codex scan for beacon

i know how to activate beacons and have returned to get a coded entry, but how do i get a codex entry? i don’t mean the key i can get that, i mean the codex entry

Composition scanner as usual for codex entries
Is this the SOP for all possible Codex entries? I ask because I tried using the Composition Scanner on some Brain Trees and the growths some of them sported, but they did not scan. My Codex>Discoveries panel lists "Reported" bio items like Braintrees but I have yet to find any documentation on reporting such.

Is this the SOP for all possible Codex entries? I ask because I tried using the Composition Scanner on some Brain Trees and the growths some of them sported, but they did not scan. My Codex>Discoveries panel lists "Reported" bio items like Braintrees but I have yet to find any documentation on reporting such.
My SOP is literally every available scanner (even D-Scanner on ships) on the one fire group, faceplant the thing and scan at point blank.

You might not have been in range, and for the composition scanner you also need to have your reticle on the target, not just near it (like when using most scanners).

My SOP is literally every available scanner (even D-Scanner on ships) on the one fire group, faceplant the thing and scan at point blank.

You might not have been in range, and for the composition scanner you also need to have your reticle on the target, not just near it (like when using most scanners).
I would call 10m or less near enough, no? I mean, braintrees are not hard to approach. The reticle was dead centered, how not at that range? But no scan occurred when I triggered the Compo Scanner, as if there was nothing to scan. I even jiggered my Fire Groups to try both triggering options, but no go. C'est la vie.

make sure in several you are in turret view, the lock on the normal view isn’t good and check your fire groups comp scanner not datalink

make sure in several you are in turret view, the lock on the normal view isn’t good and check your fire groups comp scanner not datalink
I always use the turret to scan things like this, learned that on the Ram Tah mission. And of course I am using the Composition Scanner, it's really the only time I have used it, it seems to be rather useless for me so far.

I would call 10m or less near enough, no? I mean, braintrees are not hard to approach. The reticle was dead centered, how not at that range? But no scan occurred when I triggered the Compo Scanner, as if there was nothing to scan. I even jiggered my Fire Groups to try both triggering options, but no go. C'est la vie.
Without a video, I can only speculate further... but I'll reiterate the bit I said before about needing to have the reticle on the target, not near it. If your reticle was "dead center" like you say, on a set of braintrees like this:

... then there's a good change your reticle isn't on the braintree, rather it's on the gap between it's branches. You mentioned scanning Guardian things before with the compo scanner... generally the design of those objects, because they're solid blocks usually, mean a center reticle will be on the target.

EDIT: I've added a green and red mark to the braintree.. green is an example of where it will scan, red is where it won't. This tripped me up the first few times I tried scanning a braintree. If you're on the target like above and it's still not scanning, yeah, would have to see a video to try and help further.

Attachments

• 1568583478136.png
    1568583478136.png
    897.9 KB · Views: 244
Without a video, I can only speculate further... but I'll reiterate the bit I said before about needing to have the reticle on the target, not near it. If your reticle was "dead center" like you say, on a set of braintrees like this:

View attachment 143067

... then there's a good change your reticle isn't on the braintree, rather it's on the gap between it's branches. You mentioned scanning Guardian things before with the compo scanner... generally the design of those objects, because they're solid blocks usually, mean a center reticle will be on the target.

EDIT: I've added a green and red mark to the braintree.. green is an example of where it will scan, red is where it won't. This tripped me up the first few times I tried scanning a braintree. If you're on the target like above and it's still not scanning, yeah, would have to see a video to try and help further.
<cough> https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/2169

Thanks Factabulous, I hadn't found that back-up. RE: The reticle -- it was on the BT trunk, I'm not really dumb enough to scan open air.

I got codex entries for all guardian and thargoid entries in inner Orion spur, now I am completing the stars, I arrived an o star system, discovery scanned, FSS complete but no codex entry for main star, what am I doing wrong?

Top Bottom