Dinosaurs and extinct animals DLC

Lots of people do, lots of people don't. There's a great divide, but I guess that counts for other potential DLC themes as well (like marine animals).

no, not all of us. not in a zoo game.
They aren't mutually exclusive. Look at the original Zoo Tycoon games and every Wildlife Park game. You can absolutely have extinct animals in a zoo game.

I would also like to contest that the original poster is being a bit spammy with their wishes, and the generalizations certainly aren't helping their case.

No we don’t. Please don’t speak for the entire community. A lot of us don’t want dinosaurs or extinct animals. If you would like something then base it solely off you.
Not everyone else. This is a zoo game, there are so many other dinosaur games.
I'm sorry. I understand. Just... Where is the problem with to have a dinosaurs or animals like dodo or elasmotherium in a zoo? In Zoo Tycoon it was great. There are dinosaurs games like JWE but nothing like Planet Zoo... And... Imagine... You can build a really big habitat for Tyranosaurus... You can actually build it. In JWR you can just simply put them into habitat... But Planet Zoo is diferent and this idea is awesome. And please sorry for my english if there is mistake.

Last edited:
I'm sorry. I understand. Just... Where is the problem with to have a dinosaurs or animals like dodo or elasmotherium in a zoo? In Zoo Tycoon it was great. There are dinosaurs games like JWE but nothing like Planet Zoo... And... Imagine... You can build a really big habitat for Tyranosaurus... You can actually build. In JWR there is simple put them into habitat... But Planet Zoo is diferent and this idea is awesome. And please sorry for my english if there is mistake.
There's a lot of traditionally-minded people here. Believe me, I've tried to persude people to being more open about DLC possibilities. I haven't been able to change anyone's views unfortunately.

There's a lot of traditionally-minded people here. Believe me, I've tried to persude people to being more open about DLC possibilities. I haven't been able to change anyone's views unfortunately.
But tradition is Zoo Tycoon... Zoo Tycoon 1 was released in 2001 and of course in DLC were Dinosaurs... And... all these years a games... Zoo Tycoon 2, Wildlife Parks... There were always dinosaurs so there isn't any point of that dinosaurs can't be in zoo... There are extinct but where is a meaning of it? If they want only real things they should built zoo in real life because Planet Zoo is just a game and of course reality isn't even close.

And why we as a players should want limit the possibilities. If someone want to have dinsaur in a zoo... where is a problem? Another one can just simply don't buy this DLC...

But tradition is Zoo Tycoon... Zoo Tycoon 1 was released in 2001 and of course in DLC were Dinosaurs... And... all these years a games... Zoo Tycoon 2, Wildlife Parks... There were always dinosaurs so there isn't any point of that dinosaurs can't be in zoo... There are extinct but where is a meaning of it? If they want only real things they should built zoo in real life because Planet Zoo is just a game and of course reality isn't even close.
What people seem to be hung up on is the conservation and realism themes being presented with the game. It denies that not only can these themes be tossed aside for DLC (see Zoo Tycoon 2 as an example of not sticking to conservation in order to cater to more interests), but that the game actually truthfully follows them (ex. floating islands, snow being a terrain option, gravity-defying objects).

To be fair..Frontier has Jurassic World Evolution if people really want dinosaurs. In my opinion, it would be a bit strange to incorporate dinosaurs into Planet Zoo with that being the case. Extinct mammals, maybe.

They aren't mutually exclusive. Look at the original Zoo Tycoon games and every Wildlife Park game. You can absolutely have extinct animals in a zoo game.

I would also like to contest that the original poster is being a bit spammy with their wishes, and the generalizations certainly aren't helping their case.
there should be living animal dlc´s first and if i want to play zoo tycoon I would buy that game

Why is that a problem?

Build a world for wildlife in Planet Zoo. From the developers of Planet Coaster and Zoo Tycoon comes the ultimate zoo sim. Construct detailed habitats, manage your zoo, and meet authentic living animals who think, feel and explore the world you create around them.

Because non-living animals aren't mentioned in the game's tagline. They mention "authentic living animals". So there is no place for "authentic dead animals"

Because non-living animals aren't mentioned in the game's tagline. They mention "authentic living animals". So there is no place for "authentic dead animals"
Extinct animals were just like tigers know. Why they can't add like something like that we will searching for genes and we will be able create animals that were living so the become to be authentic living animals.

Extinct animals were just like tigers know. Why they can't add like something like that we will searching for genes and we will be able create animals that were living so the become to be authentic living animals.

I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in being a matchmaker for existing and extinct animals.

Looking at the number of species today:

Animal group​
Number of species​
Vertebrates
Amphibians​
6,199​
Birds​
9,956​
Fish​
30,000​
Mammals​
5,416​
Reptiles​
8,240​
Subtotal​
59,811​
Invertebrates
Insects​
950,000​
Molluscs​
81,000​
Crustaceans​
40,000​
Corals​
2,175​
Others​
130,200​
Subtotal​
1,203,375​
I'd rather have the other 1.263.113‬ species first. After that there is plenty of time to look at anything that went extinct.

Were they in the tagline for Zoo Tycoon? Or Wildlife Park?

Do those games even have a tagline?

Top Bottom