Show me the money!!

OK so who is the richest pilot in terms of credit balance and assets? I'm just curious...anyone over the 100 bn mark, over the trillion mark?

Before anyone loses their s*** over this it's just a bit of fun and yes, you're right credit balance and piloting skill are totally unrelated. If you only play for fun and don't care about credits, good for you but this thread is all about the money.

I recently hit the 5 bn mark on my credit balance and I've never been an exploiter, never been to Quince, never been to Ceos or Sothis, never took part in the get rich quick stuff, never understood how players make 100m an hour. I've also taken huge breaks from the game over the years so I'm wondering, if you've been playing since launch and trying to max out your credits...what would that look like after 5 years?

What also came to light when I checked my stats is how balanced my earnings are in terms of activity, combat, trade and mining income are almost equal, exploration is quite far down but that's probably more to do with how poorly it used to pay.

Also, my most profitable ship by a long way is my Python, trader, mission runner, miner, it's made me a fortune, far more than any other ship I own.

I've been building that balance up in the hope that one day there would be a suitable credit sink and all that effort would be worth it...with FCs coming up and next year potentially base building maybe I'll finally have something to do with those credits?

BTW if you want the crown of richest player, post a screenshot for proof...mine is below...I won't win.
Screenshot_0059.jpg

Maybe tell us how you made your fortune, which ships you used, context is king and who doesn't like a story. :)

Last edited:
What about multiple commanders? Are we allowed to combine?

Not that both of mine combined would come close. I was just wondering.

I've just now grabbed (and cropped) these screenshots, strangely my stats appear in a different order to the OP's:
JUktbtP.jpg

I've included the important total assets too:
NGHdk12.jpg

Love threads like this, I may add explanations later if anyone is interested.

OK so who is the richest pilot in terms of credit balance and assets? I'm just curious...anyone over the 100 bn mark, over the trillion mark?

Before anyone loses their s*** over this it's just a bit of fun and yes, you're right credit balance and piloting skill are totally unrelated. If you only play for fun and don't care about credits, good for you but this thread is all about the money.

I recently hit the 5 bn mark on my credit balance and I've never been an exploiter, never been to Quince, never been to Ceos or Sothis, never took part in the get rich quick stuff, never understood how players make 100m an hour. I've also taken huge breaks from the game over the years so I'm wondering, if you've been playing since launch and trying to max out your credits...what would that look like after 5 years?

What also came to light when I checked my stats is how balanced my earnings are in terms of activity, combat, trade and mining income are almost equal, exploration is quite far down but that's probably more to do with how poorly it used to pay.

Also, my most profitable ship by a long way is my Python, trader, mission runner, miner, it's made me a fortune, far more than any other ship I own.

I've been building that balance up in the hope that one day there would be a suitable credit sink and all that effort would be worth it...with FCs coming up and next year potentially base building maybe I'll finally have something to do with those credits?

BTW if you want the crown of richest player, post a screenshot for proof...mine is below...I won't win. View attachment 138164

Maybe tell us how you made your fortune, which ships you used, context is king and who doesn't like a story. :)

Does all this money win you the loveliest debutante in town?

The most i have had in the bank is 1.2bill, before i lashed out on a corvette. Small change i guess.

By the way i went to the USA when i was a kid and it freaked me out that all different dollar bills were the same size. I instantly started getting as many one dollar bills as i could and then wrapping my only $50 bill round the outside! What can i say i was 13😂

o7

I've just now grabbed (and cropped) these screenshots, strangely my stats appear in a different order to the OP's:
JUktbtP.jpg

I've included the important total assets too:
NGHdk12.jpg

Love threads like this, I may add explanations later if anyone is interested.

Love it mate...57 ships...holy mackerel. Amazing 16.6 bn spent on outfitting!!

Tell us more...what earned you the most, which of your 57 ships was the biggest earner?

That reminds me of a story from the old USSR...one of the eastern block countries experienced hyper inflation in the 60's, workers were bringing home their wages in wheelbarrows, by the time they got home the wheelbarrow was worth more than the money in it.

I know of the Weimar hyperinflation between 1921 and 1923 that had stories regarding wheelbarrows filled with worthless notes. I didnt know about USSR cash crash, are you sure you are not confusing that with the Holodomor?

-

Woops... sorry didnt register the 60's bit.

Love it mate...57 ships...holy mackerel. Amazing 16.6 bn spent on outfitting!!

Tell us more...what earned you the most, which of your 57 ships was the biggest earner?

A few of those ships are bookmarks but most of them are fully engineered & see regular use. I have 24 ships stored at my current base of operations and another 18 (I think) stored at a local high-tech to avoid clutter. As my pot of cash increases I buy another ship, find a use for it & add it to my fleet of useful ships or sell it if it doesn't endear itself to me. I bought & sold several T-9s before finally finding a use for them, now I have two (one for bulk cargo hauling locally, another similar one stored elsewhere for repairing stations).

The credits spent on outfitting is an odd stat, it's always been very high. I don't particularly chop & change loadouts but my ships do tend to evolve with use and some hulls have been with me for a long time & have had a few refits over the years. Since 3.3 I earn cash more quickly than my playstyle requires so some of my most useful ships now have updated equivalents stored at satellite bases for rapid deployment, but really it's just a way to try to keep my credit balance down in the 2019 game economy.

I play in Open, accepting & mitigating the risks inherent in that choice, I don't instance flip, I don't farm (although I do put the effort into achieving goals), I generally work alone (although recently joined a squadron with another like-minded player).

I haven't done any of the new mining (yet), but a significant chunk of my current cash reserve came from exploration data. I'm currently taking every donation mission I see in a very simple attempt to stir things up a bit in the local neighbourhood because there are so few other players around at the moment.

So if anyone's not playing atm because they are waiting for Frontier to release more content, just know I'm still in the game, touching your stuff ;)

INARA does authoritative rankings based on your in-game journal.

These are the top CMDRs ever.

When rankings first opened I was #992 and stoked to be in the top one thousand.
But as more folks submitted their journals for ranking I have dropped back to #1567 or something.
Realistically I would like to think I am a top 2500 CMDR globally, and if I put a ton of effort in, I could make top 1000 again.

If any of these billions — i have a little more than three — could buy an actual cup of coffee, i’d be more impressed.

Top Bottom