Patch Notes September Update - Patch 3

Greetings Commanders,

The Elite Dangerous servers will be offline for all platforms on the 10 October at 07:00 (UTC) to apply the September Update - Patch 3.

Thank you for your understanding.

Please find the full Patch Notes below:

Cockpit UI
  • Fixed an issue that caused multiple modules to appear to change priorities instead of just the one that was selected
  • Fixed a small performance stutter when opening the modules tab
Crashes/Stability
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when handing in a mission
  • Fixed the issue causing a softlock at mission boards (and removed the workaround missions)
Exploration
  • Fixed an issue where the system map was missing Commander names for First Discovered and First Mapped
General
  • (Xbox One only) Replaced 'Debug Test' text that appeared when giving a ship a name or ID on Xbox One with 'Enter Ship Name/ID'
  • Fixed missing Flak Launcher VFX
  • Fixed an issue that stopped some previously allowed characters from being able to be used in ship IDs
Network
  • Fixed an issue where some types of non-Ethernet connections were rejected
  • Further work has been made towards restoring VPN connections by:
    • (PC only) Adding ability for players to select which network adapter to use in the network options list (VPN connections will appear here)
      • Note if you change the selected Network Adapter here, you will also need to restart the game
    • Stopping the game from terminating if unable to connect to a network. This allows players into the network options screen to check that their VPN connection is selected
Render
  • (Xbox One only) Fixed a screen tearing issue on Xbox One when in 4k Quality mode

With enough practice, you might actually git gud at updates! :unsure:
However, it is said: "Third Time is a Charm", so, time to test the theory! :whistle:

Salt for what it's worth is well deserved for the hap hazard way the September release was implemented. Now we are kicked out of game again for the third patch to fix what Frontier broke! I wonder now if we will soon see patch 4 and patch 5 to fix what this patch broke. All because FDEV stopped the BETA testing by folks who should test the beta. Instead lack of proper QAQC caused mission board to get screwed up so badly. Plus the host of other bugs still not addressed. Yep Patch 4 and 5 will soon be kicking us offline some day soon. Too salty? I do not think so. It bodes unwell for the December update and the future of this game that I love so much. FDEV please consider putting the BETA testing so players can test it before it hits the general public. That way the general public won't be too salty when patches are released?

Salt for what it's worth is well deserved for the hap hazard way the September release was implemented. Now we are kicked out of game again for the third patch to fix what Frontier broke! I wonder now if we will soon see patch 4 and patch 5 to fix what this patch broke. All because FDEV stopped the BETA testing by folks who should test the beta. Instead lack of proper QAQC caused mission board to get screwed up so badly. Plus the host of other bugs still not addressed. Yep Patch 4 and 5 will soon be kicking us offline some day soon. Too salty? I do not think so. It bodes unwell for the December update and the future of this game that I love so much. FDEV please consider putting the BETA testing so players can test it before it hits the general public. That way the general public won't be too salty when patches are released?
You honestly believe that they will provide a patch 4 and 5?.... do not hold you breath, as they are incapable of fixing the mess they have created.

Any word on the left panel softlock? (PC) Happening for months.
Not very common, I've played extensively on my week off and experienced it maybe 4 times in 5 days with about 7 hours a day play time!
But still annoying.

Occasionally can't get out. Have to alt tab and close the process.
I had that problem for a while too. In Options>Controls>Mode Switches I disabled "auto focus on text input field".
Now it's no longer a problem (at least for me).

Any word on the left panel softlock? (PC) Happening for months.
Not very common, I've played extensively on my week off and experienced it maybe 4 times in 5 days with about 7 hours a day play time!
But still annoying.

Occasionally can't get out. Have to alt tab and close the process.

I found that if you have another binding set on a controller, you can get out of the softlock by going into the menu with the controller as my keyboard seems to get disabled or something? Good luck CMDR!

7:00 UTC on Thursdays is the weekly scheduled downtime. It's been that way for years. The game would be down right now regardless of whether there was a patch waiting in the wings.

It's always good to have these fixes of course. But I'd like to mention something that keeps happening to me and maybe others have noticed this also. I seem to be more than regularly hyperdicted by Thargoids so I've fitted the tech that stops them EMPing me and a Xeno scanner. The point is I scan these ships whenever I get the opportunity but my thargoid ship scan data never goes up, it's been at 15 for months. Am I missing something?

WHY DONT YOU FIX MULTI CREW? not just the charges blowing up in ur face, what about the way u cant scan a system while your buddy flys, and that if u do find something in the scan u cant dual buggy the planet you land on? what about the point of view cam that makes gunning almost unbearable!!!

What about the fact that ur so badly out of sync that u dont even see the same thing!!!!

What a Lie!!!! I bought this game based on that crap so i could play with other ppl. DISAPPOINTING!!!!!

• (Xbox One only) Fixed a screen tearing issue on Xbox One when in 4k Quality mode

Thanks Will. Firstly, I hope this applies to all modes on Xbox One, not just to 4K (I think that's a given) and I also hope it also helps framerate, because screen tearing AND performance were huge issues in this version as well. Let's hope for the best.

Thanks Will. Firstly, I hope this applies to all modes on Xbox One, not just to 4K (I think that's a given) and I also hope it also helps framerate, because screen tearing AND performance were huge issues in this version as well. Let's hope for the best.
Why not log in and find out...

Thanks Will, Thanks Frontier.

I have read in several threads of the forum in general, things that make me think of:

There are comments that are pure criticism for being the most similar to a trolls, who have no other forum to criticize (is it because they have been expelled from those other forums?) ... that simple.

Original:
He leido en varios hilos del foro en general, cosas que me hacen pensar en:
Hay comentarios que son pura crítica por ser lo mas similar a un trolls, que no tienen otro foro para criticar (¿será porque han sido expulsados de esos otros foros?) ... así de simple

Top Bottom