What other games are we all playing?

What do you folks think of Space Engineers? Also, which X game is the best - is it the X3 game? I've got a new Steam account burning a hole in my pocket!

Speaking of, I might be buying Skyrim again (I already own PS3, PS4 remastered, and PC vanilla), just so I can use all these cool mods! Nuts.

What do you folks think of Space Engineers? Also, which X game is the best - is it the X3 game? I've got a new Steam account burning a hole in my pocket!

Speaking of, I might be buying Skyrim again (I already own PS3, PS4 remastered, and PC vanilla), just so I can use all these cool mods! Nuts.
X3 Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude together form pure X awesomeness.

Space Engineers: Building block game. Programmable. But the best thing is that you can design particle accelerators by using gravity generators. Not intended, but it's the stuff good sandboxes are made of. No lava tho. :(

And that's a good thing, right? Nothing good ever comes from the presence of lava.
:LOL:
That's one of the things I adore about Survival Minecraft: the ever present danger lurking behind it's seemingly harmless facade. When you get right down to it, the game is flat out deadly, as my recent misadventure with lava and turning myself into a human torch demonstrates. I really enjoy the extra zest that you get when every move you make has serious consequences. Probably wouldn't even bother playing Creative tbh.

I've gotten bored by being limited to a lance of only four mechs in the resent Battletech game, so I looked around on my HD and, I foud something there:
I have dug out "Star Wars Glactic Battlegrounds"!

It's pretty old, from 2002, and you can get it on steam in a Star Wars Bundle. So far, I think it's a pretty neat RTS game, based on the AOE enigne taken to the space age. It has a good deal of base building, four types of ressources, five if you count population and also a quite diverse research tree.

There are six singleplayer campaigns and there is a skirmish mode.

Each singleplayer campagin let's you play as a different faction:
  • Trade Federation
  • Gungans
  • The Empire
  • The Rebels
  • Wookie
  • Confederacy
  • Republic
and only in skirmish:
  • Naboo
This one has a really nice feeling to it. I am not that RTS gamer, only played a bit of Dune2 back then, the Warhammer games, Battle for Middlearth, and if you count "They are billions" - but hey this one is Star Wars! And it has this nostalgic RTS feeling to it.

Last edited:
Downloaded AC Syndicate from Uplay+...really enjoying getting back to the old combat and stealth mechanic that sadly ended with the introduction of Origins and Odyssey. Also downloaded the Division 2...which lasted all of 30 minutes into the game before I uninstalled it :rolleyes:

I've been playing this "game" called Vortex, the program for NexusMods. Holy freaking cow that's addictive! Unfortunately a lot of the mods require SSE, and I only have vanilla Skyrim on PC. I'm waiting for SSE to go on sale, despite already having bought it for PS4 awhile back.

ps - I'm not doing this because I'm bored with ED, but rather I just wanted to see what Skyrim could look like on this PC. Nobody warned me that it would be such an addictive drug!

I started playing Titanfall 2 single player campaign a few days ago. I am very anti EA, but I was able to acquire the complete edition for under 3 euros :D.
It is a nice game. I like the concept of being able to use a cool mech. I would love to traverse planets in Elite with a machine like that.
The mech system in this game would be awesome in an open world setting. Truly, truly awesome. FDev, if you read this: Make it so.

The levels in Titanfall 2 are beautiful and convincing. Story is good too, good world building. The feel of the weapons is good.
All in all an enjoyable game.

I just wanted to see what Skyrim could look like on this PC. Nobody warned me that it would be such an addictive drug!

Don't bother with Oldrim, just buy SE. Why? Because all the cool mods are on SE now, PLUS if you decide to go VR, you'll have a working setup (VR is SE). If you can't buy SE now, hold on with modding. Skyrim modding is actually what kept me from even moving past the starting area lol :) I had almost 200 mods on Flatrim, and scrapped all that for VR version anyway :)

As to "how can skyrim look on PC", hoo boy, if your hardware is up to snuff, you're in for a treat (and this is one of many videos out there):
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28K1vJMCGf8

Top Bottom