News Community Update (27/09)

Thanks Will! I’d still like to see the store icon removed entirely from the main station screen, but the change from blue to orange is a step in the right direction. Glad to see more fixes coming next week. Finally, I really hope we get a beta for the December update so we can avoid a lot of this needless pain. Thanks again and looking forward to the fixes next week!

Fixed that for you, only took me 20 seconds with my crappy paint skills.
Should've been this.

Station Services - Livery > Holo-me > Store
Jpeg.jpg

Great. No fix for the "Press [abc] or [" issue, but that one may be a tad harder to solve than the store icon, and have a somewhat lower priority than the VPN issue.

Now, where did I put my old avatar...

It's a start i guess, certainly a step in the right direction. Any chance of looking at the keyboard lockup that happens when doing missions if you access the left mfd (1 key)? Had to restart my game about a dozen times this morning. Came with the April patch btw. When not doing missions, all works fine.

In addition to this patch, we've made some changes to the in-game Store following the feedback you've shared with us:
  • The Store icon located in Station Services will be changed blue to orange to fit in line with the other UI elements.
  • We're also going to rearrange the positioning of the icon and various buttons on the main menu:
    • Station Services - Livery > Holo-me > Store
    • Main Menu - Livery > Buy Expansions > Store > Buy ARX

View attachment 144832
I know this is a small thing, but I'm really impressed that Frontier listened to the community feedback and made these changes. Seriously, good job!

I can live with the Store button being Orange, I'd rather see it not at all in the Station Menu but this will do.
Thanks for fixing this on such short notice!

Still I don't see the performance issue mentioned on the Xbox, Screen Tearing.
This is what keeps me from playing and imho I'm not the only one.
I guess I won't be playing for another week or longer then.

So anti-Blue Store Icon crowd actually won? Woah. Considering the world we live in, that was unexpected. Kudos to FD for that decision.

Speaking of which.... Red CQC Rank. It's time to do something about it.
The point was that they remove it altogether.
Theres enough places that ask for my money in a 60$ game.

But its half a step in the right direction.
Plus , bugfixes, finally.

Great to read this Will...last weeks must have been intense for the comm & bug fixes team working on ED.

Always good to see that you are listening to our feedbacks (ARX store button + menu organisation).

Also very eager to get more information about the next Interstellar Initiative :)

o7

Still I don't see the performance issue mentioned on the Xbox, Screen Tearing.
This is what keeps me from playing and imho I'm not the only one.
I guess I won't be playing for another week or longer then.
Read the notes a little more thoroughly. Will mentions that the above points only cover some of the fixes in the upcoming patch. If your needs are not mentioned in next weeks patch notes then you might have more cause to complain.

Hello Commanders,

We wanted to take a moment to thank the community for all of the feedback that has been shared with us, following the launch of the September Update. We hear your frustrations and are hard at work on rolling another patch to address some of those issues to improve your current Elite Dangerous experience.

With the help of your feedback and bug reports, we're going to be introducing a number of fixes next week. For those that might have missed it, we've collated together some of the steps we've already taken to resolve issues you might be facing:
  • We've identified a list of Known Issues and some of these have already been resolved in server side fixes and September Update - Patch 1. As this is not an exhaustive list of all the reports you've sent our way, we're still continuing to investigate and resolve as many issues as we can. If you've encountered a bug or issue, please make sure to report it to us via the Issue Tracker.

• A number of Game Extras will continue to be released, so if there's something familiar missing from the Store, rest assured it will arrive soon.

• VPN connectivity
    • We're still looking into what is causing connectivity issues for VPN users. We've updated the VPN workaround that we posted on the 24 September. Please try the following steps to resolve the issue:
      • Locate the IP address used by your VPN.
      • Next:
        • (Steam) Navigate to the folder here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64\
        • (Standalone): Navigate to the folder here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Frontier\Products\elite-dangerous-64\
      • You should see a file named 'appconfig.xml'
      • Open this with a text editor such as Notepad and scroll down to the bottom, where you should see a Network section.
      • Add the following line (replacing 'xx.xxx.xxx.xx' with your VPN's IP) <UseNic>xxx.xx.x.x</UseNic>
      • The final result should look similar to this:
        <Network Port="0"
        upnpenabled="1"
        LogFile="netLog"
        PingTime="27"
        MaxUpRate="250000"
        DatestampLog="1"
        SendCompressedIDs="0"

<UseNic>xxx.xx.x.x</UseNic>
        </Network>
      • Don't amend any of the other sections as they'll have been configured for your standard usage already.
      • Save the file in the same location.
September Update - Patch 2

Next week, we'll be introducing a second corrective patch, which will include a number of fixes for various issues. We've highlighted just some of the fixes below, namely those reported through Issue Tracker (and some of the top voted issues) below:
  • Crashes/Stability
    • Fixed a softlock that could occur when trading materials at a material trader
  • Diamondback Explorer
    • Fixed mismatched Paint Jobs for the Diamondback Explorer
  • Interdiction
    • Fixed an issue where interdiction wouldn't end after the player submitted
  • Outfitting
    • Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect weapon mounts to be displayed (fixed weapons showing as gimballed, for example)
  • Rendering
    • Fixed an issue that caused stars in the night sky to disappear (creating, in some cases, 'hard edges')
  • Ship HUD
    • Corrected the schematic of a targeted starport to match its actual orientation
    • Fixed an issue that made ship modules appear twice in the module tab after swapping to a different ship
  • Weapons
    • Fixed Enforcer Canons not being able to be restocked through synthesis
In addition to this patch, we've made some changes to the in-game Store following the feedback you've shared with us:
  • The Store icon located in Station Services will be changed blue to orange to fit in line with the other UI elements.
  • We're also going to rearrange the positioning of the icon and various buttons on the main menu:

View attachment 144832
We'll provide a time and date, as well as the full Patch Notes, for the September Update - Patch 2 next week.

See you in the black, Commanders.

excellent, fdev, excellent! it seems a cold shower in the form of negative comments and criticism made itself felt! keep up the good work :)

Hello Commanders,

We wanted to take a moment to thank the community for all of the feedback that has been shared with us, following the launch of the September Update. We hear your frustrations and are hard at work on rolling another patch to address some of those issues to improve your current Elite Dangerous experience.

With the help of your feedback and bug reports, we're going to be introducing a number of fixes next week. For those that might have missed it, we've collated together some of the steps we've already taken to resolve issues you might be facing:
  • We've identified a list of Known Issues and some of these have already been resolved in server side fixes and September Update - Patch 1. As this is not an exhaustive list of all the reports you've sent our way, we're still continuing to investigate and resolve as many issues as we can. If you've encountered a bug or issue, please make sure to report it to us via the Issue Tracker.

• A number of Game Extras will continue to be released, so if there's something familiar missing from the Store, rest assured it will arrive soon.

• VPN connectivity
    • We're still looking into what is causing connectivity issues for VPN users. We've updated the VPN workaround that we posted on the 24 September. Please try the following steps to resolve the issue:
      • Locate the IP address used by your VPN.
      • Next:
        • (Steam) Navigate to the folder here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64\
        • (Standalone): Navigate to the folder here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Frontier\Products\elite-dangerous-64\
      • You should see a file named 'appconfig.xml'
      • Open this with a text editor such as Notepad and scroll down to the bottom, where you should see a Network section.
      • Add the following line (replacing 'xx.xxx.xxx.xx' with your VPN's IP) <UseNic>xxx.xx.x.x</UseNic>
      • The final result should look similar to this:
        <Network Port="0"
        upnpenabled="1"
        LogFile="netLog"
        PingTime="27"
        MaxUpRate="250000"
        DatestampLog="1"
        SendCompressedIDs="0"

<UseNic>xxx.xx.x.x</UseNic>
        </Network>
      • Don't amend any of the other sections as they'll have been configured for your standard usage already.
      • Save the file in the same location.
September Update - Patch 2

Next week, we'll be introducing a second corrective patch, which will include a number of fixes for various issues. We've highlighted just some of the fixes below, namely those reported through Issue Tracker (and some of the top voted issues) below:
  • Crashes/Stability
    • Fixed a softlock that could occur when trading materials at a material trader
  • Diamondback Explorer
    • Fixed mismatched Paint Jobs for the Diamondback Explorer
  • Interdiction
    • Fixed an issue where interdiction wouldn't end after the player submitted
  • Outfitting
    • Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect weapon mounts to be displayed (fixed weapons showing as gimballed, for example)
  • Rendering
    • Fixed an issue that caused stars in the night sky to disappear (creating, in some cases, 'hard edges')
  • Ship HUD
    • Corrected the schematic of a targeted starport to match its actual orientation
    • Fixed an issue that made ship modules appear twice in the module tab after swapping to a different ship
  • Weapons
    • Fixed Enforcer Canons not being able to be restocked through synthesis

View attachment 144832
We'll provide a time and date, as well as the full Patch Notes, for the September Update - Patch 2 next week.

See you in the black, Commanders.
I like most wasn't happy that so many bugs arrived with the September Update but its great to see you guys working hard to rectify them and is very much appreciated, by me anyway(can't speak for others). Thanks for the info Will

Typical. I finally figure out how to line up Deep Throat station approaches with the wonky HUD, and you fix it. Oh, well...

Seriously though, TY for attending to so many fixes, it's encouraging.

Top Bottom