Corrosion Resistant Cargo Rack Questions

Are corrosion resistant cargo racks required in the game anymore to be able to do something, unlock something?

If so I believe that sometime back there was a way to get one that had a larger capacity than 2. Is this true and if so how do you unlock them?

You need to go to a Human Tech Broker to unlock them. You'll need 16 Meta-Alloys, 26 Iron, 18 Chemical Manipulators, 22 Radiation Baffle and 12 Neofabric Insulation. Once you have unlocked it you can buy as many as you want. They are class 4 so they can hold 16t.

You need to go to a Human Tech Broker to unlock them. You'll need 16 Meta-Alloys, 26 Iron, 18 Chemical Manipulators, 22 Radiation Baffle and 12 Neofabric Insulation. Once you have unlocked it you can buy as many as you want. They are class 4 so they can hold 16t.

Thanks for the response!

What are they required for in the game now?

You need them to transport corrosive cargo (Thargoid stuff), otherwise it would damage and destroy your ship.

Hi,

I recently unlocked that. It used to be useful when UA bombing was feasible. Now the only reason I can see is to transport large quantities of Thargoid materials for sale. For example if you just want to go visit Thargoid surface site, a 1F corrosive resistant rack from Maia is enough.

You need them to transport corrosive cargo (Thargoid stuff), otherwise it would damage and destroy your ship.

Hi,

I recently unlocked that. It used to be useful when UA bombing was feasible. Now the only reason I can see is to transport large quantities of Thargoid materials for sale. For example if you just want to go visit Thargoid surface site, a 1F corrosive resistant rack from Maia is enough.

Thanks!

I wanted to include the fact that they are not 100% mandatory, but was too lazy in the end. :D

They have one more use I'd like to mention, apart from the obsolete UA bombing. The second Ram Tah mission requires you to carry all kinds of Thargoid stuff and was my motivation to unlock the 16t version.

Once unlocking corrosive resistant cargo racks they only come in 16, 2 or 1 ton cargo editions. The Frontier Devs are sneaky making us decide what we need playing with the Thargoids whether at a planetary site or gathering hearts in combat.

Once unlocking corrosive resistant cargo racks they only come in 16, 2 or 1 ton cargo editions. The Frontier Devs are sneaky making us decide what we need playing with the Thargoids whether at a planetary site or gathering hearts in combat.
True enough, but if one can't obtain any Neofabric Insulator's than gathering all the rest of the stuff (as I did) is in vain.

True enough, but if one can't obtain any Neofabric Insulator's than gathering all the rest of the stuff (as I did) is in vain.
Neofabric Insulators cannot be purchase although they sometimes show up in mission rewards. Welcome to gaming RNG. Radiation baffles can be purchased. Flying around in a high jump range Asp Explores helps. Farming 16 meta-alloys is the real deal. Look that one up on YouTube videos. Note that Thargoids might check you out. If you don't upset them then no big deal.

Last edited:
Neofabric Insulators is a commodity you can purchase around 7300 credits on average as well as radiation baffles costing less.
It is?

Radiation baffles yes, but I'm 99% sure you can't buy Neofabric Insulators.

IIRC there is a damaged megaship in the Pleiades which you can hatch break it's cargo hatches to get those. Use a manifest scanner to identify them.
The video I watched was of a Cmdr at a system that had its name change from a Pleiades Sector and a bunch of other letters to Delphi. Though he manage to open a hatch and gather the various mats which included a few Neofabric Insolators, he apparently wasn't attacked for doing so. But then it ended immediately after gathering only a few items. I don't know if had it lasted longer if he would have been attacked.

I realize now that hatch breakers only break hatches and that one either has to scoop or utilize collector limpets, thus answered my own question. Going there today with all the equipment I need to gather the 12 Neofabric's. The rest of the needed items are easy to gather. I've got a great site to obtain the Metal Alloy and the rest can be bought.

Thanks for all the input y'all, wish me luck.

The video I watched was of a Cmdr at a system that had its name change from a Pleiades Sector and a bunch of other letters to Delphi. Though he manage to open a hatch and gather the various mats which included a few Neofabric Insolators, he apparently wasn't attacked for doing so. But then it ended immediately after gathering only a few items. I don't know if had it lasted longer if he would have been attacked.

I realize now that hatch breakers only break hatches and that one either has to scoop or utilize collector limpets, thus answered my own question. Going there today with all the equipment I need to gather the 12 Neofabric's. The rest of the needed items are easy to gather. I've got a great site to obtain the Metal Alloy and the rest can be bought.

Thanks for all the input y'all, wish me luck.
Nope you don't get a bounty or anything doing that :)

Well I tried for about six hours today in the Delphi system to get some Neofabrics Insulators to no avail. Just couldn't get the hang of what it was I had to do and nagociating my way around the mega ships in a conda probably wasn't the brightest of ideas.

Someone stated that they can be had from various missions, my reply was that in two years of doing mission, I'd never seen them offered. Took me awhile and it was probably because of his statement. But as irony would have it, I gave up, went back home and was in the process of doing mission for the Dark Wheel when I saw out of the corner of my eye a mission that paid not one, not two, not even a dozen, but 16 Neofabics. I've been hunting mats for the last two years and forgo any and all commodities that are offered as rewards. DUH, ain't no wonder I never saw any, I generally only look at and accept materials.

Long story short, finally got my corrosive 16 tons cargo bin. Though I won't be utilizing it for its intended purpose for a while, but when the time comes, I've got it.

Thanks everyone.

Top Bottom