COMPLETED CG Aid for The Golconda (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
It's been many many months since I flew. I'm not even sure where my DBX is sitting! Well, time to get in, find my Python, and go help this Generation Ship!

I haven't seen a Gen Ship yet. Should be a good time.

Fortunately, I was sitting at Jameson. Thought I was way out in the Explorer looking for those Guardian Jump Drive components. Anyway, loaded up on meds and some good ol Whiskey Waters and headed out!

So...uh...now that I'm there....where is the actual Gen Ship at?

(ETA: Ah....the uninhabited region around Upaniklis B.)

Last edited:
Fontenay City, in Apadecavi has 200k supply of Aluminium 13k of Advanced Meds, 32k Semiconductors.
Station is 1100 ls from jump in and supports all craft.
245 ly from Cg. 5 jumps.
Fly safe, CMDRS.

\\///
Oo
Spike.k

I knew there was a reason I moved this to Upaniklis. :D
Ah a hardcore LR cargo hauler ;), you might want to upgrade the shields at least a little though, the build you show has the shlds at 0 MJ! ;).
I take it you don't do CGs in open with that build?
Wouldn't you be better off with a cls5 scoop so you can carry more cargo?

I generally do CGs in open*, so I have tougher shlds (hasn't always saved me though!), I've only sacrificed 16t of cargo for a Cls 5 shld gen btw (but I only have a 4A scoop so I have 48t more cargo capacity from that, & no SC assist :p heh, so +4t there), jump range loss is 0.5/1.5 LYs over no shld gen. The small scoop is enough to do long range hauling over about 200-250 LYs, IIRC ;). Cargo capacity is 420t. Your ship has far greater jump range than mine, but I have thrusters capable of going to High g worlds (occasionally happens), and I prefer the better manoeuvrability ;), also I like to fight NPCs, hence some weapons left & the bigger PP.
This is my conda's build atm, I may downgrade the PD further to a 6D unit, which will boost JR 0.75/2 LYs further, but severely reduce it's attacking ability. I need to find out where the commodities are.........
*That said, I will probably do this one in a private group.

Ah a hardcore LR cargo hauler ;), you might want to upgrade the shields at least a little though, the build you show has the shlds at 0 MJ ;).
I take it you don't do CGs in open with that build? ;). Wouldn't you be better off with a cls5 scoop so you can carry more cargo?

I generally do do CGs in open, so I have tougher shlds (hasn't always saved me though!), I've only sacrificed 16t of cargo for a Cls 5 shld gen btw (but I only have a 4A scoop so I have 48t more cargo capacity from that, & no SC assist :p heh, so +4t there), jump range loss is 0.5-1.5 LYs over no shld gen. The small scoop is enough to do long range hauling over about 200-250 LYs, IIRC ;). Cargo capacity is 420t. Your ship has far greater jump range than mine, but I have thrusters capable of going to High g worlds (occasionally happens), and I prefer the better manoeuvrability ;), also I like to fight NPCs, hence some weapons left :).
This is my conda's build atm, I may downgrade the PD further to a 6D unit, which will boost JR 0.75/2 LYs further, but severely reduce it's attacking ability. I need to find out where the commodities are.........
I used it for the Witch Head II. In open. Only lost it twice to players.
Yeh, shields aren't right on that.

I used it for the Witch Head II. In open. Only lost it twice to players.
Yeh, shields aren't right on that.

That was a quick reply! I didn't get to finish my edit before you quoted me ;).
Ah yea, the WH II was much further out then even station repairs in the Pleiades! (y)

Its a longer distance CG there are Millions of tons if you have a cutter... T9 will be alot slower if you try to MAX out cargo instead of allowing more jump range...
This CG can't fail due to lack of stock.. there is way to much... open spoiler...

edit = O well messed up the images... will do better next time..

Which is why I have a FSD Booster in the additonal Class 1 slot on my T9. I'd usally use my Cutter but I wanted to play around in a T9 for a change.

Tier1 done ;)

Do I have to be a member of a Faction or Empire to participate in a Community Goal ?

You only need to open the Mission Board at the nearest starport and sign in for the Community Goal there. After you sign it, you'll the current progress info.

I'm at 25% now and certainly will make it to the top 10% (not aiming for top 10 though). I must say, this CG is as boring as Knaeckebrot and any other CG. Unfortunately I can't do the bounty hunting branch yet as I'm still waiting on my foot switches (currently no fast pip control, combat is no fun under this conditions). I'm only doing it at all cause the second one seems interesting with double Imp rep progress - that's what I was doing anyway right now (never flown a Cutter and I'm curious, that's why). Usually I don't side with the Imperials, but this time I will have to make an exception.

On a side note, when it comes to ARX collecting, this is actually the least worthy activity I've done since ARX was introduced. 😜
...where as doing the BH maxed out my Arx in a couple of hours. :D

Brought the Kobayashi Maru, my armed trading Conda, from her new home at WitchHead Nebula to help. Here we go!.

I brought the "Harbinger" my dedicated combat Vette for the BH CG.
I'm thinking of ordering my Cutter the "Conquest" to come over too for the cargo side of this story.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom