AX flag cannons how to use

Hi Guys, it quite a time since my last post. Ofc I didn`t gave up and sometimes I am a bit stubborn to advices. To sum up a bit, first yes, I meant AX flak cannons and I got a little practice right now and have a idea how to use them. I also changed my guardian plasma loader to gauss canons, I guess they are the best for the thargoids exept Scouts, but my success in that way, hitting the cyclops is not satisfying from my point of view. Most times when I fight the cyclops, my glass canopy brokes, I think I will try the Python next. I even tried guardian shard cannons, but this was also not very promising. I saw another Cmdr destroying the Cyclops within 6 minutes with a Kraight MKII and with shard cannons, can not really say it worked for me the same way. I have some Videos on Twitch showing my attempts "https://www.twitch.tv/videos/460961346", most time I am occupied with the swarm and its not only one, in my last video I was fighting nearly the complete time to the respawing swarm again and again. That seems not the right strategy.... Maybe ignoring, I will try next with more heat sinks and thanks for all of your comments and advices. Btw my boost is 511 and my hull 3196, replaced decontamination limpets with hull reinforments, will do silent running against caustic damage, fly save, cu

I tried having a look at your vid but it didn't seem to play properly.

For the swarm if you do not kill a heart in 7 minutes the interceptor will become 'enraged' and always release a new swarm when you kill one.

Good to see you're still trying, good luck o7

Hi Guys, it quite a time since my last post. Ofc I didn`t gave up and sometimes I am a bit stubborn to advices. To sum up a bit, first yes, I meant AX flak cannons and I got a little practice right now and have a idea how to use them. I also changed my guardian plasma loader to gauss canons, I guess they are the best for the thargoids exept Scouts, but my success in that way, hitting the cyclops is not satisfying from my point of view. Most times when I fight the cyclops, my glass canopy brokes, I think I will try the Python next. I even tried guardian shard cannons, but this was also not very promising. I saw another Cmdr destroying the Cyclops within 6 minutes with a Kraight MKII and with shard cannons, can not really say it worked for me the same way. I have some Videos on Twitch showing my attempts "https://www.twitch.tv/videos/460961346", most time I am occupied with the swarm and its not only one, in my last video I was fighting nearly the complete time to the respawing swarm again and again. That seems not the right strategy.... Maybe ignoring, I will try next with more heat sinks and thanks for all of your comments and advices. Btw my boost is 511 and my hull 3196, replaced decontamination limpets with hull reinforments, will do silent running against caustic damage, fly save, cu
I used gauss on the scouts for practice aiming and it was great for that purpose. I can hit a tiny target at full range. However, yes, in general if you want fast scout kills just go ax mc turret.

I've never gotten good with the flak cannon. I continue to try from time to time. I have been successful with the fighter distraction method.

I used them Flaks on my AX Anaconda. Boost away, turn and shoot. No FA involved. There is an window of opportunity to hit the swarm 2 times and maybe a third one if lucky while they have a pass on you.
Usually in 2 passes i can kill the swarm and get back to work on the Cyclops.

thanks for your comments and answers. Now I am at a point to give up with my Kraight MKII and a solo cyclops. I tried this for a month or so, latest configuration with 3900 hull, 3 gauss and 2 AX remote flak cannons. I was able to scratch the third heart of a cyclops, but thats it. I am too bad at all. Now I am going to my alternative plan and get my cutter. Lets see, not confident at all and loosing fun a bit..... fly save

If you are getting to the third heart then you have the process down.
I am noticing my fighter pilot not listening to my orders and she attacks the interceptor. That means I have to tank thargons more than I'd like. In my case I have a lot of hull. More than when I first took down Cyclops.
If its the flak trying to get the thargons, I tried again today and just didn't get anywhere.
I don't know your method of fighting but I find that letting the interceptor come to me is better than trying to chase it down.

Oh and they get weaker as you knock off hearts so you are really close.

Thanks for all you encouragements and ideas, but I am too bad. Last time scratched the last heart, but that was only luck. I am too bad pilot, do not hit the swarm, hit rate at 20% at max, heat sinks do not have any remarkable effect and always facing the swarm together with the cyclops. A lot I tried, exploded 4 times to 8 attempts, and it makes no fun anymore. I saw videos from pilots with the title "kraight MKII cyclops solo easy" - speachless about that, no way for me. Giving up on this. Fixed weapons are not mine.

Fixed weapons can be yours if you practice in the Krait, two turreted ax multicannons, two gauss. shoot scouts, the multis will chew them up, gauss hit is a bonus.
Thats how i learned fixed weapons, a scout is hard to hit.

o7

Fixed weapons can be yours if you practice in the Krait, two turreted ax multicannons, two gauss. shoot scouts, the multis will chew them up, gauss hit is a bonus.
Thats how i learned fixed weapons, a scout is hard to hit.

o7

this ^^

With the mention that i'm doing it in a Crusader with 1 large ax mc turret and 3 small gauss cannons.

I must admit I didn´t stop trying my Solo, but needed some rest and came back. Even equipped my Cutter and that was not more successful with the first attempts, but finally yesterday I killed the Cyclops with my Kraight MKII in a Solo. Needed nearly 20 min, 4196 hull, 609 BiWave Shields, lots of heatsinks, 4 Gauss Canons (grade2), 1 remote Flak. Survived with 11% hull, thats not much, but happy I made it. Going on now more relaxed, will do some more wings against Thargoids and test my Cutter more. Felling still no expert nor really skilled and thanks again for all your encourgement and advices.

I must admit I didn´t stop trying my Solo, but needed some rest and came back. Even equipped my Cutter and that was not more successful with the first attempts, but finally yesterday I killed the Cyclops with my Kraight MKII in a Solo. Needed nearly 20 min, 4196 hull, 609 BiWave Shields, lots of heatsinks, 4 Gauss Canons (grade2), 1 remote Flak. Survived with 11% hull, thats not much, but happy I made it. Going on now more relaxed, will do some more wings against Thargoids and test my Cutter more. Felling still no expert nor really skilled and thanks again for all your encourgement and advices.

Practice makes perfect👍
Welcome to the crew😃

o7

Brilliant, well done :cool: o7

Top Bottom