Planet Zoo - 1.0.1 Update Notes

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Hello Zookeepers!

It's been two days since Planet Zoo's launch and your initial reaction has been phenomenal! We've been loving all of the creations, screenshots and animal details you have shared! We're so grateful for the feedback and reports you have been sending in and the team has been working hard to resolve as many issues as possible.

We've now rolled out our first update for Planet Zoo, designed to fix some of the most immediate issues which have been raised. Please don't worry if an issue you have reported isn't listed; we are still hard at work on your reports and feedback and will have more updates coming soon! Please take a look below for the full update notes:

Stability
  • Added several crash and stability fixes, including -
    • Crash when deleting pick up based enrichment item while an animal is using it;
    • Crash when moving staff buildings;
    • Crash when moving animals to quarantine;
    • Crash when selecting the Inspector notification;
    • Crash when signing up to newsletter;
    • Crash when deleting shops;
    • Crash when moving exhibits;
    • Crash when animals are released to wild;
    • Crash when using 'locate' button from objectives;
    • Crash when switching between fullscreen and borderless.
Scenarios
  • Fixed some objectives in Scenario 3 of Career Mode auto-completing.
Franchise Mode & Main Menu
  • The newsletter sign-up is now hidden during the welcome screen. This will prevent any issues from signing up before creating your avatar.
  • Fixed issue with profanity filter not allowing players to create franchise zoos. We have also improved messaging regarding this issue.
Staff
  • Fixed issue with multiple mechanics not repairing vandalised objects efficiently.
Animals
  • Various improvements have been made to climbing (Sorry flying bears!)
UI
  • Zoo tax is now shown on the Zoo Overview menu to give you greater information on your finances.
Guests
  • Fix for guest avatar heads disappearing.
Rendering
  • Fix rendering issues caused by ultra wide displays.
General
  • We are aware of an issue where the wrong image is displayed for the Community Challenge (it should be the tigers!). If this is the case, please restart your Steam client as it's a caching issue; do let us know if the issue persists!
As mentioned, this is only the first of our post-launch updates for Planet Zoo. We'll be sure to keep you informed regarding the next ones! Thank you again for your continued support and feedback!

Thank you!
Chanté 🦁:D

Thanks for the quick update, much appreciated!! :D
But I was especially wondering what you can tell us about the issue with the blurry animals and textures? Like when can we expect an fix or update for it? I really do love the game so far, but haven’t been able to enjoy it completely because of this issue...

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Thanks for the quick update, much appreciated!! :D
But I was especially wondering what you can tell us about the issue with the blurry animals and textures? Like when can we expect an fix or update for it? I really do love the game so far, but haven’t been able to enjoy it completely because of this issue...

We are aware of this issue and hope to have a fix for you as soon as possible! We'll keep you posted :)

Great update, but there is still the problem of the zookeepers not feeding my animals! They never fill their food bowls or feed them any food only water.

Have you tried just using food enrichment items? I find those get filled better and the animals seem to prefer them. I don't even put out regular food bowls anymore.

Ambient speaker still dont work, they give out no sound no atter what you choose this worked perfectly in beta but broken since launch.

Hello

nice that the mechanics are fixed. However, iam not able to browse animals inside franchise mode. Most of the animals are hidden and iam only able to see 2 pages without filters. Is there any hotfix or solution for this issue?

Hello

nice that the mechanics are fixed. However, iam not able to browse animals inside franchise mode. Most of the animals are hidden and iam only able to see 2 pages without filters. Is there any hotfix or solution for this issue?

The problems is mostly too much people are trying to buy animals and server are limited, time is going to prevent this when less people are trying to buy all the same animals.

So glad to hear you fixed the inspection report crash - I had it this morning just after I put 29 peafowl on the market, after I reloaded all my peas were in storage, problem is, I can't sell them or release them, then I noticed why... During the crash they had somehow discovered a fountain of youth and had backward aged to 0.0 years. So yeah, glad you fixed that crash

Hello

I have this problem as well although not all the time. I think I read it here or on Reddit but sometimes when you're browsing the market try pressing "space" on your keyboard. Sometimes it doesn't even register clicks with the mouse. So for example if you want to buy an animal and you're clicking and nothing happens try pressing space. It doesn't work everytime though. It also helps if you close the market and then reopen it again.

The problems is mostly too much people are trying to buy animals and server are limited, time is going to prevent this when less people are trying to buy all the same animals.

Well. I still not see them. This issue takes on for at least 5 hours now. Other players can buy animals without issues. Iam able to see this on twitch.

Top Bottom