Show me the money!!

Thanks....now who could give me change on a $1 bn bill?

Boring fact of the day...did you know all US dollar bills are the same size & dimensions...not many countries do that.

And none of them are actually worth the rag paper they’re printed on... not since we dropped the gold standard.

Holy Money Bags, $12B credits ??
Compared to you guys I'm a piker, but I have noticed something; once I hit $2B credits ( pretty much cargo delivery only, no road to riches, no get rich quick schemes, no mining at all) my interest in earning more vanished. I now have enough credits for any mishap in my current play style ( am presently sightseeing/ exploring and loving it) and enough to buy additonal ships if I want them although I like flying what I have now and don't seem to be motivated to buy any others.
Another words I have enough credits to enjoy playing the game worry free. I think that number is different for everyone but for me it's probably this or close to it.

yQcpnJnh.png

N4EaUnfh.png

Last edited:
Compared to you guys I'm a piker, but I have noticed something; once I hit $2B credits ( pretty much cargo delivery only, no road to riches, no get rich quick schemes, no mining at all) my interest in earning more vanished. I now have enough credits for any mishap in my current play style ( am presently sightseeing/ exploring and loving it) and enough to buy additonal ships if I want them although I like flying what I have now and don't seem to be motivated to buy any others.
Another words I have enough credits to enjoy playing the game worry free. I think that number is different for everyone but for me it's probably this or close to it.

iLGagwqh.png

M3SkvOmh.png

Nice one ;)

I think we all get to a point with credits where we feel sorta safe...you can afford multiple rebuys, you could buy and outfit any ship you want, for me that was around the 1 bn mark. Anything on top of that is a bonus but whatever I do in game, I like to get paid 💰

If you think 12B in total assets, of which 9B in credits, is high, you should know that some of the game's veterans have, at least, over 100B in total assets. I have personally seen bank balances of two players hovering over 40B in credits alone.

Some of the guys that have been playing since alpha and have used all of the many exploits, that existed throughout the history of this game, have amassed enough money to buy entire fleets of fully upgraded Anacondas/Corvettes/Cutters.

Yes, you are correct. I am in agreement with you on this subject.

I stopped worrying about rebuys when I had 1B in credits, and then stopped worrying about money all together after 3B. Since then, I only do what activity I feel like doing, even if it pays nothing. The payment is the fun you gather from it.

Having enough money just makes the game more relaxing. It stops you from getting nervous about that possible huge rebuy that you can barely afford, when on a dangerous mission.

Last edited:
Some of the guys that have been playing since alpha and have used all of the many exploits, that existed throughout the history of this game, have amassed enough money to buy entire fleets of fully upgraded Anacondas/Corvettes/Cutters.
Just because people have a lot of credits, doesn't mean that they used exploits. There have always been legitimate ways to make a lot of money. Just like now you can make more money than ever by mining. From memory, I made more than 8 billion from over 100,000 bounties I collected, and i didn't start until version 1.9.

Just because people have a lot of credits, doesn't mean that they used exploits. There have always been legitimate ways to make a lot of money. Just like now you can make more money than ever by mining. From memory, I made more than 8 billion from over 100,000 bounties I collected, and i didn't start until version 1.9.
You should notice that i did say "some", not "all". I know that many of the veterans have not used exploits because it detracts from the immersion of the game and also that they think that doing so is, quite correctly, dishonest or plain cheating.

A little more context. Having a good deal of money allows me to take chances while enjoying my fav pastime which is sightseeing. I’m exploring nebulae for the first time. I’m flying farther than i ever have, landing on high g planets, managing neutron stars, finding White dwarves, black holes..
This is why I bought the game, to ‘see’ things I’ll never get to see in my lifetime.

Last edited:
You should notice that i did say "some", not "all". I know that many of the veterans have not used exploits because it detracts from the immersion of the game and also that they think that doing so is, quite correctly, dishonest or plain cheating.
I don't really mind how others choose to play, but I do think figuring stuff out is half the game and using those helpful how to guides, and then complaining the game is shallow does the game a dis-service.

It's the combination that's frustrating rather than simply Min/maxing.
As an example D8veh does impressive speed runs and other challenges, and has a thorough understanding of the fastest way to achieve a goal, but does not complain that the game is too shallow.

I don't really mind how others choose to play, but I do think figuring stuff out is half the game and using those helpful how to guides, and then complaining the game is shallow does the game a dis-service.

It's the combination that's frustrating rather than simply Min/maxing.
As an example D8veh does impressive speed runs and other challenges, and has a thorough understanding of the fastest way to achieve a goal, but does not complain that the game is too shallow.
Was I complaining? :confused:

INARA does authoritative rankings based on your in-game journal.

These are the top CMDRs ever.

When rankings first opened I was #992 and stoked to be in the top one thousand.
But as more folks submitted their journals for ranking I have dropped back to #1567 or something.
Realistically I would like to think I am a top 2500 CMDR globally, and if I put a ton of effort in, I could make top 1000 again.

How to find myself short of flicking thru the pages in Overall Rankings?

I normally have EDMC running when in game but didn't manually import my data, and I don't see my overall rank in Inara's Ranks and Reputation.

Just importing my data from Frontier into Inara ... seems to be taking its time.

Edit: Lol, I'm ranked 921 but picked up 4 new badges after import. I'm expecting to get The Soldier badge next ;)

Last edited:
I've never signed up to Inara....I use the site for info but I've not downloaded the app / software. TBH I wasn't sure what to download and I'm not a big fan of 3rd party apps, I just don't trust them...no offense to the person team that built Inara, the site is excellent.

Would you recommend it?

Yes, using the small API (https://github.com/Marginal/EDMarketConnector/wiki) helps track your game progress, fleet, materials required for engineers and tech broker, etc. and also helps update Inara and eddb.io websites which in turn help other players to get up to date info of game's background simulator engine.

You only need to run the API before you launch the game and close it when you quit the game.

Top Bottom