Player contact on your radar: what's your quick take based on the ship info? (survey with a skin up for grabs)

o7 commanders,

I'm curious to see the level of agreement among the community about how they assess a player contact on their radar just using the ship info.

"Ignoring the loadout, when you see [insert ship name] in open, you immediately think of [category] and expect [PvP / no-PvP / mixed] interactions."

I made a form to collect your quick assessment for each ship
In the form, you can leave your commander name and a mean of contact to enter a draw and win a skin.

I'll share back the insights with the community after receiving enough responses.

Thanks in advance!

Done.

Some are fairly easily categorised, but others depend on the situation; e.g.

FDL or Mamba I expect trouble whatever the situation

DBS at a CG could be trouble, DBS in a ring system is probably bounty hunting

As far as likelihood to initiate hostile interactions I look at the ship name, Cmdr name & avatar for a more reliable indication than simply ship type. Where they are relative to me and the direction they are pointing would be secondary information. Ship type only determines the potential threat level, I mostly base it on the potential boost speed of the ship compared to whatever I'm in.

I don't think it's ever happened to me but if I were chased by a player in a Hauler (an example of a low DPS ship) I'd be assuming they have friends incoming (ie that it was potentially a trap).

If I see another player on radar then regardless of name the question is:
What the hell is someone else doing here and how are they in my solo?
A lot of disapproving muttering follows.
Not much a fan of logging into or even making an account with google to do a thing though

o7 commanders,
[...]
In the form, you can leave your commander name and a mean of contact to enter a draw and win a skin.
[...]

What kind of skin do you give away? Snake skin? I hope it's legal. You know: You got to respect wildlife.

Maybe I'll contact customs on this...

I don't judge non consensual PvP threat based on ship type, but rather Cmdr's name, holo-me and name of the ship.
Players who play for pew-pew only, tend to show how much they don't treat anything else seriously in those areas.

Wait a moment... are you telling me that CMDR xX 420Sn1perBLAZE1T Xx of the good ship USS Salt Train probably wants to attack me?!

YOU PREJUDICED JERK!

I am a littel confused about the form too, do miners and pirates count as multi-role or other? Also I would like to be able to multi-check some ships...

I ain't got time for no form. When a player shows on the radar, I check what ship they are flying (is it a threat), what level player they are (harmless vs. elite), their ship and squadron name (I appreciate that there is a "GANK" Squadron that clearly identifies intention), and the pilot's avatar - I do not trust anyone with purple hair!

I am a littel confused about the form too, do miners and pirates count as multi-role or other? Also I would like to be able to multi-check some ships...

Multi check for some ships: multi-role
Miners, pirates: other plus details in the free form field.

Thanks!

So I found that most transports can as well be miners, I still marked them as transport and not as multi-role. Pirates go as multi-role, because every pirate-ship also can be a combat ship, a transport ship or miner.

Regarding PvP I assumed that you mean one on one, all-out-open pvp, all engineers, everything goes. Still smaller ships can pvp if they chose the right prey, but they get less probatility for pvp, because they have a smaller number of possible targets...

I didn't find a single exploration or passanger only ship, every ship can do something else instead of exploring or tourist guiding, and therefore can be multirole :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom