It's Happened Again

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Again... someone is trying to undermine our PMF system by delivering biowaste to it, trying to cause the system to go into "outbreak". And other than the mind-numbing grinding of the BGS, which we (PMF members, although maybe most people too) all hate doing, we can't do anything about it. It is SO frustrating FDev!

We would like to be able to reliably confront our aggressors head-on, in person, in Open. But they are untouchable, hiding in Solo\PG.

The division of players into Open-Solo-PG is my single biggest gripe about this game and why I don't recommend it. I want to be able to directly confront (i.e., PvP) people who try to undermine our player made faction systems. I know there are other obstacles (ty p-2-p instancing, no cross-platform play), but those could be fixed along with the Open-vs-Solo thing.

FDev, I know you can come up with a good solution... something better than what the players can think up. Please do so.

Last edited:
Aye because biowaste is always my #1 choice for making a quick buck 🙄

Yeah, well, horses for courses. I’m out in Colonia, I shifted a bit because it was easy work for the mats they were offering in the rewards. It was an example. OP cant know for sure someone is purposely doing it in secret to undermine him, he can see the results of the transaction and only guess at the motivation. That was why I asked how he knows for sure.

Again... someone(s) is trying to undermine our PMF system by delivering biowaste to it, trying to cause the system to go into "outbreak". And other than the mind-numbing grinding of the BGS, which we (PMF members, although maybe most people too) all hate doing, we can't do anything about it. It is SO frustrating FDev!

We would like to be able to reliably confront our aggressors head-on, in person, in Open. But they are untouchable, hiding in Solo\PG.

The division of players into Open-Solo-PG is my single biggest gripe about this game and why I don't recommend it. I want to be able to directly confront (i.e., PvP) people who try to undermine our player made faction systems. I know there are other obstacles (poopooty p-2-p instancing, no cross-platform play), but those could be fixed along with the Open-vs-Solo thing.

FDev, I know you can come up with a good solution... something better than what the players can think up. Please do so.

So you know all about the issues, and yet still, you decide to ignore this and act like they are easily fixed....

So lets assume that all the issues have been "resolved", you can meet the others in PvP, to "defend" your system.... how would you think this would work out? And lets ignore that you are most likely not having players online to cover 24/7 and other time one related issues...

1. How do you know who the others are? would you just assuyme any unknown player is the enemy?

2. What do you think happens to the BGS if you keep on killing clean ships? So by doing what you suggests, would actually undermine your OWN faction. that is a great suggestion

I know that I would just love to spend some time and take my type 6 to your system and let you kill me... knowing that for every kill you did, your faction lost some influence... well atleast you saved your system from an Outbreak, but you also lost it in the same process.... Sounds like a GREAT plan to me... lets do it. where are you?

Yeah, well, horses for courses. I’m out in Colonia, I shifted a bit because it was easy work for the mats they were offering in the rewards. It was an example. OP cant know for sure someone is purposely doing it in secret to undermine him, he can see the results of the transaction and only guess at the motivation. That was why I asked how he knows for sure.

I agree with your point, I was just breaking your balls a little :)

Again... someone(s) is trying to undermine our PMF system by delivering biowaste to it, trying to cause the system to go into "outbreak". And other than the mind-numbing grinding of the BGS, which we (PMF members, although maybe most people too) all hate doing, we can't do anything about it. It is SO frustrating FDev!
Unfortunately, that is the nature of ED. I think you will probably find that the system itself is a natural end point for Bio Waste (Mission and/or Trading wise - c/f https://eddb.io/commodity/75) so your allegation about people deliberately trying to undermine your PMF may not be either fair nor accurate.

As has been pointed out many times, cries for ED to become Open Only are both unreasonable (for various reasons) and would not actually be a guaranteed solution due to numerous factors that do not guarantee any given individual will spawn with any other given individual - mode choice is neither the only nor the most significant factor. Where the BGS is concerned, FD have declared their commitment to it being kept mode agnostic numerous times and nothing has changed in that regard AFAIK.

Perhaps you (and anyone else in a similar position) would be better off asking for your PMF system to be changed to somewhere less likely to have Bio Waste delivered to. Other than that, perhaps you should just learn to live with it.

Last edited:
I can't imagine that they'll ever completely re-design this game to change it from the 'space adventure' game it is into a 'gang warfare, PVP arena' sort of game. I can understand that some people assume that MMO must equal gang warfare, but not for this one.

And with regard to the OP's problem; from my experience, ship in medicines from time to time and the outbreak chances from Biowaste missions will be much reduced.

The division of players into Open-Solo-PG is my single biggest gripe about this game ...

That's a shame because I think it's a brilliantly innovative feature which has led me to choose this game over many others. I've never seen such an economical solution to the need to provide different playstyles before. I'm sure it must have multiplied the player base and increased funding, thus giving us all a better game than we would otherwise have had. PvP and solo players need each other for this reason.

That's a shame because I think it's a brilliantly innovative feature which has led me to choose this game over many others. I've never seen such an economical solution to the need to provide different playstyles before. I'm sure it must have multiplied the player base and increased funding, thus giving us all a better game than we would otherwise have had. PvP and solo players need each other for this reason.
Personally, I think PvP has become a cancer in MMOs - not because of PvP specifically but because of apparent attitudes regarding how PvP should be forced on everyone regardless and how at least some seem to think ALL PvP behaviours are inherently fair play. The fundamental issue is that there are enough PvPers that do not know how to behave and I blame the likes of EvE and WOW for that.

Again... someone(s) is trying to undermine our PMF system by delivering biowaste to it, trying to cause the system to go into "outbreak".
This does not work.
Biowaste missions maybe, that effect is no longer directly visible iirc post 3.3, but you'll only ever get them to Agricultural economies. But general sale of biowaste does not cause outbreak.

And even if does, you can prevent it by sale of medicines per this, which has always been true... noting selling medicines will also improve your factions economy and influence. Killing other players will actually hurt your faction, per the bit about violent crimes.

Personally, outbreak state is great. It provides a more homogenous list of missions, increases the value of medicines and, overall, makes it easier to increase influence.

And, as re-iterated yet again in the most recent livestream, the BGS is there to provide a living, breathing universe which reacts to player actions. If you want to interact with that, use the mechanisms at your disposal, don't just see everything like a nail and think a hammer will fix it.

EDIT: Included the full chart.

Last edited:
I don’t deny this must be frustrating but how do you know they’re trying to undermine you? Maybe they’re just in solo, shifting product to earn credits.

We know who is doing it. They are bragging about it and rubbing in our face the fact that they are untouchable due to being in Solo/PG.

This is so lame FDev.

Wrong

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom