No Artificial Gravity Proven- In Game Photo!

I have proof that there is no artificial gravity in Elite!

My screenshot:

gcHndSb.png

Please look at your own holo, and see if has the same feature.

Almost all cars have them, and a little bell sounds when you don't use them. :)

If you don't use them in your 8+ G fighter aircraft, you will be converted into a very nasty paste, all over the inside of your cockpit.

As you can see, my ugly form is looking for them too... :)

You don't need seat belts, the remlok suit is locked to the seat, just look at empty seat to see these mechanism.
About walking in ships:
Tiny electromagnetics are built into the soles of shoes to walk over ferromagnetic floors and walkways in ships. The suit has microthrusters for zero-G movement.

ref. Remlok Suits - ED wiki

Tiny electromagnetics? But that's madness!

That's a 5mb hard drive 60 years ago...
ibm-5mb-hard-drive-1.jpg

I think the description lacks of proper technical wording but it covers the basic concept that we can walk on the ship floor thanks to an artificial magnetic field generated between the boots and the floor. So no artificial gravity.

I think the description lacks of proper technical wording but it covers the basic concept that we can walk on the ship floor thanks to an artificial magnetic field generated between the boots and the floor. So no artificial gravity.
Yup, my point was just that some people might call it unrealistic how the Remlok Suite has such great functionality.
Well if I told someone 60 years ago that a SSD will have a million times more capacity while being 1/1000 of the size he would've told me that I am a mad man. Elite Dangerous takes place 1000 years in the future. Everything is possible.

But if your ship has artificial gravity at 1G for comfort, it is relative to the inside of your ship only... Unlike dogfighting IRL where rapid movement within the gravitic influence will have forces acting on bodies the gravity is local and its sphere of influence is wholly within the ship. Any movement of the ship does not move the relative gravity...

So your locally generated comfort is maintained regrdless of the attitude or velocity of your vehicle... (and possibly maintains comfort within the ship even in larger gravity fields?)

But if your ship has artificial gravity at 1G for comfort, it is relative to the inside of your ship only... Unlike dogfighting IRL where rapid movement within the gravitic influence will have forces acting on bodies the gravity is local and its sphere of influence is wholly within the ship. Any movement of the ship does not move the relative gravity...

So your locally generated comfort is maintained regrdless of the attitude or velocity of your vehicle... (and possibly maintains comfort within the ship even in larger gravity fields?)

Cmdrs can redout and blackout (albeit with a ridiculous tolerance) Bobble heads move violently as we perform various maneuvers. There is no 1g artificial gravity for comfort or inertial dampening. Just a lot of cmdrs with apparently no internal organs.

Also take a look at all the handles dotted around the bridges/cockpits. Definitely designed with zero g in mind, although I'd be willing to bet mag boots will appear if/when we have access to orbital outposts/installations and the rest of our ships

If it was electromagnets that attach us to our seat we would float away when being interdicted by Thargoids.
So my guess is the seat is directly connected to the outside of the ship, and the vacuum sucks us to the seat. 🙄

Seat belts obviously wouldn't work, because at 40xg the belt would cut through our bodies like a hot knife through butter.
Instead to keep out bubbly insides in place and in the proper shape, the whole suit has to be kept in place.

Breaking News: September update patch notes snippet:

" - Game Engine can now correctly render Velcro."

At least we don't have to "Hold 'x' to clench" while flying... :)

A proper four point harness would be a nice visual touch I guess, as would a degree of blackout / redout maybe. My old flight sim muscle memory means I rarely dive, but rather rotate and pull up.

Scoob.

My screenshot:

gcHndSb.png

If you don't use them in your 8+ G fighter aircraft, you will be converted into a very nasty paste, all over the inside of your cockpit.

I think you accidentally wrote: "no artificial gravity", when you meant to write: "no seatbelt".
Your topic has nothing to do with artificial gravity. In fact, it only does more to confirm that there is artificial gravity, for two reasons:
If we're to assume that the flight suit has no locking mechanism, you'd need artificial gravity to stay in the chair.
if the artificial gravity sheilded the pilot from external gravitational forces, and it was in the reference frame of your own moving ship, much of the G-forces would also be mitigated.

Gravity is only one of the forces acting on your body. Inertia is another one. Maneuvering a spaceship/aicraft/car whatever your body is stressed by inertia, and gravity is just an addition to it.
A quick example is the USS. There's still Earth's gravity at that altitude, but it's balanced by the centrifugal force of the orbital flight, so the no gravity condition is actually artificial.

I think you accidentally wrote: "no artificial gravity", when you meant to write: "no seatbelt".
Your topic has nothing to do with artificial gravity. In fact, it only does more to confirm that there is artificial gravity, for two reasons:
If we're to assume that the flight suit has no locking mechanism, you'd need artificial gravity to stay in the chair.
if the artificial gravity sheilded the pilot from external gravitational forces, and it was in the reference frame of your own moving ship, much of the G-forces would also be mitigated.
It has a locking mechanism.
Anyway, the OP was sarcasm... ;)

with the accelerations we see in the game, seat belts or any other physical restraints are pointless . there must be "inertial dampener" system like in Start Trek.
Otherwise, even if the clips hold you in your suit, and your head was braced you would still be turned into pulp, your pulp would just be contained in a spaceman shaped bag.

We know without a doubt there are no inertial dampeners (that goes with no artificial gravity), and yet we evidently don't turn into pulp. So you either have to accept that the game takes some artistic license for the sake of gameplay, our you have to accept that humans in 3300 are a lot more resistant.

My screenshot:

gcHndSb.png

what am i lookin at here? what "feature?" To be honest i never really thought about how the CMDR stays in his seat with no belts or whatever. Frankly, i was content keeping it along the same lines of logic as whatever makes Xwings and Tie Fighters fly around space like biplanes (certainly not Flight Assist)

We are plugged in and it's not real!! That's not screen tearing... it's a glitch!! Don't take the blue pill!! Immmeeeersion!
dont take the plue pill? Sounds good to me, i've always wanted to be part of the last human resistance against the machines...

Last edited:
Top Bottom