Half Life Alyx: new official VR title in the series

Seems also almost complete ? There were very few leaks that i can remember (only them working on a VR title). Still it's a filler and not HL3..

Looks good but I'm done with pre-ordering so I can wait for reviews in March and pay full price if it gets a good reception

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Also, presenting this just 5 mere months before release. Outrageous. Where were my pic-o-the-week for the past year!

Meh. Didnt get my buying pants on. Never been a huge HL fan anyways.
Good games back in the days but its 2019.. there has been a LOT of way better games than those since.

Good games back in the days but its 2019.. there has been a LOT of way better games than those since.
True. HL3 "happened" kinda through a lot of other excellent games. This one will be in direct competition with Atomic Heart and CP 2077... So yeah, it's VR and inherently awesome, but while i love VR i think it's way better suited to simulators and space games, and this is a FPS. It would be alright with a slower paced game like SOMA (and even there are some frantic moments in that one..), it works wonders with a 3rd person game like Edge of Nowhere but for a FPS i still have my doubts. We'll see.

Look forward to this but a 10% discount is little incentive to preorder on a platform that has so many points of failure and changes so often. Will my rift, satellites and touch controllers still work in March next year? Dunno, it's a good medium for impulse purchases and free games but tricky to plan ahead where you might not have the same space, kit and set-up as circumstances change.

Last edited:
Top Bottom