improve the scenery....

Terra6790

Banned
isnt it time to work on the scene aspect of the game? dont get me wrong its already a great work effort! i respect it adn admire it but seriously with the amount of explorers and non-combatents in the game, does it not merit a better collection os astronomical objects? i do not know how it is on other platforms but in ps4, theres 5 or 6 different visual types of nebulae(this is the worst), the bernard's loop area is a pixelised mess (looks like someone forgot the kettle on and left before finishing the graphics there), and it gets bad with the planet types too, too many few visual diferences too much repetition... lets give a little 'leash' with the astrobodies and anomalies\events that are missing..
anyways im sure a topic like this exists already but heres some more voice to it! #betterviewesmatter
o7

Terra6790

Banned
let me also add: as a player who preffers passenger assigments above all, i have collected 11 pages of tourist beacons so far and wan tyou to know when i started i thought each of them would offer me something new to see...truth was very dissapoining, but i believe the game deserves that variety of visual experience! then it would be way more interesting to join the many exploration initiatives out there! cant understand why would frontier invest so much time just to deliver ships and modules parallel to what already exists and leave the imense amount of work the game trully deserves for next century maybe?(because i havent seen any announcments about improving the scenery or the amount of its algorythms...) anyways its just that suggestion that is just there to be ignored (or not)
o7

more stellar phenomena such as binary stars merging
r6700177-cataclysmic_binary_stars1.jpg

let me also add: as a player who preffers passenger assigments above all, i have collected 11 pages of tourist beacons so far and wan tyou to know when i started i thought each of them would offer me something new to see...truth was very dissapoining, but i believe the game deserves that variety of visual experience! then it would be way more interesting to join the many exploration initiatives out there! cant understand why would frontier invest so much time just to deliver ships and modules parallel to what already exists and leave the imense amount of work the game trully deserves for next century maybe?(because i havent seen any announcments about improving the scenery or the amount of its algorythms...) anyways its just that suggestion that is just there to be ignored (or not)
o7
I dunno why you thought each tourist beacon would be something to see though. 90% of historical sites in Europe are just a plaque and an old building.

I dunno why you thought each tourist beacon would be something to see though. 90% of historical sites in Europe are just a plaque and an old building.

And only few people know the secret behind this: quite often it means the old building is special in some way and might be worth taking a look, not only the plaque itself. :D

and 90% of natural wonders/reserves in the US are wildly different. But even with the space plaques I wish the tourists asked for more varied activities once you reach a destination, and less tons of beer.

Have a look at the dramatic dust shell around the star in this early teaser:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE8B4KptyVI

The capital ship battle even happens inside it!

Based on that, this kinda stuff -- accretion discs, circumstellar clouds, etc. -- were likely planned at some stage. Perhaps they will make it in eventually. I had hoped the new "stellar phenomena" of 3.3 would include some of these, but unfortunately not: the new clouds are all at small scale, a few kilometers across.

I wonder if there's a reason they can't adapt the Lagrange volumetrics and apply them to objects at system scale.

Terra6790

Banned
Have a look at the dramatic dust shell around the star in this early teaser:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE8B4KptyVI

The capital ship battle even happens inside it!

Based on that, this kinda stuff -- accretion discs, circumstellar clouds, etc. -- were likely planned at some stage. Perhaps they will make it in eventually. I had hoped the new "stellar phenomena" of 3.3 would include some of these, but unfortunately not: the new clouds are all at small scale, a few kilometers across.

I wonder if there's a reason they can't adapt the Lagrange volumetrics and apply them to objects at system scale.
looks awesome and promising.. like alot other things.. :3

Top Bottom