PvP I will never get tired of doing this

Powderpanic

Banned
A rapid fire mod for ECM could work too..

EMC is honestly pretty fine as it is, if it wasn't for the torps relocking and following until they run out of fuel!
Nothing wrong with a skill requirement to use something.. Oh wait.. this is ED.. Yes BUFF EMC!

Powerpanic
The Voice of Griefing

I fail to see the fun in this.
Waste of time for you because you need to dock and rearm
For him not so much, he can just reboot and have shields back or waste some time to dock and repair

pvp?

Powderpanic

Banned
For him not so much, he can just reboot and have shields back or waste some time to dock and repair

pvp?

Nope... there is a certain OP joy in Torps.

You hit your target, watch their OP as hell shields vanish, smash their FSD, Thrusters or powerplant.

Rebooting their shields won't work if they are being hit, its funny when they don't know this and just make taking out the powerplant even easier.

Then you just kill them or watch them combat log. ( usually the later )

The fun comes from their screeching on reddit or this forum about being harrassed and ganked.

Powerpanic
The Voice of Griefing

pvp?
Yep, generally the only thing to bring down a big3, by torping the shields and then take out drive, pp and/or thrusters.
Otherwise the hit pool is too big to prevent high waking against a reasonably competent pilot.

Also as powder says the panic reactions are hilarious, especially considering basic competence like taking a look at the loadout.
I would never assume NO reverb torps in PvP if I see torps in the enemies loadout.

Nope... there is a certain OP joy in Torps.

You hit your target, watch their OP as hell shields vanish ...

Yea, right. With the mention your story abruptly ends right at ...
In the OP's video the "enemy" disengaged right after torps hit and he safely waked out

Also as powder says the panic reactions are hilarious, especially considering basic competence like taking a look at the loadout.
I would never assume NO reverb torps in PvP if I see torps in the enemies loadout.

not in this case.
anyone competent will do what the "enemy" did and graciously get away.

I don't see anything overpowered about torpedoes and it does take a fair bit of skill to regularly land torpedoes against experienced pilots. I don't particularly like them, but that's largely because they are one-trick ponies (though it's a pretty good trick, sometimes).

If you are in a fast ship and screw up badly enough to get hit by torpedoes, you have no one to blame but yourself. If you are in a big ship that can't keep it together without shields...no one to blame but yourself.

The increase in durability on them to make them effectively immune to PDTs was made a necessity by the speed reduction from 400m/s to 250m/s they got around the same time. It's also the only thing that makes them useful in PvE piracy (a volley of reverb torpedoes fired at a large NPC ship can knock out it's shields, and it's PDTs, allowing the drives to be disabled much more easily).

How they react to ECM doesn't really bother me either. If ECMs destroyed them outright, that might be too easy, and causing them to loose target is usually plenty...especially since they don't automatically reaquired their original target (yes, I've shot myself with torpedoes).

I would definitely change them, if it were my call, but that would be to make them more broadly useful and less boring, but not weaker. I would probably make them dumbfires (or maybe manually guided) with a vastly higher velocity.

anyone competent will do what the "enemy" did and graciously get away.

Well, sometimes some of us get cocky thinking they are only fighting two CMDRs, so just repair our shield generators and keep on fighting until the second wing shows up to make our accumulated mistakes a little more clear:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyX8oPhgPZ8

Well, sometimes some of us get cocky thinking they are only fighting two CMDRs, so just repair our shield generators and keep on fighting until the second wing shows up to make our accumulated mistakes a little more clear:

Yeap, seen that before. Really entertaining to see the torpedo boat exploding 2(?) time and you also got the FDL. I assume in that period there was no cooldown on fsd disruption?
But anyway, that was a coordinated attack from a wing that was using a dedicated torpedo boat.
OP seems to be using the torps fer-da-lulz.

Would an equally skilled pilot with the same loadout, except using prismatic shields have survived?

I'd say no. He lost shields twice due to torpedoes and got them back only because of fast recovery of bi-weaves. If you lose the prismatics there are slim to none chances to get them up in the field.
...Or he would be survived since he would had wake away right after losing them in case of prismatics :)

Wow, Morbad, that is was one of the most entertaining Vette videos, ever. Beautiful piloting.

I made all sorts of mistakes, some quite costly, including accidentally moving an SCB to a different power priority, which allowed my thrusters to temporarily lose power later on.

And, of course, not leaving sooner.

Yeap, seen that before. Really entertaining to see the torpedo boat exploding 2(?) time

Three times. One near the beginning, one again in the middle (my beam turret and SLF got him while I was evading another volley of torpedoes), then I got him again just before I exploded.

assume in that period there was no cooldown on fsd disruption?

There was a cooldown on FSD disruption, but by the time I realized I was in a 5v1, my FSD was taking heavy damage and was malfunctioning. I tried to withdraw, but quickly realized it was a lost cause, so redeployed hardpoints, targeted the most fragile enemy (who I took with me), and went down fighting.

I'd say no. He lost shields twice due to torpedoes and got them back only because of fast recovery of bi-weaves. If you lose the prismatics there are slim to none chances to get them up in the field.
...Or he would be survived since he would had wake away right after losing them in case of prismatics :)

Pretty much.

Last edited:
EMC is honestly pretty fine as it is, if it wasn't for the torps relocking and following until they run out of fuel!
Nothing wrong with a skill requirement to use something.. Oh wait.. this is ED.. Yes BUFF EMC!
packhounds as 0 skill weapon with 300% damage increase over seekers and unlimited cheap synthesis is completely fine, right?

packhounds as 0 skill weapon with 300% damage increase over seekers and unlimited cheap synthesis is completely fine, right?
I understand your frustration with the borked balance, bugs, and many, many other things. However, I don't think sarcasm/negative joking will help our cause of bettering PvP. :)

Frankly, if some Carebears, due to the use of packhounds, healies, premium synthesis and seekers found the joy of obliteration and decided that PvP was fun, I would count that as a plus in an otherwise unfortunate situation.

There is an idea. Have an event where the most experienced PvPers in stock ships, would fight Carebears in grade 5 properly engineered PvP ships. Behold, a ganker is born!

amen

:)

Frankly, if some Carebears, due to the use of packhounds, healies, premium synthesis and seekers found the joy of obliteration and decided that PvP was fun, I would count that as a plus in an otherwise unfortunate situation.
I m usually against all of those mentioned used by cmdr's with thousands of hours in game so your point is completely invalid, i also doubt i start to cry if those players quit pvp at all, if those get deserved nerf. Funny is that nobody like to see that all of those have not much use outside pvp. As usual i vote for giving healing beams to npc's vettes and cutters along some quad hounds builds, just to enhance solo and PG players gameplay, it's non issue at all:)

Their downside is the crazy heat they generate when firing, and they also don't deal damage to modules that are not outside the hull.
Using more than 1 launcher also often causes them to explode before they have reached the target when the missiles collide with each other, which never happens with normal seekers because they don't fly like drunk bats.

Top Bottom