More store woes

On top of the Cobra Mk IV Stygian paint issues in the store, now discovered the Imperial Clipper Midnight Black skin doesn't show up in the menu. It does when you click on it so that's something i guess. Yet again another fail from FD when it comes to checking stuff.

Imperial Clipper midnight black.jpg

Hmm, OK, yeah, I can reproduce it.. But only in a very specific set of circumstances - need to filter for "Colour: Black" and "Style: Midnight Black". It appears quite normally otherwise.

EDIT: And what is the other issue you are referring to? Not the purchaser misunderstanding what Stygian means, I hope? On that topic, I don't know why you'd use the web based store to buy in game stuff - buying in game means you get an actual realtime preview. The Vibrant Purple on the web store looks almost nothing like it does on my Python - I bought it in game though, so I knew what it looked like.

Last edited:
Why not create a real-time preview also in the store with a simulation ?

:)

Snarky first response:

The ingame store has a proper preview, why should they add one to the web store? :p

More thoughtful second response:

I'm not sure what kind of tech you are going to use to get that to work, remembering the different platforms, browsers and individual configs involved.. And it would need to be 100% accurate, or you'd end up with the same complaints. :unsure:

Snarky first response:

The ingame store has a proper preview, why should they add one to the web store? :p

More thoughtful second response:

I'm not sure what kind of tech you are going to use to get that to work, remembering the different platforms, browsers and individual configs involved.. And it would need to be 100% accurate, or you'd end up with the same complaints. :unsure:
I was just thinking of a generalist type simulation in a small video for each platform.

On top of the Cobra Mk IV Stygian paint issues in the store, now discovered the Imperial Clipper Midnight Black skin doesn't show up in the menu. It does when you click on it so that's something i guess. Yet again another fail from FD when it comes to checking stuff.

View attachment 153844
Not exactly a store "woe": you admitted you can see the paint job by clicking on the panel, so what is your problem? 🤷‍♂️

Not exactly a store "woe": you admitted you can see the paint job by clicking on the panel, so what is your problem? 🤷‍♂️

The blindingly obvious not so clear for you then. Look at the original post, image of the ship missing? I can't honestly make it any clearer than that. Would you be happier if no ship images were there, but that's ok, as long when you click on it then it shows up.... doh

Hmm, OK, yeah, I can reproduce it.. But only in a very specific set of circumstances - need to filter for "Colour: Black" and "Style: Midnight Black". It appears quite normally otherwise.

EDIT: And what is the other issue you are referring to? Not the purchaser misunderstanding what Stygian means, I hope? On that topic, I don't know why you'd use the web based store to buy in game stuff - buying in game means you get an actual realtime preview. The Vibrant Purple on the web store looks almost nothing like it does on my Python - I bought it in game though, so I knew what it looked like.

I never said i bought the Stygian paint for the Cobra Mk. IV from the web based store as the C4 isn't even listed as a ship you can choose. The ones in the store all have the wrong names on them, already covered in another thread

The blindingly obvious not so clear for you then. Look at the original post, image of the ship missing? I can't honestly make it any clearer than that. Would you be happier if no ship images were there, but that's ok, as long when you click on it then it shows up.... doh

Given that it's probably an error caused by the code to display the image, it's hardly a huge issue.. In fact, it seems you are getting angry and bent out of shape over a 2 pixel error..

I never said i bought the Stygian paint for the Cobra Mk. IV from the web based store as the C4 isn't even listed as a ship you can choose. The ones in the store all have the wrong names on them, already covered in another thread

I had no idea which issue you referred to, tis why I asked. I don't and won't use the web store for the reasons I've listed. Again, a minor issue with site coding and not something to get worked up about..

I didn't 'misunderstand what Stygian means.' I knew what it meant before I purchased the skin. It's the inadequacy of the preview system in limited cases to fully and accurately portray paint jobs with reflective/specular maps.

Yes, Stygian means dark and murky, but... how dark? and how murky? These qualities can't accurately be seen until after you purchase the skin and take your ship for a spin outside the station.

Top Bottom