witch head nebula: no ax conflict zones, no missions from Acropolis

So, it's been a while since I went bug hunting and I felt like helping humanity once again by going to the witch head nebula. Spent 20M shipping my ax ship and then I discovered that, as the title say, I can't find any AX CZ (even in systems under incursion) and the megaships like acropolis don't give any of those "kill scout" or "kill interceptor missions" that I remember I used to do. What gives?

even in systems under incursion
Things to learn : how to find active incursions

1) Open galnet in-game
2) Look at the 2nd post
3) What does it say?

No Thargoid presence ... there ya' go! :)

Thanks, that's useful. It seems it's not synchronized with the map filters because some of those systems are still under incursion. Good to know
They're under incursion (as they're in that list), but the incursion is not active (because they have been cleared down to 'no presence'). People who use the map often get confused - the Galnet post is more useful. But even the Galnet post lags sometimes. Overall it is somewhat confusing 🤷‍♀️

We squashed them all.
However, over at Arc's Faith in HR 1183 is absolutley swarming with bugs, I was there for the first time in about 3 weeks and while it had " lots" before - it is now absolutely heaving with them.
Something is brewing for sure.

NHSS are still there if you want to train your ship at Thargoids.
Tho i'd wish there be more those of threat level 5 that have 8 scouts in it.
Those are entertaining in a medium ship. Not so much for my Anaconda with 4 large AX-mc turrets.

NHSS are still there if you want to train your ship at Thargoids.
Tho i'd wish there be more those of threat level 5 that have 8 scouts in it.
Those are entertaining in a medium ship. Not so much for my Anaconda with 4 large AX-mc turrets.
yes, I did few regular NHSS but I was actually looking for AX CZ (because I never tried them and I wanted to see how they look like) and the missions from acropolis to make few bucks

Damn, I just finished unlocking (grinding) the Guardian weapons..
Yeah - a shame because if fdev had stuck to their original plan (no shipyard, bumping the incursion level on uncleared systems daily) then we'd still probably have things to do this week. Sadly the forum grumblers made it more boring when they made it easier. Meh.

Yeah - a shame because if fdev had stuck to their original plan (no shipyard, bumping the incursion level on uncleared systems daily) then we'd still probably have things to do this week. Sadly the forum grumblers made it more boring when they made it easier. Meh.
That said.. it was getting knocked out the park pretty quick as it was. Whether the shipyard was a genuine reward or just capitulation to whiners we won't know, but I don't think it's absence would've been a dealbreaker.

That said.. it was getting knocked out the park pretty quick as it was. Whether the shipyard was a genuine reward or just capitulation to whiners we won't know, but I don't think it's absence would've been a dealbreaker.
Maybe - I just wish they'd stuck to their guns - as things stand now it feeds into the 'game on rails' narrative, whereas if we were losing some stations it would be more interesting.

Kinda hoping they use the station repair system for the next stage, give us until the September release to fix the stations or they get removed. But they've been good at surprising us, so no doubt it will be something else :)

It would indeed be nice if they'd surprise-buff a couple more incursions, let's say between tonight and tomorrow - if only to shake a bit our assumptions that thargoids are weekly creatures of habit.

In the meantime @ Thargoid headquarters:
T1: "Ehy boss, can we go squash some more damn meatbags today? I need to grind to evolve into a Basilisk, those scars are supercool!"
T2: "NO! The bureau of strategy and invasions said new waves leave EXCLUSIVELY on Thargsday"

Last edited:
Top Bottom