ANNOUNCEMENT January Update - Beta Announcement

Game breaking bugs? Nothing in that list stops me playing Elite Dangerous.

I'd much rather have had fleet carriers rather than some minor bug fixes most of which you could have added in with fleet carriers.
You listened to the petition and that was a mistake. There will just be a any bugs post beta testing, you was correct in not doing betas, this is a backward step which slows down the development of the game.

@Stephen Benedetti : I know you said the above is not exhaustive, but I really hope that you fix the broken Codex things. At the very least all the ones where things can't be scanned, fail to register on the Codex, and so on. Plenty of explorers would appreciate that, and these bugs have been present for almost a year now, with Chapter Four's release.

Thargoid ships are not the only NPC's that are cheating. human NPC's are the same.
100% of the time. I took out FSD and the npc will high wake out. 100% of the time I took out shield gens and they still have shield coming online. 100% of all sub targets taken out and they still using them like it was not damaged at all. Your team should look at all NPC's across the board.

Why is my 'thing' not on the list!?
And what about (big list of stuff already mentioned in OP)?
And also (loads of stuff unrelated to beta testing)?
And don't forget (stuffs that are not bugs just a lack of understanding how the game works).
Game's dead, doom! etc.
:D

Edit: Sorry, forgot about...
Will you fix (stuffs FDev have repeatedly said cannot be fixed ever).

Last edited:
I know I'm strapping a giant fusion bomb to a can of petrol which is falling into a star which is falling towards a puppy which is on a planet falling into a black hole thats about to merge with another black hole circling Thors armpit, but....

....if you want to test network resilience for free why not make the beta Open only? None of it matters at all except testing- and what better way than stress test the lot? A number of bugs don't really manifest unless you have large groups in one place (like the heat bug / asteroid mining) and since this beta is not a new features build (and about the same as the regular build) it might not attract huge amounts of testers to really see these situations crop up.

And before the pitchforks come out- this is about testing and actually finding things that need fixing.
i am one of the biggest defenders of the modes.... but given what happens in beta stays in beta, and part of any testing should include the robustness of the online code....... you would get no complaints from me. (I actually tend to do betas in open anyway tbh)

Will the longstanding issue of stars rendering in squares when outside of the bubble get looked at in this update? That's been annoying explorers for a very long time.

Well, I’m glad some long term problems will be looked at.

But seriously... did it really have to take several seriously broken updates for you to finally fix female SLF voices (and to basically admit E:D has tons of problems)?
And I’m not counting the hundreds of other issues...

I am just wondering why weren't these issues fixed a long time ago...

Last edited:
Game breaking bugs? Nothing in that list stops me playing Elite Dangerous.

I'd much rather have had fleet carriers rather than some minor bug fixes most of which you could have added in with fleet carriers.
You listened to the petition and that was a mistake. There will just be a any bugs post beta testing, you was correct in not doing betas, this is a backward step which slows down the development of the game.

The worst part is it reinforces design by tantrum.

Black screen after respawn in CQC / Game crashing ?!?!?!?!

Dear Fdev..... No one plays CQC. Just stop it, stop it now, you're making this <nope>up!
CQC is really good. out of a choice of playing any other arena shooter out there, CQC would be my choice. I do get it, perhaps FD could have spent CQC devtime on something actually in game rather than make a companion app..... but that time is spent now, given it is 80% of the way to being a damn good arcade shooter in its own right i personally think FD should make the final push and add a few bells and whistles = as well as a couple of new maps.

oh and add arx earning to them ;)

I'm glad they acknowledged the most important bugs, so that's cool. However, 'm not really stoked about the solution to the long loading times with the FSS and geological sites. If there are no geological sites, the planet already loads (almost) instantly. If there are, you gotta wait half a minute to resolve how many. So you already know wether there are geological sites or not. How many there are really isn't a factor for me in deciding wether to go there or not. I would just like the loading times reduced.
This feels like a workaround. So I guess that actually reducing those loading times isn't possible. Ah well 🤷‍♂️

Glad with the other ones though. NPC's not talking, keyboard freezes etc. some good fixes in there.

The worst part is it reinforces design by tantrum.
i really doubt (I really hope not anyway) FD chose a quite large change in development direction based on a petition written by a couple of youtubers. IMO FD knew they had a problem, and the September update kind of highlighted it and finally forced FDs hand. (and I say that regardless of whether i happen to agree with what it is in the petition or not as my views are not really relevant)

Indeed IF said influencers are patting themselves on the back thinking they forced FD to do something that FD didnt already think was necessary, I think (hope) it is just them having an overinflated view of their own importance. (no offence intended)

OTOH IF I am wrong and IF FD have done it to keep those people happy..... @all youtube influencers.... please can you make an open letter about npc crew and wingmates ;)

Top Bottom