Two years today. Remember Salome - Text Cyphers

I'm assuming not, but considering the popularity of doctor who...

And isn't fenric from a mythology? I sounds so familiar. I might be thinking final fantasy. So, possibly not relevant.
You never know, Fenric could be a Doctor Who reference. (not likely, but you know how geeky some of these game devs can be).

About the Mythology:
Fenris was one of the three children of Loki in Norse mythology. The other two were Jormungandr, the World Serpent and Hel, Queen of the Dead. Fenris was a giant wolf who could not be slain. He started out as a little wolf pup, but kept getting bigger and bigger and more dangerous. Eventually, the gods decided to chain him up when he ate Tyr's arm. They tried the biggest and strongest chains they could find, but Fenris kept breaking them. The gods turned to the dwarves for help (the same ones who made Odin's spear and Thor's hammer) and the dwarves presented them with a single golden thread. The thread was made of incedibly powerful magical ingredients, and the gods were able to trick Fenris into tangling himself up in it, trapping him until ragnarok, when he is meant to be released.

Not really sute what bearing that has on the Dark Wheel, but many of the systems in the bubble are named after gods, Norse or otherwise.
You can read more about Fenris in any good Norse mythology book, I prefer the one by Neil Gaiman.

Might just be a coincidence, but if you fill in the spaces with letters, you can get "APREMONITION" or just "PREMONITION" out of it. (I used random letters just to change the way it shifted the text, because the spaces are not added in in the program i'm using)

I just filled all of the spaces with I in this one:
APEWARYTTRKSAHEDWSTELUSATUOMQTABULISINCUISIORINIFREBSCCAEECLRMATAONPIISMREREFCHINLTTAHAORIAPREMONITIONCOLIONTILAISORRERITEQUEDEUATXILEAIAMLTAAASERACOLNAHEOTRENSIEVAESTIRAISHREUIRSMSCOSIEINCHYKTAPPOCUERILMDIOUVEENMMTVILNIESLTMEHIAABDOTOOAIRDEXCIUSLOFTAUNFRPXGHAZUNIRAEKPIARHUNNIILUIDIAMACPWCDLIHSYUBDTNATPYEYEGA

Rebecca also seems closer.

between Prism, Premonition and Tionisla. I thought there was Altera, but if not, this was the string here: eferinchtaltorhaPriaonemioitolncnT
leaving this after excluding (but no Altera): eferinchtaltorhaiaolcn
I suppose to be nouns in the beginning of the ciphertext, so this have to be nouns either. Until "Riedquat" it seems to be that way. After that, there could be some kind of "real sentence" that is harder to find, but never, if we don't find all of the included nouns in the text.

Here is a nice site where you can enter the cipher text. It allows you to see the actual grid (which I find very useful) and it will still show the numbers in the text: Link.
On the grid you can see we are off one row on one column.

Good to see progress being made, but I’m puzzled by the references to Drew’s Oolite series of fan-fiction stories. They are definitely good reads, but in post 10 of this thread Drew confirmed “The clue on the blog relates to the image (which I posted a year ago, but no one seemed to spot). It's a sort of 'tidy up' the all the previous Salomé clues.” The Rebecca character did originate in the Oolite stories, but can’t see how this fits the Salomé story which he’s tidying up...🧐

So I decided to take some of the work others here have done Max, Ex Machina etc...

So before it is decoded there are capital letters in the following order, TCREAVRCHEICDDSRLHMAERCCMAGAHEWQIFRFLTRHCVEZPGTDMPTPOSSVDIKPP, so I decided to keep these as the beginnings of each word from the decrypted text.

Decoded words before any letter/word subtraction:
pettrysarkdwheelstatusmquobutasiliuincorsiifinbsreaecclrectamapionmriseferinchtaltorhapriaonemioitolncntioaislrreoiteruedquateilexiamataalseracolaahentreosienaesviratshriuiremscssieonchiktaypocperiumdiluveonmmeviltiesntmeliaahdotboaiodexriuscoftlunfapxgrazuhirankpuerhdanianuiclamhipwbcluadynestyadpgateway

Numbers: 7711778291904461406645

Tionisla
Club
Reorte
Exodus
A
V
Riedquat
Conflux
Hawkins Gap
E
I
C
Dark Wheel
Dynasty
Status
Reclamation
L
H
M
A
E
R
C
C
M
A
Gateway
A
H
E
Quo
I
F
Rift
F
L
Tapestry
R
H
C
V
E
Zurara
Premonition
T
D
M
Prism
T
P
O
S
S
V
D
I
K
P
P

Remaining Characters after the above words are extracted. Single letters from the undiscovered words above are not subtracted from the text:
mbutsiliuincorsiifinbsreaecceferinchtaltorhaiaolcueilexiamataalseracolaahentreosienaesviratshriuiremscssieonchtaypocperiumdiluveonmmeviltietmeliaahdotboaihinkpuerhdanianuiclamipedp

Might just be a coincidence, but if you fill in the spaces with letters, you can get "APREMONITION" or just "PREMONITION" out of it. (I used random letters just to change the way it shifted the text, because the spaces are not added in in the program i'm using)

I just filled all of the spaces with I in this one:
APEWARYTTRKSAHEDWSTELUSATUOMQTABULISINCUISIORINIFREBSCCAEECLRMATAONPIISMREREFCHINLTTAHAORIAPREMONITIONCOLIONTILAISORRERITEQUEDEUATXILEAIAMLTAAASERACOLNAHEOTRENSIEVAESTIRAISHREUIRSMSCOSIEINCHYKTAPPOCUERILMDIOUVEENMMTVILNIESLTMEHIAABDOTOOAIRDEXCIUSLOFTAUNFRPXGHAZUNIRAEKPIARHUNNIILUIDIAMACPWCDLIHSYUBDTNATPYEYEGA

Rebecca also seems closer.

You can also get reclamation and prism out of that. And incursion is basically right before it. One of the I's for reclamation is in the word prism potentially. Then refer and chin?! The R is in prism so maybe reef?
Something like colony, colonel, colonial, or something with an I is after premonition. And the roeroette system is after that. Most of the words previously found interestingly.

I doubt ape war is supposed to be in there. But you never know. 8)

You never know, Fenric could be a Doctor Who reference. (not likely, but you know how geeky some of these game devs can be).

About the Mythology:
Fenris was one of the three children of Loki in Norse mythology. The other two were Jormungandr, the World Serpent and Hel, Queen of the Dead. Fenris was a giant wolf who could not be slain. He started out as a little wolf pup, but kept getting bigger and bigger and more dangerous. Eventually, the gods decided to chain him up when he ate Tyr's arm. They tried the biggest and strongest chains they could find, but Fenris kept breaking them. The gods turned to the dwarves for help (the same ones who made Odin's spear and Thor's hammer) and the dwarves presented them with a single golden thread. The thread was made of incedibly powerful magical ingredients, and the gods were able to trick Fenris into tangling himself up in it, trapping him until ragnarok, when he is meant to be released.

Not really sute what bearing that has on the Dark Wheel, but many of the systems in the bubble are named after gods, Norse or otherwise.
You can read more about Fenris in any good Norse mythology book, I prefer the one by Neil Gaiman.

Doesn't that make fenris prometheus? Trapped for giving man the flame and being released for knowing how to stop the end of zues' reign.

There is also fenrir the wolf from Ragnarok. Although those seem to be the same thing potentially.

Also prometheus was the god of forethought, gave man theflame, and knew which son would overthrow zues as he overthrew chronos I think. Could be relevant in some way. Maybe indirectly though.

Last edited:
Okay then, my first post here. Please note that english is note my native language ;-)

I really like where the deciphering is going. Maybe some thoughts first so that I know if i'm on the right track. After the bruteforce attack of @Forceshild and @Max Bothin I saw many common words and I started to substract them from the original text like @ScolioTheMost did:

Rebecca
Reclamation
Premonition
Tionisla
Reorte
Riedquat
Dark Wheel
Dynasty
Gateway
Mutabilis
Incursio
Status Quo
Finis
Altera
Prism
Club
Zurara
Formidine Rift
Exodus
Hawkins Gap
Conflux
Oolite
Tapestry

This is left at the moment (no specific order):

77V1yh17E7ChncL8HseeMAeEes2ChClAxs9AcH19aEatalIran0LRtalehrierH4iiCorViemaoaEn4h6i1nTDeaMsoibalPmeiT4Poi0nariuuitScsai6SumpemunVitiDodioupaI6K4rnuaP5lte

I kept the number because I think they are part of the solution.

Now I'm stucked. I don't see another matching word. I tried some, e.g. Seven Veils or Children of Raxxla, but there are letters missing...

Last edited:
Firstly thank you Drew for confirming we are on the right track.

Secondly amazing work everyone especially the first to be on the right track.

Has anybody worked out what order the letters should have been in before decoding to make this work to see what the pattern is assuming there is one?

If the capitals are starts of words then do the numbers tell us the order to read the columns instead of a key word somehow?

I don't have the skill to test these.

This is with an I in the space of "w 1un"

PEWTRYTARKSWHEDLSTETUSAQUOMUTABILISINCURSIOFINISREBECCARECLAMATIONPRISMFERENCHIALTTRHAORIAPNEMOOITILNCOTIONISLAREORTERIEDQUATEULEXIAMAIAALTERASOLACHENAREOTIENSESVARATIHRISIREUSCSMIEOSCHINTAYKOCPPRIUEDILMVEOUMMENILTVESNIMELTAAHIOTBDAIOOEXRDUSCIFTLONFAUXGRPZUHARANIPUEKHDARIANNICLUMHIAWBCPIADLUESYNADTYATPGAYE

Got 6 words lined up and spelled correctly, at least. :unsure:
Edit: Noticed "TIONISLAREORTEREIDQUAT"
9 words altogether. I'm not familiar with all of the words used, so I'm having a little trouble spotting them.

Last edited:
This is with an I in the space of "w 1un"

PEWTRYTARKSWHEDLSTETUSAQUOMUTABILISINCURSIOFINISREBECCARECLAMATIONPRISMFERENCHIALTTRHAORIAPNEMOOITILNCOTIONISLAREORTERIEDQUATEULEXIAMAIAALTERASOLACHENAREOTIENSESVARATIHRISIREUSCSMIEOSCHINTAYKOCPPRIUEDILMVEOUMMENILTVESNIMELTAAHIOTBDAIOOEXRDUSCIFTLONFAUXGRPZUHARANIPUEKHDARIANNICLUMHIAWBCPIADLUESYNADTYATPGAYE

Got 6 words lined up and spelled correctly, at least. :unsure:
Edit: Noticed "TIONISLAREORTEREIDQUAT"
9 words altogether. I'm not familiar with all of the words used, so I'm having a little trouble spotting them.
Um, TIONISLAREORTERIEDQUAT ;)

And then there's:
SOLACHENAREOTIENSESVARATI =>
Sol
Achenar
Eotienses
Varati

Um, TIONISLAREORTERIEDQUAT ;)

And then there's:
SOLACHENAREOTIENSESVARATI =>
Sol
Achenar
Eotienses
Varati
I think I was typing too fast for the Riedquat part. :LOL:
I never would have noticed those other names other than Sol, but I would have brushed that off as coincidence at first. I really think those spaces are important in some way. :unsure:

ALTERA comes before SOL, is that a name of anything in Elite?

Edit: Altera's Eye is a point of interest. not sure if it's related since the "eye" is missing from it.

Last edited:
Hi,

I've been lurking for a bit but had nothing to contribute until now.

Thanks to all the previous posts about transposition cyphers, I have the solution. The boxentriq.com web solver seems to deal badly with spaces and numbers (they don't appear in the grid) so it's garbling the output, but it's the right approach.

It's taken me some playing about with line lengths and spacing to get the alignment, but it's actually simple.

First, just concatenate the words and split them into 4 lines:

eyketsoaicineccansrhT7aamtC7oloRqExalaAnonVt1iesoiypuloetnlhboRClarH17nEanlI7CDsDty
prrhSuutlnsiRcemoiecL8Hiein iseedteMArleEesaR2rCehaCiieMlseAtixstfGua 9udAcH19baEaa
ataWltQuiIrFseRairFna0rrnoLTiRtealaaeohrierH4isiCtordVmiemaoaEufnxZrP4h6iimw1unyGw
TsDeaMbsuoibaltPmeiT4oPoiO0nariuuiitScatsai6SumsnkpemunVitiDodioupaI6K4rnuaP5lytPe

You can now start to read words starting with capitals and going upwards. So let's transpose it, then add some spaces shifting the columns down, to make the words and phrases line up. These spaces are all in the middle of phrases.

Tape
stry
Dark
_Whe
elSt
atus
_Quo
Muta
bili
sInc
ursi
oFin
isRe
becc
aRec
lama
tion
Pris
mFer
ench
iaLT
T 87
40Ha
oria
Prem
onit
ionC
OL 7
0Tio
nisl
aReo
rteR
iedq
uatE
ulex
iaMa
iaAl
tera
SolA
chen
arEo
tien
sesV
arat
iHR
Siri
usCe
mies
sCho
ntai
koCy
prip
ediu
mVel
umMo
nile
Vest
imen
taAl
ioth
Daib
oExo
dusR
iftC
onfl
uxGa
pZur
araH
IP 1
Khun
46 E
rida
niAn
umcl
awHI
P 17
519C
lubD
ynas
tyED
PGat
eway

And the final list:

Tapestry
Dark Wheel
Status Quo
Mutabilis
Incursio
Finis
Rebecca
Reclamation
Prism
Ferenchia
LTT 8740
Haoria
Premonition
COL 70
Tionisla
Reorte
Riedquat
Eulexia
Maia
Altera
Sol
Achenar
Eotienses
Varati
HR 6421
Sirius
Cemiess
Chontaiko
Cypripedum
Velum
Monile
Vestimenta
Alioth
Daibo
Exodus
Rift
Conflux
Gap
Zurara
HIP 16497
Khun
46 Eridani
Anumclaw
HIP 17519
Club
Dynasty
EDP
Gateway

Thanks to everyone who's contributed to this thread, it's been fun following. And to Drew, of course.

Last edited:
Good eye. Knowing the solution now, I'm really surprised it took two years for somebody to solve it. :LOL:
I just started working on it about a month ago, so I didn't follow the whole story behind it. Not sure what the list indicates.
Is it just a list of names and systems associated with the Salomé story?
tdvws.jpg

• Like (+1)
Reactions: ASC
Top Bottom