Horizons NPC pilots interdicting TOO MUCH

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Frontier,

I really fail to realize why there has to be soooooooooo many NPC pilots interdicting me in solo mode no matter what system I'm in. Or really if this is even that necessary at all. Isn't it enough that actual players can interdict me? It's a very annoying mechanic in the game and slows me down from doing more interesting things as I will eventually run away from the attacker anyway before I get even close to dying. I just spool up FSD and leave the fight 100% of the time, even in a sidewinder. It's just a waste of time...

Please take away NPC interdictions, or make it happen 80-90% less... especially in solo/private group mode. : /

-Aramus

Frontier,

I really fail to realize why there has to be soooooooooo many NPC pilots interdicting me in solo mode no matter what system I'm in. Or really if this is even that necessary at all. Isn't it enough that actual players can interdict me? It's a very annoying mechanic in the game and slows me down from doing more interesting things as I will eventually run away from the attacker anyway before I get even close to dying. I just spool up FSD and leave the fight 100% of the time, even in a sidewinder. It's just a waste of time...

Please take away NPC interdictions, or make it happen 80-90% less... especially in solo/private group mode. : /

-Aramus

What missions are you taking?

Certain missions come with basically guaranteed interdictions. That's part of the mission. If the mission tells you that you have a chance to be attacked, you better believe you're going to be interdicted.

The only times I got interdicted in several hours of play tonight happened when I was carrying one or more of those missions.

For the record, those are my among favorite missions right now, too, so I would strongly prefer FD not change them.

I'm not doing a mission. I'm just trying to fly to a moon and have no active missions and just trying to explore. Stupid NPC's interdicting me for no reason is just wasting my time and taking away from my game play.

Just today I wanted to fly to a moon to try out a planet landing and had to deal with two interdictions before I even got to the moon. I was on no mission or anything and on solo mode. It's just a waste of my time. I can easily destroy the guy if I wanted, but it's such a waste of time really. Fight some NPC for 10 minutes or run? Both takes too long... I just don't see the point lol.

Last edited:
I'm not doing a mission. I'm just trying to fly to a moon and have no active missions and just trying to explore. Stupid NPC's interdicting me for no reason is just wasting my time and taking away from my game play.

Just today I wanted to fly to a moon to try out a planet landing and had to deal with two interdictions before I even got to the moon. I was on no mission or anything and on solo mode. It's just a waste of my time. I can easily destroy the guy if I wanted, but it's such a waste of time really. Fight some NPC for 10 minutes or run? Both takes too long... I just don't see the point lol.

Are you pledged to a power?

Yeah I believe so. Is that why? I've joined some faction so NPCs try to kill me all the time when I'm just flying around doing nothing?

Last edited:
Yeah I believe so. Is that why? I've joined some faction so NPCs try to kill me all the time when I'm just flying around doing nothing?

Yes, it is. They will stop you because they don't like you. Remove the pledge, problem solved.

Edit: and players will try to kill you too, just fyi.

Last edited:
ALso being in a low security or all independent system will earn you a lot of interdictions. I generally stick with systems that have federation presence.

been playing the game this morning for about 3/4 of an hour and I have been interdicted 8 times 3 of which was in the space of 5 mins near a outpost I was carrying fruit worth about 8,00 credits I have no fines no pledge no weapons good shields and a fast ship I always get away with some minor damage but I am very :):):):):):) off with it the interdiction is killing the game you should change the name to Elite Interdiction its like getting pulled by the police going round the corner getting pulled up by the police going around the next corner getting pulled up by the police wouldn't that be fun "NOT" .

Change the Interdiction before you kill the game David

I find if you're not pledged in powerplay the frequency of first occurrence is OK but the major annoyances for me otoh are:

1) multiple repeat interdictions even though you submitted and ran - especially frustrating when in canopy breach
2) interdictions within 1 Ls of target that then pull you back to repeating the deceleration process from scratch (combined with multiple repeats)
3) persistent npcs turning up in the middle of another normal space encounter
4) level scaling

you get interdicted by capitol ships or so? 10min lol

I mean maybe I'm being interdicted more because of powerplay, but even before there was powerplay I was interdicted too much. It's really quite silly for there to be so many NPCs interdicting you all the time.. it's not fun at all as they are doing it regardless of if my cargo is empty or what ship I'm in. I'm OK with players doing it, but I'm in solo mode... obviously I don't want to be bothered by anyone interdicting me all the time. If it is a necessary thing for the game that we have to experience please turn down the volume by alot please.

And you know if you think about it.. why would some random pirate in space all by himself interdict someone that is a match or more than a match for his ship? Dude would have to be an absolute idiot lol. Let the freighters get interdicted.. that makes sense. People on missions where it is a part of it sure.. that's fine. But I don't see what is the point of pulling over my heavily armed ship just so I can decide whether I want to waste time killing a NPC or just wait till my FSD cools down so I can continue doing what I was originally trying to do. It seems the interdiction also seems to happen right as I am just about to get close to my destination too which is even more annoying.

It is likely you all have bounties, and thus are being pursued by NPC bounty hunters. They will hunt you across many systems and outside the bubble (as my first shortened exploration trip will attest to). It doesn’t matter whether you are even in a system owned by the bounty issuing faction!

It is likely you all have bounties, and thus are being pursued by NPC bounty hunters. They will hunt you across many systems and outside the bubble (as my first shortened exploration trip will attest to). It doesn’t matter whether you are even in a system owned by the bounty issuing faction!
Hopefully one day the developers add engineering. That would be sweet.

thisIsJustHereToAnnoyYouByHavingYouWasteYourTimeReadingThis

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom