Frontier's Annual Results have been published (June 2018 to May 2019), showing a record year and Elite passing 3 million basegame sales

Along with all the really clear kickstarter disclaimers about how plans change and some things may or may not turn out to be possible. You need to read the whole thing to understand.

I understand that Frontier can't hide behind the terms and conditions of the KickStarter website when their reputation is at stake.

I presume the reason that Frontier have never KickStarted any of their other projects is that backers will not be so easily fooled a second time.

Hmm, not sure if you are weirdly optimistic about the longevity of a game, or worryingly pessimistic about your life expectancy...
LOL
I do occasionally play 15 or 20 years old games. Gothic for example is still one of the best RPGs ever made and I enjoy Medieval 2 more than any other Total War game.

I can agree with that.
Unfortunately time goes by and we are still waiting for the kickstarter promises, still unfulfilled
We already got planetary landings and executive control of very large ships is coming this year. If the leak is correct we'll get space legs next year. That's most of the Kickstarter promises. As long as they don't abandon development we'll also get atmospheric planets at some point since it's just the logical next big thing.
They never made us believe that all this stuff would be available just after release.

Don't ask the Doomsayers for theirs - it would not seem to be working....
AFAIK I have never said the game is doomed, and I have never questioned whether it was a success or not either.

However I have questioned whether the direction the game has gone in the last 3 years is the same as what was detailed back when backing the game.

I think it is reasonable to be able to voice certain dissapointments on certain design choices of the game without being labelled a doom monger.
Just my 2p.

Am happy FD are doing well and that ED is still making them money.
Whether that translates into future DLCs bringing ED closer to DBs original vision remains to be seen

Taking to the extreme and not to be taken literally candy crush also is successful and makes aot of money, it does not mean I want ED to have a candy crush dlc ;)

Last edited:
We already got planetary landings and executive control of very large ships is coming this year. If the leak is correct we'll get space legs next year. That's most of the Kickstarter promises. As long as they don't abandon development we'll also get atmospheric planets at some point since it's just the logical next big thing.
They never made us believe that all this stuff would be available just after release.
Promises is the wrong word however for me stuff like NPC crew with the RPG lite elements as well as the NPC wingmates and the complex dynamic economy along with more persistence in terms of NPC's are far more important than the big ticket expansions you list (some improvements in semi persistence with USSes have happened but I hope we get more)

If they come I will be happy as a pig in muck. I realise these are less sexy features which are harder to package in a dlc however I just hope they come along side other dlcz

Promises is the wrong word however for me stuff like NPC crew with the RPG lite elements as well as the NPC wingmates and the complex dynamic economy along with more persistence in terms of NPC's are far more important than the big ticket expansions you list (some improvements in semi persistence with USSes have happened but I hope we get more)

If they come I will be happy as a pig in muck. I realise these are less sexy features which are harder to package in a dlc however I just hope they come along side other dlcz
Last time they talked about NPC crew and wings they said it's still planned.

And that's all they ever do about NPC crew and wings, talk about it.

Still, never mind 2020 vision will cure all.
That's just one of the typical nonsense statements that have been made about exploration overhaul, mining overhaul and the better USS system. And basically everything else they've added to the game. Some people constantly claim FDEV would just talk about things and never implement them and as soon as they get implemented people forget that they asked for it and demand something else.

Top Bottom