Guide / Tutorial ARX Earning Guide

Good point though - I should check if SRV destruction is a payer, though it seems you may have tested that already :)
I'm pretty sure SRV destruction counts for earning Arx. As of 3 weeks ago it seemed to earn 1 Arx for "combat".
Synthesizing a basic SRV refuel (from empty) and losing said SRV by yeeting it into a canyon wall at 430 km/h with a geyser yields 2 Arx (1 for "combat" and 1 for "other")
I'm not in a position to check if that is still the case, though (I'm down to my 2nd and final SRV on my main account).

I'm pretty sure SRV destruction counts for earning Arx. As of 3 weeks ago it seemed to earn 1 Arx for "combat".

I'm not in a position to check if that is still the case, though (I'm down to my 2nd and final SRV on my main account).
In which case Alec should be loaded from his 1 ARX per SRV and 6 per ship death...

In which case Alec should be loaded from his 1 ARX per SRV and 6 per ship death...
Loaded I don't know about but I suppose it is non-zero:

xyzzy24-10-2019 06:07 1
xyzzy24-10-2019 05:54 8
xyzzy24-10-2019 05:25 3
xyzzy24-10-2019 05:08 2
xyzzy24-10-2019 04:44 3

It's been bloody good fun tho!

Last edited:
So, as it's Thargsday and I still need 194 ARX to reach the c(r)ap this week...

Is there an efficient way to grind this rubbish yet or shall I go play the Star Citizen free offer?

So, as it's Thargsday and I still need 194 ARX to reach the c(r)ap this week...

Is there an efficient way to grind this rubbish yet or shall I go play the Star Citizen free offer?
There's like 3 hours until the server tick, right?

If you have ANY significant amount of exploration data sitting around, you can sell 19.4M CR worth of it to get to the ARX cap. If you haven't done the road to riches, that might be a viable way to get to the ARX cap relatively quickly if you jump into the system(s) and FSS the high-value bodies before jumping to the next one.

http://edtools.ddns.net/expl.php

There's like 3 hours until the server tick, right?

If you have ANY significant amount of exploration data sitting around, you can sell 19.4M CR worth of it to get to the ARX cap. If you haven't done the road to riches, that might be a viable way to get to the ARX cap relatively quickly if you jump into the system(s) and FSS the high-value bodies before jumping to the next one.

http://edtools.ddns.net/expl.php
Not a bad idea but I've already done a chunk of them, and the FDL slaughter boat got busy...

[Edit: No, only two hours apparently. The servers are on UTC (I think), check your local DLS.]

Last edited:
Hacked a Hackable megaship data point (with 2 limpets as 2 limpet points) - 1 Exploration ARX. Need to test if a m/s with 2 Hackables gives 2 ARX.

Seems handing in over 200K between 4 differnt local factions pays 0 ARX?
Also handed in a single one for ~2.3M which agreed with 11 ARX in the OP.
[Edit: I may be reading it wrong. Its +1 ARX / 200K on each bounty or total?]

Last edited:
[Edit: I may be reading it wrong. Its +1 ARX / 200K on each bounty or total?]
Good question :) ARX awards seem to be transactional - some round up, some don't. So if you handed in 4 bounties and all were < 200k they may all have been rounded down to zero. There is an option to hand in all at once, sounds like there's more work to do around this.

(I was looking at PAX missions yesterday and it seems that if one pays < minimum you get 1 ARX - the opposite of what you're seeing for bounties. This doesn't mean you are wrong at all - ARX awards seem very ... bespoke. And they get changed, so you may just be seeing a new rule 🤷‍♀️ ).

Good question :) ARX awards seem to be transactional - some round up, some don't. So if you handed in 4 bounties and all were < 200k they may all have been rounded down to zero. There is an option to hand in all at once, sounds like there's more work to do around this.

(I was looking at PAX missions yesterday and it seems that if one pays < minimum you get 1 ARX - the opposite of what you're seeing for bounties. This doesn't mean you are wrong at all - ARX awards seem very ... bespoke. And they get changed, so you may just be seeing a new rule 🤷‍♀️ ).
Bespoke is the new RNG.

One local faction bounty at 4.5 MCR = 10 ARX (Seems there might be a cap around 2 MCR?)

[Edit: Also 7~8 locals <200K plus one >440K grand total 1MCR, it paid 4 ARX (Crew 10+7%)]

[Edit: More single bounty tests.]

Last edited:
Pilot's Federation Local (LHS 3447) bounty worth 2.75 MCR = 10 ARX as well.
Will try to get the limbo pole a bit lower, not sure the effect the crew is having?
Haven't been counting but the ARX per kill ratio is better and seems uncapped.

Engineering feedback: Converted class D Kill Warrant Scanner from maxed G5 Lightweight to G5 Fast Scan using a total of 15 spins for 15 ARX. Did the same with two others and got similar results on both.

[Edit: Just confirming the OP, now I had a look at it, lol... :whistle: ]

Last edited:
It's amazing how often I post a link to this in threads bemoaning the lack of information about how to earn ARX, to be completely ignored :ROFLMAO:

Anyway - added some numbers for Combat Bonds - same as Bounties, no surprise.
Forum moaners are only on the forum to moan, not to actually learn anything. You must know that by now! 😃

I haven't seen it mentioned yet but I haven't read all the thread, I noticed only synthesis ammo was mentioned on the first page.

Synthesis: Jumponium.

Ok it appears to be rewarded only for Premium and Standard but not basic although I may be wrong about not getting any for basic, it was just a quick test.

Pilot's Federation Local (LHS 3447) bounty worth 2.34 MCR = 10 ARX
Crew total 18%, so net pay is only 1.92 MCR and may not be a factor?

[Edit: Update 081119 same faction bounty worth 2.050 MCR = 9 ARX.]
[Edit: Update 081119 same faction bounty worth 2.099 MCR = 9 ARX.]
[Edit: Update 081119 same faction bounty worth 1.083 MCR = 5 ARX.]

[Edit: More single bounty tests.]

Last edited:
I haven't seen it mentioned yet but I haven't read all the thread, I noticed only synthesis ammo was mentioned on the first page.

Synthesis: Jumponium.

Ok it appears to be rewarded only for Premium and Standard but not basic although I may be wrong about not getting any for basic, it was just a quick test.
Synthesis is mentioned on the 'needs more tests' section as I think it is probably 1 ARX / synth, but haven't tested enough to make the advice more general. Thanks for the reminder I may do some more tests later :)

Top Bottom