The new Mamba ship kit is.....

....the only ship kit I regret buying.
Don't get me wrong the shape is just fine and that's why I bought it.
When you however put a paintjob on it, it looks like plastic stuck on parts because the paints I have, couple Squadron paints, have a certain gloss all over but the kit turns matt.
The parts are way off color and look dumb that way.
On the Squadron shadow for example they turn medium grey instead of blackish.

The ship kit looks fine in the Mamba's original Red and White as shown in the store, using a paintjob turns it into a cheap looking plastic mess.

I can't recommend this ship kit.

The Krait MK 2 paints and ship kits suffer from discoloration as well, for multiple paint jobs - Squadron, Salvage, Horus... there are likely more.

I raised a ticket on the bug tracker for the Squadron issues a while back and was wierdly told that this is by design, without elaborating. You can see it here:

Regarding Squadron specifically: I THINK that what FDev intended to do is discolor certain areas to make it look like some panels were hastily salvaged from other ships. Sort of like when a car has bodywork done but hasn’t been repainted yet.

That would be fine, except that the artist didn’t paint inside the lines (typical unfortunately) and chose very similar colors. So instead of making it look like salvaged panels, it just looks like they clicked the wrong shades on the color palette.

I think it's insulting to deliver such poor quality on items they ask you to pay for.
I don't mind spending some money but with this poor quality my spending will end very soon and I hope others will do the same.
These shipkits aren't particularly cheap so some good quality is to be expected imho.
If this is as intended then making a bug report is useless, it's not even a bug, it's sloppy work as far as I'm concerned.

When you however put a paintjob on it, it looks like plastic stuck on parts because the paints I have, couple Squadron paints, have a certain gloss all over but the kit turns matt.

The ship kit looks fine in the Mamba's original Red and White as shown in the store, using a paintjob turns it into a cheap looking plastic mess.

When doing a preview of the clipper ship kit the same condition seems to occur. For the metallic paints they both shine but the speculation highlights don’t connect and it has the effect of look like a physical child’s toy than a game grade spaceship.

The mamba is too smooth to have a nice shipkit, there was no way it was going to look great.

The Mamba being smooth doesn't have anything to with the colors being off for the shipkit.
The shipkit actually looks very nice in regard to design imho.

Thanks for the info, CMDR. I was looking at this ship kit since I love the Mamba, but I think I'll hold off based on your feedback until I see it improved.

The mamba is too smooth to have a nice shipkit, there was no way it was going to look great.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat! Is that Rick, saying a ship not made by Saud Kruger is somehow NICE even SMOOTH. Good golly what will happen next, you admit that a Corvette might be on par with a Beluga?

Yes for those that are offended easily, I am taking the 'mickey' out of Rick only because I know he has a great sense of humour and gives as good as he gets :D

I think it's insulting to deliver such poor quality on items they ask you to pay for.
I don't mind spending some money but with this poor quality my spending will end very soon and I hope others will do the same.
These shipkits aren't particularly cheap so some good quality is to be expected imho.
If this is as intended then making a bug report is useless, it's not even a bug, it's sloppy work as far as I'm concerned.

It seems like this problem is reccurent for a long time now.

I did make a report but when they tell me that it's as intended then I'll ask for a refund for sure.

This is the best solution and everyone should do the same thing when they receive this kind of problem.

Nothing better to improve the quality.

:)

Deleted member 182079

D
I always thought that its design was destined to feature some spoilers eventually. As soon as I saw it I thought it's missing something at the rear. Didn't expect it to take almost a year though...

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat! Is that Rick, saying a ship not made by Saud Kruger is somehow NICE even SMOOTH. Good golly what will happen next, you admit that a Corvette might be on par with a Beluga?

Yes for those that are offended easily, I am taking the 'mickey' out of Rick only because I know he has a great sense of humour and gives as good as he gets :D
Saud kruger ships have some flat edges. A perfect place to put more fins !

Top Bottom