Quick Curious Questions

Which dinosaur/s do you ignore the most and why? Also how do you think frontier should improve said dinosaurs.

My personal list:
P.S. I'm not complaining, I'm just expressing, and I'm not saying frontier should change anything if they aren't or don't want to.

1.Dreadnoughtus-I don't use it that much mainly because of the low population limit but also because of its plainness.

2.Maiasaura-First reason is because of the design texture, and second because their a pain to maintain.

3.Ankylodocus-Again its because of the low low population limit, the Ankylodocus really doesn't look that good in a less populated area. And again, it's the texture, it's to spiky, I can't even believe how the Indominus Rex can take it down without hurting itself. Also because it can't fight back. LOL🤣🤣🤣

That's my list.

We currently have 62 dinosaurs currently in the game, so some are bound to be in the bottom of the barrel.

For me, it is:

1. Majungasaurus: I love this dinosaur specifically for its long tail, but I never use it much. I plain forget about it and prefer other carnivores in its niche.

2. Indoraptor: It rarely comes to my mind to use it, I always liked the indominus rex but not much the indoraptor in the game.

3. Nodosaurus: I like all other ankylosaurs in the game, but nodosaurus always ends up in my more forgetful pile. I like the polacanthus and sauropelta so much more for their looks alone.

I don't think it is a matter of game design but player preference. Recently they included the random dinosaurs for challenge mode, so it will allow players to try out late game dinosaurs as early as the beginning of the challenge and experience those rare dinosaurs a bit more.

In regards to population and social needs, you can always modify their social genes if you have the Secrets of Dr. Wu DLC expansion pack. Certain kinds dinosaurs are different, so the number of social gene slots and their effects can differ.

You can only do so much with the social genes, sure, but it’s something rather than nothing.

In regards to population and social needs, you can always modify their social genes if you have the Secrets of Dr. Wu DLC expansion pack. Certain kinds dinosaurs are different, so the number of social gene slots and their effects can differ.

You can only do so much with the social genes, sure, but it’s something rather than nothing.
I know that... I use it most of the time, but still, it reduces the viability by alot and I'd rather have a few high rated and long living dinosaurs rather than alot of short lived low rated ones.

Also I'm not complaining, I'm just expressing myself. I'm not asking for any change, I'm just curious.

Last edited:
Which dinosaur/s do you ignore the most and why? Also how do you think frontier should improve said dinosaurs.

My personal list:
P.S. I'm not complaining, I'm just expressing, and I'm not saying frontier should change anything if they aren't or don't want to.

1.Dreadnoughtus-I don't use it that much mainly because of the low population limit but also because of its plainness.

2.Maiasaura-First reason is because of the design texture, and second because their a pain to maintain.

3.Ankylodocus-Again its because of the low low population limit, the Ankylodocus really doesn't look that good in a less populated area. And again, it's the texture, it's to spiky, I can't even believe how the Indominus Rex can take it down without hurting itself. Also because it can't fight back. LOL🤣🤣🤣

That's my list.

That's one of the improvements I think they need to change. All animals should be able to contend. Not all herbivores are going to just be eaten without a fight. Even if it's not a high percentage for that kind to do so. It would be nice to mix it up once in a while. I also think the combat mechanics really needs to be tweaked.

3. Nodosaurus: I like all other ankylosaurs in the game, but nodosaurus always ends up in my more forgetful pile. I like the polacanthus and sauropelta so much more for their looks alone.

Really? that is my favorite anky because it looks like a pangolin. Also its design is based off of bareopelta (i think) which had a near perfect mummified fossil so we know exactly how it looked.

As for dinos I use the least that would be all of the hybrids. Outside of that it would probably be

1. Archaeornithomimus: I like having struthis and gallimimus but I dont have any interest in archies. I feel like they are in just for the meme name.

2. Carchar: I dont like the design, and its hardly different from other carnivores anyways.

3. Chasmosaurus: Not alot I can do with it. All of the cerapsids are limited because of low pop/soc as it is and Chasmosaurus is the least interesting to me. I feel like if it had really exotic skins I would like it a lot more so it definitely has potential.

On this note have you guys made the attempt to use dinosaurs you often don’t use?

I just made a park just yesterday with the dinosaurs I said I don’t use on this thread in their exhibits.

My favorite so far is the indoraptor exhibit. With the terrain tools I made a heavy bush forest exhibit. It now feels like the black panther of my park.

I also made an exhibit of 3 majingasaurus (1 jungle and 2 alpine) in a palm tree jungle with vivid bush.

@jurASSaTHICC I genuinely did not make the comparison to the pangolin haha. I went an made an exhibit with 2 nodosaurus, 2 ankylodocus, and 7 torosaurus. They fit in well in the exhibit as the other dinosaurs are very light in their skin choices (alpine ankylodocus with alpine and rainforest torosaurus) and the nodosaurus are jungle skined. I find it cute that they have giant armored neighbors to compare them to.

On this note have you guys made the attempt to use dinosaurs you often don’t use?

Ya my last play was doing just that and making all of Nublar sandy. I used Torosaurus, Gallimimus, Olorotitan, Sauropelta and Diplodocus. Its a free roam park with feeders everywhere. I also let a baryonyx loose with tons of fish feeders in the lake and river and a pen with tons of goat feeders that I let loose ever so often.

Its interesting to see how the different dinos migrate to different parts of the map and what prey the bary prefers. Ive only seen him eat from one of the eight fish feeders once and for whatever reason whenever I released dracorexs he would hunt down and kill those till there were none left so I stopped making them.

My personal list:

That's my list.

I really like all the animals. I don't really try to ignore any of them. Some I don't care for their restraints but eh. I deal :)

Top Bottom