News Community Update (27/09)

I'm ok with there being a store (though it's weird it is called that - as the shipyard etc are already stores). But previously in Livery you could see things you didn't own - and it took you to the website to buy them. The introduction of ARX could have simplified Livery so it just allowed you to buy if you have the ARX. So I don't know why there is also a Store link. And why the preview to see new things only works via the Store link, and is broken via Livery. Like they were scared of the Livery code so did the 'we'll just build a new version and stick it next door' coding method.

I'd love a Discovery Scanner from the UX team who thought Blue buttons, BUY ARX!, Livery / Store distinctions were good ideas - they obviously think it was a good idea but I'm struggling to think of any justification at the moment...
I'm assuming its there to buy cosmetics for ships other than the one you're flying, if you're so inclined. While I'm not a fan of its placement on the station menu, I think it does make a certain amount of sense.

Besides, its their game, so meh...

This is one of the most rediculous replies imho.

They're making this game for us, the paying costumer no?
If what you say justifies the state the game is in right now then by all means let them play their game and let's see how they like it.

I'm amazed by how many here are so gullible and easy to please.
I haven't been able to play this game properly since the update came out, rediculous.
When I go to a fancy restaurant then I'd like to enjoy and expect a certain quality, if they deliver that quality then I will show my appreciation by giving a compliment and a generous tip.
If they screw up then I tell them that too, and I don't want to hear "sorry sir it's our restaurant, our food so meh"

If I can't expect a certain quality regarding Fdev's work then why bother buying anything from them.
Seriously ED is the one and only game I've played since I'm a gamer starting back in the late seventies with such poor quality updates and quality control.
I'm not saying that I'm entitled to tell Fdev how to make their game but as paying customer I am entitled to let them know if they did a good job or not.
And right now they're definitely not.
People thank them for the update and fixes, ugh, yeah the new player experience is good but do I have to thank them for a new way to spend my real money and ruining the game for weeks in the process of releasing that new way, I don't think so.

Hello Commanders,

We wanted to take a moment to thank the community for all of the feedback that has been shared with us, following the launch of the September Update. We hear your frustrations and are hard at work on rolling another patch to address some of those issues to improve your current Elite Dangerous experience.

With the help of your feedback and bug reports, we're going to be introducing a number of fixes next week. For those that might have missed it, we've collated together some of the steps we've already taken to resolve issues you might be facing:
  • We've identified a list of Known Issues and some of these have already been resolved in server side fixes and September Update - Patch 1. As this is not an exhaustive list of all the reports you've sent our way, we're still continuing to investigate and resolve as many issues as we can. If you've encountered a bug or issue, please make sure to report it to us via the Issue Tracker.

• A number of Game Extras will continue to be released, so if there's something familiar missing from the Store, rest assured it will arrive soon.

• VPN connectivity
    • We're still looking into what is causing connectivity issues for VPN users. We've updated the VPN workaround that we posted on the 24 September. Please try the following steps to resolve the issue:
      • Locate the IP address used by your VPN.
      • Next:
        • (Steam) Navigate to the folder here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64\
        • (Standalone): Navigate to the folder here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Frontier\Products\elite-dangerous-64\
      • You should see a file named 'appconfig.xml'
      • Open this with a text editor such as Notepad and scroll down to the bottom, where you should see a Network section.
      • Add the following line (replacing 'xx.xxx.xxx.xx' with your VPN's IP) <UseNic>xxx.xx.x.x</UseNic>
      • The final result should look similar to this:
        <Network Port="0"
        upnpenabled="1"
        LogFile="netLog"
        PingTime="27"
        MaxUpRate="250000"
        DatestampLog="1"
        SendCompressedIDs="0"

<UseNic>xxx.xx.x.x</UseNic>
        </Network>
      • Don't amend any of the other sections as they'll have been configured for your standard usage already.
      • Save the file in the same location.
September Update - Patch 2

Next week, we'll be introducing a second corrective patch, which will include a number of fixes for various issues. We've highlighted just some of the fixes below, namely those reported through Issue Tracker (and some of the top voted issues) below:
  • Crashes/Stability
    • Fixed a softlock that could occur when trading materials at a material trader
  • Diamondback Explorer
    • Fixed mismatched Paint Jobs for the Diamondback Explorer
  • Interdiction
    • Fixed an issue where interdiction wouldn't end after the player submitted
  • Outfitting
    • Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect weapon mounts to be displayed (fixed weapons showing as gimballed, for example)
  • Rendering
    • Fixed an issue that caused stars in the night sky to disappear (creating, in some cases, 'hard edges')
  • Ship HUD
    • Corrected the schematic of a targeted starport to match its actual orientation
    • Fixed an issue that made ship modules appear twice in the module tab after swapping to a different ship
  • Weapons
    • Fixed Enforcer Canons not being able to be restocked through synthesis
In addition to this patch, we've made some changes to the in-game Store following the feedback you've shared with us:
  • The Store icon located in Station Services will be changed blue to orange to fit in line with the other UI elements.
  • We're also going to rearrange the positioning of the icon and various buttons on the main menu:
    • Station Services - Livery > Holo-me > Store
    • Main Menu - Livery > Buy Expansions > Store > Buy ARX

View attachment 144832
We'll provide a time and date, as well as the full Patch Notes, for the September Update - Patch 2 next week.

See you in the black, Commanders.
@Will Flanagan small seismic charges?

puppy-dog-eyes.jpg

This is one of the most rediculous replies imho.
Really? Good (y)

They're making this game for us, the paying costumer no?
If what you say justifies the state the game is in right now then by all means let them play their game and let's see how they like it.
Dunno about your state of the game, or whether you can play it or not, my reply was directed at someone having issues with a button.
I don't rip a pantyhose over a button. If you do, your loss mate.

Last edited:
Dunno about your state of the game, or whether you can play it or not, my reply was directed at someone having issues with a button.
I don't rip a pantyhose over a button. If you do, your loss mate.

My fault, I was referring to the state of the game, you were just referring to the button, I should've read your and the previous post better.

My excuses.

So where do we go to get these status updates? What a mess. Nothing on the official forums but I have to follow a Frontier_Help account on twitter to find out. Why can't they keep us updated in the official forums?
Completely agree - I have no idea why they are shooting themselves in the foot this way. Most of the drama would be avoided if they would just add missions / screen tearing / missing ARX (edit: actually I think this one is already there) into their known issues. And maybe tell us when they plan to fix the shop.

Intermittent problems are even more difficult to reproduce reliably and isolate to a specific cause, like the station repair deliveries not counting on occasion, and even more so if there is a networking issue being created in conjunction with external providers like VPNs with settings that FDev have no control over.

Unlike Mac support, a proprietary hardware issue, a solution will should be found, eventually.

That Station Orientation thing has been a thing since it was added. I just figured out the correct approach angle and use that. Now I have to do it all over again next time I see a station - currently looking like mid Q1, 2020.

As for the Store in blue - or whatever color it might have appeared for me, with custom HUD colors, I may be sad, especially if it turns Vomit Orange, like the normal Elite colors. Who picked that color anyways? It's more disgusting than old planet beige.

That Station Orientation thing has been a thing since it was added. I just figured out the correct approach angle and use that. Now I have to do it all over again next time I see a station - currently looking like mid Q1, 2020.

As for the Store in blue - or whatever color it might have appeared for me, with custom HUD colors, I may be sad, especially if it turns Vomit Orange, like the normal Elite colors. Who picked that color anyways? It's more disgusting than old planet beige.

The slot still seems to point to the correct pole of the body the station is orbiting, very occasionally (maybe 1 in 10 stations, and I haven't seen one today at all) the station is actually pointing in the wrong direction.

So finding the slot is still of use, just not quite as useful as it was.

hth.

Last edited:
Greetings one and all. Just a suggestion from an aging, old, forgetful Cmdr who can't remember e. I'm at Broo's workshop, doing some engineering on my lasers. I have numerous lasers of different sizes. I decide which laser to engineer, or add an experimental to, and then proceed to the next screen to make my decisions. While skimming through the options, I may forget which laser, or which sized laser I am working on. (in my case chances are pretty damned good I'll forget ) Can we not have our weapon size and type displayed on every screen while working with an engineer? Just a thought. Thanks. And as always, Fly Safe. Cmdr Cinderelli over and out. o7

It always seemed like the targeted station was aligned to the ship, not your head several feet above and to the right of the correct approach angle. That hologram never did work like docking in the original Elite although it could use more resources running that little widget than the whole first game? :unsure:

As for the store in blue, it's going Carrot Camo to blend with the Vomit Orange UI, thus:
  • The Store icon located in Station Services will be changed blue to orange to fit in line with the other UI elements.
  • We're also going to rearrange the positioning of the icon and various buttons on the main menu:
    • Station Services - Livery > Holo-me > Store
    • Main Menu - Livery > Buy Expansions > Store > Buy ARX
      updated-port-services-a-jpg.144832

Top Bottom