Cobra MK4 now available on PS4?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I saw on the Black Friday sale you can buy the Cobra MK4 paint job on the PS4, which Frontier have said they're looking into making available. So I snapped it, but the ship isn't in the ship yard at Jameson.

Are there any stations it's definitely there to purchase? Has Frontier said if the Cobra MK4 should be available now?

Dodgy off-screen proof:

Source: https://youtu.be/PH0EdSzjdM0

EDIT: FDev has responded it was bad coding, and not meant to be on the PS4 store. See below:

Hello Commanders,

The Cobra MK IV Midnight Black Paint Job was erroneously shown in-game on PlayStation 4. We have since removed it and apologise for any confusion this may have caused.

We have nothing to announce regarding the Cobra MK IV’s availability on PlayStation 4 at the current time. If you have purchased the Paint Job on PlayStation 4, please get in touch with our Customer Support team.

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D
OP had has an interesting bargaining chip now.

There's no longer just "I wants it" like this community so eloquently puts it... OP has now actually purchased a product.

FD has to respond somehow.

But you don't deserve it 😜

Xbox players got it offered after the PC exclusive closed, which is why FDev thought they deserved parity at a later date?

This specifically is much more about the Xbox Commanders having the same opportunity as PC players had.

I understand the statement you're making and the feedback is valued. However, to be clear, if we didn't make this available for Xbox players it would have then become unfair to them (as they couldn't have purchased at that time).

Ultimately this should be a positive thing, for the Xbox Community answering the questions they have been asking about the Cobra MK IV but instead seems to be slipping into a debate about the finer points of shorter term promotional offers.

Xbox players got it offered after the PC exclusive closed, which is why FDev thought they deserved parity at a later date?

It was a joke. Hence the smiley.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
I saw on the Black Friday sale you can buy the Cobra MK4 paint job on the PS4, which Frontier have said they're looking into making available. So I snapped it, but the ship isn't in the ship yard at Jameson.

Are there any stations it's definitely there to purchase? Has Frontier said if the Cobra MK4 should be available now?

Dodgy off-screen proof:

Source: https://youtu.be/PH0EdSzjdM0
I'd suggest that you raise a bug-report - as we haven't had any official recent statement regarding a change to the lack of availability of the Cobra MkIV on the PS4.

Deleted member 110222

D
The thing is that now frontier have mistakenly sold a product for a ship people cannot own. I assume that a refund will be required as a minimum? Previously console owners could not buy a cobra 4 skin if they weren’t eligible to buy the ship in game.
Exactly. FD can't just do nothing.

Otherwise I'd start doing my research to see if it counts as... You know.

What I'm loving about this is that whatever FD says to OP... The chosen response will provide massive revelation on FD's actual stance on this issue.

I think their time hiding it is up. Just need OP to keep us posted.

What happens if I was to transfer my account (with access to the CM4) to ps4...
I appreciate that it is described as a wealth transfer, but will it still give me access to the ship along with the other KS rewards (access to founders and the different start options)?

Similuraly, if I was to trandsfer to the xbox - which has access to the CM4 - would I still be able to buy it?

It's not something that I plan on doing but it would be interesting to hear if anyone else has done so.
link to faq: https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=380

Deleted member 110222

D
What happens if I was to transfer my account (with access to the CM4) to ps4...
I appreciate that it is described as a wealth transfer, but will it still give me access to the ship along with the other KS rewards (access to founders and the different start options)?

Similuraly, if I was to trandsfer to the xbox - which has access to the CM4 - would I still be able to buy it?

It's not something that I plan on doing but it would be interesting to hear if anyone else has done so.
link to faq: https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=380
No it won't. There's no such thing as an account transfer in ED. They just shift over credits.

No it won't. There's no such thing as an account transfer in ED. They just shift over credits.
Thanks. It wasn't clear from my reading of the faq's

I appreciate that many of us have commented on the availability of the CM4 (from both sides) multiple times over the years with no response from FD.
FD seem to put their head in the sand whenever there is a difficult decision to make, especially one where it reflects badly on a previous (unwise) but of wording in a communication, so hopefully this action by Stinja will get FD to actually make a decision rather than constantly ducking this issue.

I suspect that the cmdr will just get a refund and a "soz - we done a mistake, k thnx bi" with no long term solution or decision.

Deleted member 110222

D
Thanks. It wasn't clear from my reading of the faq's

I appreciate that many of us have commented on the availability of the CM4 (from both sides) multiple times over the years with no response from FD.
FD seem to put their head in the sand whenever there is a difficult decision to make, especially one where it reflects badly on a previous (unwise) but of wording in a communication, so hopefully this action by Stinja will get FD to actually make a decision rather than constantly ducking this issue.

I suspect that the cmdr will just get a refund and a "soz - we done a mistake, k thnx bi" with no long term solution or decision.
Oh yeah I'm not getting my hopes up that this suddenly means everyone gets the ship.

But as this community likes to say. "Actions must have consequences."

This applies to FD too. They made a mistake. They now have to explain why Stinja can't use the product he paid for. There is no escaping this.

If they choose to just give his money back I respect that. But the jig is up. Frontier now have to give actual feedback and information is valuable no matter what it is.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom