What will you use your carrier for?

I'd probably prefer a small fleet carrier for 1 large and 2 medium ships. That's about as much as I'd want to haul around. Lesser purchase and fuel cost too. Wishful thinking perhaps..

It could make it particularly easy to get the entire fleet to Colonia, without having to pay 1.5x the fleet cost in transfer fees.
I'm under the impression that fleet carriers will not be cheap, nor will they be particularly easy to move. You might be further ahead to just eat the transfer fees!

I also hope they have a limited capacity, like 16 ships at one time. Otherwise ED might as well give us unlimited ammo and cargo carrying capacity if physical size and mass no longer matter in this game...

I also hope they have a limited capacity, like 16 ships at one time. Otherwise ED might as well give us unlimited ammo and cargo carrying capacity if physical size and mass no longer matter in this game...
As I said, not nearly enough info yet. I also think that FD will monitor feedback and perhaps adjust some minor things before release.

I will try to crash my fleet carrier right into an other ones carrier and see what happens...

Go in to open and moor an indestructible ship in front of a station. ;)
Hopefully FD are considering all eventualities to prevent them being an issue.

I see nothing in the trailer that proves that carriers can move other than by jumping. They have their thrusters on, but that's all. That might just be to get up to full throttle for a hyperjump. If they could, wouldn't the trailer have shown it? It'd be a cool visual. It may be that you can only jump to a POI up to 500 ly away. They might do that with auto-pilot, so they do move but you've got no control over them apart from telling them where to go. If you can pilot them, then there are going to be [redacted] parking them in front of stations. There's solutions to that of course; maybe they're illegal inside the no-fire zone and can be destroyed with half an hour of the station's main guns firing at them.

Last edited:
check your Emails guys, but back to this post

we will check for the bar first, everything else will grow naturally

Hard to say what I would use it for without knowing all the details about how they work.

Also we don't know the cost of buying and running (grind involved in that).

I suppose it can be a private station in a system of my choice, just park it there and never move again.

Plan: One for each of my alts (I have a few!) And then I park them all in orbit around planets in a non colonised system and petition fdev to rename the system Central Klargia

We could have meet-ups like the petrol-head car fanatics do. Imagine even a few dozen carriers with custom paint-jobs all parked in a line.

They probably won't do doughnuts though.

I'd move it into Deep Space with a specific fleet of Ships and then combine Exploration with Mining.

• Explore a radius ~500LY all around it
  • go Mining in the best areas discovered and grab that as a Bonus
  • after an area is done, it's time to move on to the next spot

Yeah, and finally you can bring Eagles and other small ships for local exploration.
Interesting prospect that one would be able to really live a hermit life far away from anything. Also - with a 500ly jump range, a new tool to explore the fringes, isn't it?

I will use my Fleet Carrier to transport Elite Paper to the print rooms amongst the stars:

2B884A8E-F055-4E16-A682-49B285E81C9A.jpeg

I literally don't have a clue. I really don't even really know which one I really want yet. I don't even really know what they really do or how they really work.

Price not confirmed, so may not even get 1.. If there more than 2 billion full refit cost im out..
Fuel not confirmed, so even if I get one may never be able to jump it... As if it requires SRV use to get the fuel 2 items at a time. Its likely never going to happen if it require more than 50 items. 2 at a time.. you can forget it..

I can only imagine that the recipe for fuel, if it is synthesized, is based on cargo not materials. We need tonnes of the stuff to use the FSD, is would be screwy if a carrier could jump 500 ly on a few kilograms, no matter how exotic it is.

My plan:

Mining: bring the carrier to my mining system, with my Type 9 Miner doing the mining upon arrival. It returns to the carrier, I switch ships to a Cutter which can carry all the cargo and is much better suited to dash to the best station to sell the mined goods at. This will save me time in jumping and increase security.

Trading: move my carrier to a system with a great bulk trade route active. Hop off in my Cutter and trade. When the server tick hits, and that route moves 300LY away, just move the carrier there. Saves me a bit of time jumping. Also allows me to store my Corvette and Vulture for pew pew when trading bores me.

Not sure what use it will be for bounty hunting. For CV battles, again, it'll be faster to move the carrier than moving my Vette. Once the day is won, I can move the carrier back to where ever I wish to go next.

In effect, I'll spend less time travelling, and more time doing stuff, if things work out as I imagine. That's a pretty good improvement, imho. However, if the buy in cost or maintenance / fueling costs are too unbalanced on the high side, it may not make these plusses worth it. So....I hope I can use it this way, but it's TBD.

Mission-running at asteroid bases outside the Bubble (which usually don't have shipyards, and often don't have outfitting).

Top Bottom