Are there paying missions for killing Cylops?

After much practice, I've finally got the hang of killing Cyclops.
All we get is 2mil??
I've looked on the mission boards for paying missions for this, but haven't found any.
Are killing Thargods missions available, on the mission boards?

After much practice, I've finally got the hang of killing Cyclops.
All we get is 2mil??
I've looked on the mission boards for paying missions for this, but haven't found any.
Are killing Thargods missions available, on the mission boards?
In fairness... Cyclops are pretty easy these days. They were worth 2m when all we had was AX MCs.

I'd value a Cyclops at 500k these days... but hey... not gonna balk at 2m.

In fairness... Cyclops are pretty easy these days. They were worth 2m when all we had was AX MCs.

I'd value a Cyclops at 500k these days... but hey... not gonna balk at 2m.
If you ask me combat payouts should all get increased in general...

If you ask me combat payouts should all get increased in general...
Why? Getting somewhat off topic, but single assassination missions pay out 1-2m each , and cross-faction stacked massacres can pay up to 3-4m per kill. Is that not reasonable?

Pulling back on topic... when thargoid missions actually worked you could cross- faction stack those too for up to 12m for a single Cyclops kill. But for some reason, it needs to be a specific target at a uss now , not just any target like when they first got implemented.

IMO the solution is fixing those missions and their availability and function, not buffing the paid

It's just not balanced compared to what exploration and mining gets you.
So funnily enough, i originally had in my post " if you're comparing to voipal mining or exploration, i think these are outliers which should be nerfed to be more inline with other income sources"... but i pulled it out because it didn't seem relevant.

But you kind of have to compare it with other game activities. What else you you going to compare it with?

500k seem too low imho, an Anaconda NPC gives you what, 350k? A Cyclops is still way more dangerous than that I think.

But you kind of have to compare it with other game activities. What else you you going to compare it with?

500k seem too low imho, an Anaconda NPC gives you what, 350k? A Cyclops is still way more dangerous than that I think.
This might be the problem then... I don't see a Cyclops as "way more dangerous" than an Anaconda NPC, especially with the current level of AX/Guardian weaponry at our disposal.

If you're talking equivalents, I'd go something like:
Cyclops == Elite-rank Assassination Mission
Basilisk == Wing Assassination Mission
Medusa & Hydra: No real equivalent.

Thing is, the NPC targets in those first two only pay out about 200-300k... it's the mission payout which brings that up to 1-3m. Which goes back to my original suggestion, that the key here is fixing the mission payouts/availability, and what counts for the kill, rather than buffing their base payout.

Last edited:
This might be the problem then... I don't see a Cyclops as "way more dangerous" than an Anaconda NPC, especially with the current level of AX/Guardian weaponry at our disposal.

If you're talking equivalents, I'd go something like:
Cyclops == Elite-rank Assassination Mission
Basilisk == Wing Assassination Mission
Medusa & Hydra: No real equivalent.

Thing is, the NPC targets in those first two only pay out about 200-300k... it's the mission payout which brings that up to 1-3m. Which goes back to my original suggestion, that the key here is fixing the mission payouts/availability, and what counts for the kill, rather than buffing their base payout.
Personally I see Cyclops on the same level as soloing a high intensity CZ including an enemy cap ship and the higher variants more difficult than anything else the game has to offer. I have done wing assassination missions, they are nowhere near the difficulty of a Basilisk, imo.

How many weeks now has it been since the Aegis ships mysteriously disappeared? I just got started Scout hunting and then all of the Aegis ships went poof.

I do. One mistake can be the end of you at Cyclops, which is never true for any NPC ship. Last four or five deaths were all the same for me - I effed up and the Cyclops fried my shields, while the full swarm turned into missiles. As your ship is immobilized, there was nothing I could do but watch the hull go from 80 to 0 in three seconds. I have never experienced such helplessness with a Human NPC.

Top Bottom