Uplay+ released today

Ubisoft released their new UPlay+ game client and subscription service for the 30 day initial free trial today...so for the next month the entirety of Ubisoft's game library is free to play...worth it if there was one or two of those Assassin's Creed games you wanted to try but won't pay for them :)

I'm actually strangely excited about this. There are a couple games in Uplay I always wanted to try and Ubi has some strong lineup in the pipes at the moment. In fact, now that I think about it, more than half of the games I plan to play this and next year are from Ubisoft for some reason. :)

I'm actually strangely excited about this. There are a couple games in Uplay I always wanted to try and Ubi has some strong lineup in the pipes at the moment. In fact, now that I think about it, more than half of the games I plan to play this and next year are from Ubisoft for some reason. :)
I picked up AC Syndicate...which was the only AC title I didn't buy for some reason...Ultimate edition too with all the DLC like the rest of the titles on Uplay+. I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far.

I picked up AC Syndicate...which was the only AC title I didn't buy for some reason...Ultimate edition too with all the DLC like the rest of the titles on Uplay+. I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far.
Oh man, Syndicate is awesome. Until I played Odyssey, it was my favourite AC (Sorry, Ezio). Two protagonists that you can play and switch between, victorian London,... I think you'll like it.

I signed up quite a while ago...during E3 when they anounced it since I'm planning on playing Ghost Recon breakpoint as well as trying the upcoming Watchdogs legion which I strongly fancy. I didn't think much of the other 2 but this one looks pretty good.

Both of them are included in the UPlay+ subscription with 3 days early access, ultimate versions with season passes etc. I noticed Ubisoft have also reduced the price from the originally announced £14.99PM to £12.99PM. I've no doubt some sort of annual sub will be forthcoming with perhaps further savings.

I also do the Origin Access premiere sub as I've previously mentioned... which I like... and the Microsoft Gamepass Ultimate which ties in my Xbox live subscription and Xbox gamepass with the addition of PC gamepass with the 100 titles in their game vault on both platforms. One of the benefits of the Gamepass Ultimate sub being Metro Exodus is included free on PC and Xbox outside of the Epic store...unfortunately, I've already got it since I pre-ordered it from Steam long before Epic grabbed the exclusivity.

It seems a few of the big publishing houses are all offering a subscription service since E3. The way I look at it...I would have planned to buy at least one or two titles from each of them during the subscription period so money well spent in my case.

Hmm, the 'free' trial wants to take £1* from me, not sure if it's just testing my credit or will actually try and charge me, lovely and vague. Think I'll skip if for now if that's how they treat new customers. Might try later in the month - see if they get their act together.

VNXJJen.png

H1REz5s.png

* yeah, only £1, but it's the principal - if they can't get this right then I don't want them near my $$$

Hmm, the 'free' trial wants to take £1* from me, not sure if it's just testing my credit or will actually try and charge me, lovely and vague. Think I'll skip if for now if that's how they treat new customers. Might try later in the month - see if they get their act together.

VNXJJen.png

H1REz5s.png

* yeah, only £1, but it's the principal - if they can't get this right then I don't want them near my $$$
I did wonder about that...but they certainly haven't charged me anything after the sign up...

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
That a paypal commission maybe? Or similar?

In other news, downloading AC Odyssey is 90G... o_O

VNXJJen.png

H1REz5s.png

Yeah, and if you forget to unsubscribe before October 1st, you're charged for a month. And if you cancel before, apparently you lose access immediately, not at the end of September. You can always trust Ubi to have good ideas yet constantly find new ways to make them as obnoxious as possible. :D

And if you cancel before, apparently you lose access immediately, not at the end of September.
Wow - hadn't heard that one - was about to cancel so I don't forget, but will maybe hold off (y).

I always thought free trials should be showing 'look at all the stuff you can get, and how easy things are', but instead the experience so far is ... no thanks. Maybe it'll get better 🤣

Wow - hadn't heard that one - was about to cancel so I don't forget, but will maybe hold off (y).

I always thought free trials should be showing 'look at all the stuff you can get, and how easy things are', but instead the experience so far is ... no thanks. Maybe it'll get better 🤣

Yeah, you may want to double check as my source was just some discussions on reddit, but you probably want to keep it up and set yourself a reminder on sept 30 so you can decide whether to cancel or keep it going.

VNXJJen.png

H1REz5s.png

I did wonder about that...but they certainly haven't charged me anything after the sign up...
It's a card check.
Ebay and many auction servers do the same thing upon signup.

It's a free trial - that means that if you don't cancel it, it switches to payment model after 1 month, therefore they need to check if your credit card credentials are okay.
You should have the money refunded back within a couple hours, or upon cancelling the free trial.

As for the immediate termination when you cancel - well, duh. Reddit's gonna reddit.
With paid subscription, your access terminates when the period of time you've paid for expires. If you pay 12 quid for a month and cancel, your sub ends in a month.
If you've paid nothing (i.e free trial) your sub ends immediately.

People are really great at fabricating "problems"

Last edited:
Thank you for your valuable contribution.

I just can't can't resist an opportunity to express displeasure over the continued existence of Valve, Ubisoft, Epic, EA, Microsoft, or other purveyors of obnoxious DRM , annoying client applications, and the overall degradation of the PC gaming experience.

Some of the best games to come out recently have been from Ubisoft. The last couple Assassin's Creed game's were both stellar, and as a longtime fan of the Anno series, I'm pleased as punch with the latest release of Anno 1800.

Without Valve and other digital storefronts such as Ubisoft, PC gaming would have gone down the drain years ago. GoG stands pretty tall, admittedly, but would they have ever been as successful if Valve hadn't cleared the path? I doubt it.

Top Bottom