Why can’t Planet Coaster come to Switch

When I seen Planet Coaster announced last night for console I was happy then I seen that it’s not coming to my favorite console why is that I have got a feeling that Frontier Developments hates the Switch because they haven’t released any games for it even the Wii U had a game please Frontier Developments bring games to Switch

It’s not possible to run PC on PS4 or Xbox One

It will be as of summer 2020.

But I don't think you can compare xbox/playstation HARDWARE with what the Switch got.

It's like asking for a Battlefield game to come to the Gameboy.

It will be as of summer 2020.

But I don't think you can compare xbox/playstation HARDWARE with what the Switch got.

It's like asking for a Battlefield game to come to the Gameboy.
Switch is a home console aswell and there will be a upgraded Switch comeing soon so why can’t they announce it for that

Even a switch with more power (speculations: +25%) won't be able to run those ones that will be programmed for ps4 and xbox. Also ps4 and xbox won't get the pc version of PC. Even that hardwares haven't enough power to deliver the same experience as on pc.

So
Even a switch with more power (speculations: +25%) won't be able to run those ones that will be programmed for ps4 and xbox. Also ps4 and xbox won't get the pc version of PC. Even that hardwares haven't enough power to deliver the same experience as on pc.
So Planet Coaster will never come to a Nintendo console it would be great if Frontier made a theme park game exclusive to switch

So

So Planet Coaster will never come to a Nintendo console it would be great if Frontier made a theme park game exclusive to switch

The Problem is, as of now we really don't know the specs for the Switch "Pro" and if it has enough power to run Planet Coaster. But taking that aside: Developing a good game takes a lot of Resources in Manpower and Money, so Frontier has to see if the Market is big enough for the Game to be a Success. They are the ones to decide if a Game exclusive (or maybe ported over to other Consoles) is worth the investment. As of recently, they are primarily a PC (Personal Computer) Developer. But of course that doesn't mean that a Theme Park Game from Frontier is completely impossible for the Switch in the Future.

Last edited:
I am not familiar with the Switch architecture but I do know porting games to Nintendo platforms used to be a nightmare. I used to work at a game company that was doing a port for a previous console and it was awful. Also there may be contractual stipulations that would keep it off the Switch as well as resource issues. By 'resource' I mean both Frontier developer resources and what the system can handle.

lol, some people are unbelievable.. how do you expect to run this game on switch? lmao. Do you realize the amount of power you need to manage just only all the people in the park specially in situations of massive attendance?. You need a decent pc to run this game when thousands of people are in the park, i cant imagine how badly will run in a switch console. Why people make so dumb questions... escapes me.

It never ceases to amaze me how people don't understand why Planet Coaster, or any other heavy resourced game, may not be able to work on their system, be it PC, Mac, console, and even mobile.
I'm excited for the new MSFS 2000, but i know that I will need to buy or build a new pc, in order for it to work.

It never ceases to amaze me how people don't understand why Planet Coaster, or any other heavy resourced game, may not be able to work on their system, be it PC, Mac, console, and even mobile.
I'm excited for the new MSFS 2000, but i know that I will need to buy or build a new pc, in order for it to work.
Well here is a thing we all tend to forget. Not all of us have a (basic) understanding of how Hardware and Software works. Some of us just enjoy games and don't think about the technicality. We should not assume that everybody knows how it works and what the limits are. So i can understand why some people ask this Question.

But the Switch has an advantage over Xbox and ps4. It’s portable like a game boy. I think Atari was releasing one of their crappy coaster games for Switch.

Well, remember, Atari owns the rights to the RCT franchise, so why on earth would they pay the licensing fees for Planet Coaster when they already own the competition? Or at least what used to be the competition.

Why would Atari own RCT when Frontier developed RCT3? Does Frontier still own the rights to RCT3? Did Frontier or Chris Sawyer sell the rights to RCT to Atari? I thought Atari was just a publisher for RCT3?

Top Bottom