Inaccurate Dinosaur Information/ Data

There are a few entries I've noticed to be incorrect in the game. For example: The T-Rex INGEN Database information states "To the north it is considered the dominant predator, but to the south Alamosaurus dominated."
I'm certain it should read Allosaurus, as Alamosaurus is a sauropod (not a predator).

Also: the stats on the Dracorex states it to weigh 600KG despite it being 1.1M tall. It was probably intended to say 60KG.
I'm sure there are others.
These are understandably just typos, but it would be nice if the 'facts' we are given about these dinosaurs were accurate. I was hoping to learn something about the featured dinosaurs in the game, but these inaccuracies have me doubting any information presented.
Keep in mind, these are/were real animals. Not just monsters from a book/movie.

Allosaurus was long extint when T.rex lived. So it wouldn't make sense to mention it as living in the south where T.rex lived in the north. Alamosaurus, while it's a sauropod it did live at the same time as T.rex. And T.rex is more common in the north where Alamosaurus isn't found.

Instead possibly mentioning Carcharodontosauria, Spinosaurids and Abelisauria would make sense as those dominated the southern continents.

I agree they should be corrected. I remember having a shock when reading Stegosaurus adscribed to Cretaceous period... and I stopped reading there, but I'm sure there are more mistakes, specially on the newer dinosaurs.

Allosaurus was long extint when T.rex lived. So it wouldn't make sense to mention it as living in the south where T.rex lived in the north. Alamosaurus, while it's a sauropod it did live at the same time as T.rex. And T.rex is more common in the north where Alamosaurus isn't found.

Instead possibly mentioning Carcharodontosauria, Spinosaurids and Abelisauria would make sense as those dominated the southern continents.
Exactly my point. I was hoping to learn something and so I assumed the typo meant Allosaurus. The information is not just incorrect, it's misleading.
Thank you for the info by the way.

Also the in the pachys,dracorex,and stygimoloch info tab it still says there vunrable to all predators even though with the new update there only prey to the large carnivores.

While it is written in an odd way, it is true in the T. rex database. Tyrannosaurus was the largest and most powerful animal in the northern part of Laramidia, the ancient western USA. It was a custom built armor crusher, surrounded by things it could hunt with specialization.

In southern Laramidia the landscape was dominated by Alamosaurus, a massive titanosaur. Alamosaurus is the largest North American dinosaur ever found, and to my knowledge there’s never been any evidence of Rex predation. It was invincible at adult sizes given that Tyrannosaurs were not adapted to hunt Sauropods. That is there is fossil evidence of giant herds of them and much fewer northern fauna. This is why T. rex is much scarcer in the south, hence it’s not “dominant.”

I have noticed other odd discrepancies though like the Giganotosaurus size doesn’t match the in game model. I think it still says 13.5m

While it is written in an odd way, it is true in the T. rex database. Tyrannosaurus was the largest and most powerful animal in the northern part of Laramidia, the ancient western USA. It was a custom built armor crusher, surrounded by things it could hunt with specialization.

In southern Laramidia the landscape was dominated by Alamosaurus, a massive titanosaur. Alamosaurus is the largest North American dinosaur ever found, and to my knowledge there’s never been any evidence of Rex predation. It was invincible at adult sizes given that Tyrannosaurs were not adapted to hunt Sauropods. That is there is fossil evidence of giant herds of them and much fewer northern fauna. This is why T. rex is much scarcer in the south, hence it’s not “dominant.”
I believe there is some overlap between ranges, as some remains of Tyrannosaurus (mostly teeth, I believe) have been found in the southern most part of their range and along the northern edge of where Alamosaurus have been found. It's likely Tyrannosaurus left fully grown Alamosaurus alone, but may hunted infants and juveniles.

I'm confused. JPOG's Dinopedia said that Carcharodontosaurus and Spinosaurus lived in Early Cretaceous. JWE'S InGen database said that they lived in Late Cretaceous. Which is more accurate?

Here’s your answer! Something like this...
“Tyrannosaurus rex ranged across a number of different ecosystems. These varied between island and coastal subtropical regions to semi-arid plains. To the north, Triceratops was considered the dominant herbivore, but to the south, Alamosaurus dominated.”
GREEN EDIT TO ORIGINAL TEXT
Bison obviously aren’t predators but still have importance for being numerous mega herbivores.
Remember, most common game in the north: Triceratops. Most common game in the south: Alamosaurus.

Last edited:
Here’s your answer! Something like this...
“Tyrannosaurus rex ranged across a number of different ecosystems. These varied between island and coastal subtropical regions to semi-arid plains. To the north, Triceratops was considered the dominant herbivore, but to the south, Alamosaurus dominated.”
GREEN EDIT TO ORIGINAL TEXT
Bison obviously aren’t predators but still have importance for being numerous mega herbivores.
Remember, most common game in the north: Triceratops. Most common game in the south: Alamosaurus.

You haven't answered clearly about Carcharodontosaurus and Spinosaurus.

According to my research, T-Rex ranged from Montana to Texas in the United States while covering both Alberta and Saskatchewan in Canada. Torosaurus ranged from Saskatchewan to Texas whereas Triceratops ranged from Montana to Colorado while covering Alberta and Saskatchewan.

I'm confused. JPOG's Dinopedia said that Carcharodontosaurus and Spinosaurus lived in Early Cretaceous. JWE'S InGen database said that they lived in Late Cretaceous. Which is more accurate?
The Cretaceous is split into two. Early and Late Cretaceous. Current thinking is that they lived in the Cenomanian, which is in the very beginning of the Late Cretaceous. Mid Cretaceous isn't an official named designation. Note the use of capital letters. Early Cretaceous and Late Cretaceous are official named time epochs.
So the correct thing to say is that they lived in the Cenomanian, or early Late Cretaceous.
Though it's not entirely clear yet, as far as I know there's a possibility that both already lived in the Albian, which is just before the Cenomanian in the very end, or late Early Cretaceous.

So long story short, Late Cretaceous is definitely correct. But Early Cretaceous might also be correct if these animals also lived during the Albian.

The Cretaceous is split into two. Early and Late Cretaceous. Current thinking is that they lived in the Cenomanian, which is in the very beginning of the Late Cretaceous. Mid Cretaceous isn't an official named designation. Note the use of capital letters. Early Cretaceous and Late Cretaceous are official named time epochs.
So the correct thing to say is that they lived in the Cenomanian, or early Late Cretaceous.
Though it's not entirely clear yet, as far as I know there's a possibility that both already lived in the Albian, which is just before the Cenomanian in the very end, or late Early Cretaceous.

So long story short, Late Cretaceous is definitely correct. But Early Cretaceous might also be correct if these animals also lived during the Albian.

Thank you. I will conclude that Carcharodontosaurus and Spinosaurus lived from Early to Late Cretaceous.

Pff, the entire InGen Database is a mess. I don't have the exact numbers in my head right now, but I the data about Brachiosaurus, Mamenchisaurus, Gallimimus etc are either just plain wrong or they don't fit with how their models in-game look like at all.

Yeah the database is really full of typos, almost all lenghts and weights of Ankysaurids and Nodosaurids are a mess, for example the Polacanthus is bigger than the Nodosaurus but weight less than an half. For all dimensions you should look on the Fandom Wiki where the great Steamblust took all measures in-game!

I do have a question about Metriacanthosaurus. The InGen Database said that it was of Middle Jurassic. Some other records said that it was of Late Jurassic. Which is correct?

Top Bottom