Temperature Control

Frontier is a British company and in the UK we use Celsius so I guess that would be the reason why it's automatically set as Celsius but I'm surprised they haven't even added the option for Fahrenheit like most games do. It's not a game limited to Britain. 🤔

Yeah, I figure it's just an oversight, but when the update hit this morning and I didn't see it in there, i thought I would mention it.

Another update and still no way to change the temp to Fahrenheit? it can't be that complicated to add this as an option...

Another update and still no way to change the temp to Fahrenheit? it can't be that complicated to add this as an option...
This type of thing won't be seen as a huge problem compared to others like random crashes, animals running through walls and even the 20+ breeding notifications we now get every minute. They will see it as...."Until we add it just use Google to convert it..." kinda thing for now. 😕

LOL

This game has a ton of game-breaking bugs that have to be addressed. Introducing non-standard temperature units certainly isn't something urgent.

LOL

This game has a ton of game-breaking bugs that have to be addressed. Introducing non-standard temperature units certainly isn't something urgent.
They were simply stating that being such a small thing they are surprised the devs didn't add it in the small patch. No need to be rude about it. 😕

I can understand the desire to use Fahrenheit instead of Celsius, certainly, and hopefully it's something they can add in the future. But I gotta say, as an American who has never really understood Celsius all that much, I've just adapted my way of thinking about it. I never think about it in terms of "what is the temperature in Fahrenheit?" but rather just look at it as a number to match when setting up heaters and coolers in my animals' habitats.

As a side affect of that, I do feel like I'm coming to better understand the correlation of Celsius to what I understand as being comfortable, too hot, too cold, etc. :)

I can understand the desire to use Fahrenheit instead of Celsius, certainly, and hopefully it's something they can add in the future. But I gotta say, as an American who has never really understood Celsius all that much, I've just adapted my way of thinking about it. I never think about it in terms of "what is the temperature in Fahrenheit?" but rather just look at it as a number to match when setting up heaters and coolers in my animals' habitats.

As a side affect of that, I do feel like I'm coming to better understand the correlation of Celsius to what I understand as being comfortable, too hot, too cold, etc. :)
I'm British so I use Celsius and I don't understand Fahrenheit at all. Yet my mother uses FH so I'm just like...What? 😅 If the temperature is 25°C that's 77 FH (based on Google) which is HOT. It might not be for you as an American who will be use to extreme heat (assuming you live somewhere hot such as California), but it is a hot temperature. 30°C which is 86 FH is like desert heat over here for us in the UK. 😂 Just remember that anything over 20°C is hot and you're good. 🤣

I'm British so I use Celsius and I don't understand Fahrenheit at all. Yet my mother uses FH so I'm just like...What? 😅 If the temperature is 25°C that's 77 FH (based on Google) which is HOT. It might not be for you as an American who will be use to extreme heat (assuming you live somewhere hot such as California), but it is a hot temperature. 30°C which is 86 FH is like desert heat over here for us in the UK. 😂 Just remember that anything over 20°C is hot and you're good. 🤣

HAHAH!! I know what you mean, actually!! I grew up, and currently live, in the western part of Oregon (on the west coast of the US), which for most of the year has temperatures and weather conditions very similar to what you get in the UK, at least as I understand it. Averages around 50-70 F in the spring and fall, and very rare to get snow in the winter. Where I'm at in particular we can occasionally reach upwards of 100 in the summer, and I haaaaaaaaate it!! But I have also lived in other states where it is normal to be in the mid to high 90s in the summer, nearly every day, and snow on the ground most of the winter. For the most part I'm fine with snow, but I am absolutely MISERABLE in the summer in those kind of temperatures!!!

I'm a bit of an odd man out because my ideal day is somewhere right around 70 F, and raining. Rain gives me life. (Overbearing heat and sunlight bring out my inner mode.) Also, as much as I love Oregon, I have often thought that if I could move to any other country in the world, I'd love to move to somewhere in the UK. Some of my favorite TV shows are out of the UK, so I feel like I know the culture there better than, say, your average American would. (Not that you can fully understand/learn culture from a particular country based solely on their movies/tv shows.) Between that and the weather, I think I'd be very happy living over there.

...Sorry for totally derailing the topic at hand. LOL

A rough guide would be -
0 freezing
10 cold
20 nice
30 a bit too warm
40 stinking hot
100 boiling.

Hundreds of years in the future, Imperial measurements are finally abandoned due to the realisation by the US of A that they are silly. Thus, the simulation is accurate.

Z...

Jeez, you Brits have a funny idea of extreme. I grew up in the American Midwest, hot summers in the 90s FH and cold winters below freezing. 77 is a fairly comfy room temp for me (petite female)... granted I moved to Southern California a few months ago to escape those horrible winters. 60s-80s most of the year is absolute paradise. I never want to see snow again.

Top Bottom