Suggestion to players: Elgato Streamdeck for control console immersion

Unsure where else to put this, perhaps in the "guides" subforum?

Anyhow, for those of you with a nice HOTAS rig (but not VR) there is a nice programmable button deck made by Elgato that is pretty snazzy. The buttons have LED displays underneath, so you can custom set each button to whatever layout and look you like.

Here's my first cut at some extra controls after an hour or two of farming around on google image search and then using photoshop to edit and resize to 72px square:

streamdeck_ed.jpg

I've set the buttons up to simply be keystrokes, so it's very simple to use. Granted, putting combat controls off of the sticks is not optimal, but this was just for testing a layout.

Wow, I love the look of your stream deck.

I am thinking about getting one for Elite Dangerous but do not see much about it online. How is it working out for you? Is it easy to set up?

Thanks

I'm trying to get it working. Got buttons bound to keys on the keyboard using hotkey thing in the stream deck software, the same key does the right thing when pressed on the keyboard but does nothing when pressed on the stream deck.
What am I doing wrong?

Lots of stuff here:
https://edassets.org/#/

I'm trying to get it working. Got buttons bound to keys on the keyboard using hotkey thing in the stream deck software, the same key does the right thing when pressed on the keyboard but does nothing when pressed on the stream deck.
What am I doing wrong?

There are a couple facts of the Streamdeck software that are important, with the primary concern being that the software pays attention to which application has focus in Windows. This allows the deck to switch between profiles just by your switching which app is in the foreground.

I have the "Default Profile" set to be a blank slate with an icon in the middle of the deck that says "Idle". This lets me know that it's not in a given profile and the keys won't do anything at all. The ED profile is set to Application "Elite: Dangerous", and when the ED window is active, the profile is enabled and the icons for it appear on the deck. This is all set up under the "Profiles" tab of the Preferences panel, which is accessed via the gear icon on the main Stream Deck app.

All of the keys mapped in the ED profile are just "Hotkey" type with a specific keyboard key assigned. That's it. No other magic.

You just need to set up your "default" profile to be blank (or something *not* your ED profile) and then set up an ED-specific profile. That way you can see it switch to the icon and key set when you have ED in the foreground, and see it flip to the blank default profile when not.

If all of this is defined like this and you still can't get the Streamdeck to send keystrokes, then you've got issues that are beyond simple troubleshooting that I can help you with.

Lestat

Banned
This kinda reminds me of my Logitech G 13 with 24 buttons and a hat controller. But I have all my controls on my Saitech ST290 and X52 pro. If they keep adding buttons I might add the G13 to my mix.

You dropped an "h" in your https address for that link:

I'm not sure if it's the quality of the photo, but that text is awfully hard to read on some of those buttons.

oops..fixed...oh and its much easier to see in the flesh..all buttons populated now.

I use StreamDeck also - and love it.

I found that several recent software versions (not sure about current - I don't upgrade any more) didn't work and I had to downgrade to 3.1.1 to get my keys working again in Elite (worked fine in other programs tho).

My main sets are in picture below, but I've just downloaded more icons so things are about to change!

EDStreamDeck.jpg

The temptation to spend more money is strong... I just splooged on an X52 last week, as much as I don't need one of these... it'd sure be a novelty to have... Darn my hobbies and their incessant will to drain my bank account!

Top Bottom