, so I'll hopefully post the updated tables here in the next couple of days.

I'll start an A* Challenge v2 thread as soon as I've got time (maybe straight away, maybe when I've got the thread ready for my imminent regular BRC race). Once the new thread is up, I'll be able to keep the OP updated.

I'm going to take the chance to reserve a few posts at the beginning of the new thread, to link to helpful guides and tools the A* challenge runners.

If anyone has anything particularly helpful to like to, or remembers very useful posts in this thread, please could you let me know. :)

I've not heard from drakhyr, but I have managed to retype the leaderboards much faster than I expected. I think this was mostly because roughly half the entries are by Darplata94 and Crotalus. ;)

I'll have them correctly formatted and will add the new times that Darplata94 listed above tomorrow, so I'll hopefully post the updated tables here in the next couple of days.

I'll start an A* Challenge v2 thread as soon as I've got time (maybe straight away, maybe when I've got the thread ready for my imminent regular BRC race). Once the new thread is up, I'll be able to keep the OP updated.

I'm going to take the chance to reserve a few posts at the beginning of the new thread, to link to helpful guides and tools the A* challenge runners.

If anyone has anything particularly helpful to like to, or remembers very useful posts in this thread, please could you let me know. :)
a) Bravo sir - you're doing a wonderful thing - I salute you! o7

b) Quite randomly I stumbled across this today ..

@Darplata94 if you happen to be reading this thread without logging in, I've PMed you here and on discord, as I need some details from you in order to finish updating the leaderboards. :)

I've got the leaderboards fully updated now, I'll post them this evening - just need to upload them from my laptop when I get home.

If anyone has made a run since drakhyr's last update, but hasn't posted the evidence in this thread, then please could you send it to me (I've had no contact with drakhyr recently, so I've no access to any evidence you emailed or PMed to him). :)

I've already received evidence from Darplata94 (thanks) and I've also PMed Commander Vesica Urinaria who'd declared they were starting a run, but didn't post to say they'd finished.

Here are the updated leaderboards, as promised. First the best runs by ship type:

RxgPdZI.png

ryTgW5M.png

W05Ay4y.png

Full leaderboards inside the spoiler tags:
y1Kqwtw.png

1cjjVCQ.png

8W9mw8L.png

yqkH4Jv.png

I'll be trying to post a new A* Challenge thread in the next couple of days, so that I can keep the OP up-to-date. I'll give a written summary of all the new runs since drakhyr's last update in the new thread, but I hope the new leaderboards will serve to get the event going again for now. :)

There was a lot to retype, and a lot to add in, although no new runs by Alot for now! ;) I'm sure that I've probably made one or two errors. If anyone spots any, please let me know. I'll get any mistakes fixed in time for the new thread.

Fly fast CMDRs! o7

You're an absolute star Raiko. Probably so much so that an intent to race will be incoming. Thanks from all of us for keeping this amazing Challenge and thread alive.

It's great to see this picking up again!

Thank you Raiko for taking it on.

I'll have to come back to bubble now, just so as I can turn right around and head out again for a run!

You're an absolute star Raiko. Probably so much so that an intent to race will be incoming. Thanks from all of us for keeping this amazing Challenge and thread alive.
Thanks for getting this organised, great job CMDR! o7
It's great to see this picking up again!

Thank you Raiko for taking it on.

I'll have to come back to bubble now, just so as I can turn right around and head out again for a run!
Thank you all. :)

I'm more than happy to look after the A* Challenge, either until Drakhyr wants to take it back or permanently if he doesn't want to keep running it.

I'll try to get a new thread started this weekend, before I get too busy prepping for the Seven Sisters Speedway, but even if I don't manage to get the new thread up, if anyone is ready to make an A* run, then I'm ready to accept your submission. :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom