Hybrids from Jurassic World Alive

Of all the hybrids from that game (Jurassic World Alive), these seem to be the most feasible for Evolution.
Dracoceratops (Dracorex + Triceratops; pachycephalosaur greenhouse diet; medium sized like the Iguanodon to fight both medium and small carnivores but also easily killed by large carnivores and the Indoraptor with a surprise attack and poisoned by the Troodon)
Nodopatosaurus (Nodosaurus + Apatosaurus; sauropod greenhouse diet)
A possible suggestion would have this and the Ankylodocus fight the Indominus Rex but still cohabit with all other carnivores.
Paramoloch (Parasaurolophus + Stygimoloch; hadrosaur greenhouse diet; unarmored)
Tyrannolophosaurus (Tyrannosaurus + Dilophosaurus; large carnivore; no fish)
This one may have poison attack animation (the Dilophosaurus also needs this), but do you think it should hunt the sauropods and fight their hybrids like IR? Probably not, but who knows...
Cheers

Of all the hybrids from that game (Jurassic World Alive), these seem to be the most feasible for Evolution.
Dracoceratops (Dracorex + Triceratops; pachycephalosaur greenhouse diet; medium sized like the Iguanodon to fight both medium and small carnivores but also easily killed by large carnivores and the Indoraptor with a surprise attack and poisoned by the Troodon)
Nodopatosaurus (Nodosaurus + Apatosaurus; sauropod greenhouse diet)
A possible suggestion would have this and the Ankylodocus fight the Indominus Rex but still cohabit with all other carnivores.
Paramoloch (Parasaurolophus + Stygimoloch; hadrosaur greenhouse diet; unarmored)
Tyrannolophosaurus (Tyrannosaurus + Dilophosaurus; large carnivore; no fish)
This one may have poison attack animation (the Dilophosaurus also needs this), but do you think it should hunt the sauropods and fight their hybrids like IR? Probably not, but who knows...
Cheers

It is interesting, it would be nice for more hybrids. :)

While these are reasonable because the recipe species do exist in-game, I don’t think anymore hybrids will appear in Jurassic World Evolution. All new hybrids that didn’t make a physical movie appearance are introduced in a very special way in regards to lore and story, not just by any random DLC. Because hybrids are made to be very special in the Jurassic World sage of the JP franchise, they would need that level of “very special” in order for introduction. Because of how the Secrets of Dr. Wu is made, I don’t it will be expanded in any form either.

You got me there, Gabe, and I do apologize for correcting the Tyrannolophosaurus. My mind was a little off at the end. Your practicality is rock solid.

They look surprisingly okay considering how aweful max level dinosaurs and most hybrids looked in JW the Game, but that Tyrannolophosaurus is so ugly, yikes.

If the hybrids were better designed. Would you then accept them? Wouldn't you also want the previous animals to be improved on before possibly moving on to more?
While the two film hyrbids, Indoraptor and Indominus aren't that unique in their designs, they are okay. It would certainly help if the designs were better. Just pasting parts from two animals on top of each other just looks terrible. Many of the designs look like they couldn't even stand without falling over.

But the whole idea of hybrids just seems kinda unneeded to begin with. There are so many fascinating real dinosaurs that are much more interesting that most of the boring or ugly hybrid designs. Instead of adding more hybrids, why not add some bizarre looking real dinosaurs?
Therizinosaurus springs to mind of course.
Deinocheirus with it's huge hands, doofy duckface and hunched back. It doesn't get much more bizarre than that.
Miragaia, a long-necked stegosaur!
Amargasaurus, a small sauropod with rows of spikes along its neck.
Brachytracholopan, a really weird looking short-necked sauropod.
Balaur, a bird with 2 killing claws on each foot.
Mononychus, only has one big fat finger on each hand.
And I could go on.

The point is, there are so many bizarre and fascinating real dinosaurs that actually existed! The world is a wonderful place. With so many wondrous oddities to learn about. The natural world is bursting with variety. Why would you want to replace them with badly designed fake dinosaurs when there is the potential to learn about some weird dinosaur that most people won't even have known to exist?

To Trilobite: Just give me Lambeosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus, and the Vivid Ankylosaurus, and I’ll be a happy camper.

To Trilobite: Just give me Lambeosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus, and the Vivid Ankylosaurus, and I’ll be a happy camper.

Interesting picks. Hybrids I'm interested in seeing esp. in a possible sequel. Would be:

Stegoceratops - hoping for a better design as this is my fav. :)
Ankylodocus - with a better design
Spinoraptor - with just a bit more polish - another fav. :)

JW:Alive:
Amargocephalus
Ankyntrosaurus - fav
Monostegotops
Stegodeus
Nodopatotitan
Nodopatosaurus - fav
Postimetrodon
Dracoceratops
Trykosaurus - fav
Tyrannolophosaur

JW:The Game
Giganocephalus - fav
Pachyceratops - fav

In addition to the needed animals to make them. It makes sense with them known due to JW:The Game and JW:Alive. Frontier as well as Universal would want to utilize them. Much like the animals many have come to know because of those properties. Not mentioning other media such as books and art. I would really enjoy these and many other actual animals into the possible sequel. :)

While the two film hyrbids, Indoraptor and Indominus aren't that unique in their designs, they are okay. It would certainly help if the designs were better. Just pasting parts from two animals on top of each other just looks terrible. Many of the designs look like they couldn't even stand without falling over.

But the whole idea of hybrids just seems kinda unneeded to begin with. There are so many fascinating real dinosaurs that are much more interesting that most of the boring or ugly hybrid designs. Instead of adding more hybrids, why not add some bizarre looking real dinosaurs?
Therizinosaurus springs to mind of course.
Deinocheirus with it's huge hands, doofy duckface and hunched back. It doesn't get much more bizarre than that.
Miragaia, a long-necked stegosaur!
Amargasaurus, a small sauropod with rows of spikes along its neck.
Brachytracholopan, a really weird looking short-necked sauropod.
Balaur, a bird with 2 killing claws on each foot.
Mononychus, only has one big fat finger on each hand.
And I could go on.

The point is, there are so many bizarre and fascinating real dinosaurs that actually existed! The world is a wonderful place. With so many wondrous oddities to learn about. The natural world is bursting with variety. Why would you want to replace them with badly designed fake dinosaurs when there is the potential to learn about some weird dinosaur that most people won't even have known to exist?

I wouldn't want Therizinosaurus as I'm afraid about the design. The others I can agree with as I do have quite a list for dinos, aquatics, pterosaurs and possible extinct animals I would like to see in the possible sequel. I do agree that the hybrids didn't come out the best way that I was hoping. Spinoraptor had a natural and great design that fit in perfectly. I don't know why the other two weren't taken into account to be better than what they were. It is kind of like the limited skins. Would like for better ones for all the animals.

You have some valid points but however. A lot of these other hybrids aren't secret as many have come to know them through, games, toys and such. So there isn't any harm to add them as they also add spice to the game. Not to dwindle it, just as you said with the many variety of animals. I hope all of this will be added in a possible and most likely sequel. A lot of the animals are already with a steady foundation and AI/animation can be improved on to a great extent along with the many additions we hope for. With higher polish with the better game engine. I'm sure they couldn't bring it closer to what we hope for. If not also for themselves as fans of the property.

It is important in creature design that this animal is not only to look and move as though it was real but to have a reason and purpose in its construction. Every animal that lives has that and I think that is the two big mess ups on the two other hybrids. Even though I'm not aiming for ultra realistic as it is a game. It would be nice to have them a bit more grounded while they are placed into it. Perhaps even have Dr. Wu state that we have made improvements on our hybrids as I'm hoping for a longer campaign in the next game as well :)

Another problem I want to point out here. Frontier Developments are not associated with Ludia Inc., the Canadian company that made Jurassic World: The Game and Jurassic World Alive.

When Frontier adds a new species, hybrid or not, that hasn’t made a physical movie appearance into Jurassic World Evolution, their goal is to make them look aesthetically as possible as they would in the films. Because Frontier has a high possitive reputation with Universal Pictures with that kind of direction, any other Jurassic World themed game they would make would keep that line of authenticity. And because they have no presumed affiliation with Ludia or any of their games, the probability of seeing hybrids they came up with themselves in any Jurassic World made game by another company, such as Frontier Developments, seems unlikely to me. The only way how those other hybrids can be in other company games is to have some kind of agreement with Ludia Inc. prior til, if both sides are willing.

The only reason why Ankylodocus and Spinoraptor became a thing in Jurassic World Evolution, possibly as exceptions, is presumably because those two hybrids among a couple of others were supported further by Universal themselves by making them into “Toys to Life” kind of toys for anyone to purchase and utilize for Jurassic World: The Game. The Brawlasaurs.

While the rest of the Ludia-made hybrids are supported only by that respective company themselves. Yes, the rest of the hybrids would still need Universal Picture’s own support for their inclusions in those two mobile games, but they all don’t have that kind of extensive support like the Ankylodocus, Spinoraptor, or the other Brawlasaur hybrids had.

Last edited:

I agree completely. What was the point of designing this atrocious Ankylodocus when there ARE actual armored sauropods with club tail like Shunosaurus?

We need IA improvements and new animations before adding new hybrids to the game. Ankylodocus should be able to fight back against Indominus rex.
All hybrids should be able to socialize with shared DNA dinosaurs. (Stegoceratops with Triceratops, Indominus rex with Velociraptors like we see in the movie.)

But I don't think more hybrids are coming for this game. Definitly not coming with the next DLC this year.

Top Bottom