ANNOUNCEMENT Join us for the Elite Dangerous 5th Anniversary!

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager
ED_5th_anniversary_900x500.jpg

Greetings Commanders,

It felt like only yesterday that we were celebrating 35 years of Elite, and next week is call for another celebration... the 5th anniversary of Elite Dangerous. Since the launch of the Kickstarter, we've seen commanders across PC, PlayStation and Xbox come together to blaze their trails across the Milky Way.

This birthday is yours as much as it is ours, and we want to thank each and every Commander who has joined us since Elite Dangerous first launched! We'll be celebrating our 5th Anniversary across all our social channels, so mark the following dates in your holo-diaries and be ready to party on the 16 December!

Anniversary Community Goal
Celebrate in-game by signing up for the Year’s End Festivities in Reorte Community Goals!
  • Imports for Year’s End Festivities - Deliver Animal Meat, Fish, Fruit and Vegetables, Beer, Lavian Brandy, Anduliga Fire Works and Eranin Pearl Whisky to Davies High in the Reorte system.
  • Security for Year’s End Festivities - Deliver Bounty Vouchers to Davies High in the Reorte system.
    • Start Date - 12 December @ 15:00 (UTC)
    • End Date - 18 December @ 15:00 (UTC)
By taking part in the Anniversary Community Goal, Commanders will be awarded a cargo-bay full of credits and the... Cobra Mk III Iridescent Gleam Paint Job (pictured below!)

IridescentHighColour_02_FORC_FDEV_V_COBRA_1189_Stars_1920.jpg

Anniversary Livestream
This year, we're also going to be taking a look back at the history of Elite Dangerous, the amazing stories from you, our community of commanders, and more! Join the community team and developer guests for our 5th Anniversary livestream on 16 December at 12:00 (UTC).
  • Topic – Mega-awesome 5th Anniversary birthday stream!
  • Date – 16 December 2019
  • Time – 12:00 (UTC)
  • WhereYouTube, Twitch and Mixer

We hope that you have enjoyed the last five years as much as we have, and cannot wait to continue traversing the Elite Dangerous galaxy together for years to come!

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders,

It felt like only yesterday that we were celebrating 35 years of Elite, and next week is call for another celebration... the 5th anniversary of Elite Dangerous. Since the launch of the Kickstarter, we've seen commanders across PC, PlayStation and Xbox come together to blaze their trails across the Milky Way.

This birthday is yours as much as it is ours, and we want to thank each and every Commander who has joined us since Elite Dangerous first launched! We'll be celebrating our 5th Anniversary across all our social channels, so mark the following dates in your holo-diaries and be ready to party on the 16 December!

Anniversary Community Goal
Celebrate in-game by signing up for the Year’s End Festivities in Reorte Community Goals!
  • Imports for Year’s End Festivities - Deliver Animal Meat, Fish, Fruit and Vegetables, Beer, Lavian Brandy, Anduliga Fire Works and Eranin Pearl Whisky to Davies High in the Reorte system.
  • Security for Year’s End Festivities - Deliver Bounty Vouchers to Davies High in the Reortesystem.
    • Start Date - 12 December @ 15:00 (UTC)
    • End Date - 18 December @ 15:00 (UTC)
By taking part in the Anniversary Community Goal, Commanders will be awarded a cargo-bay full of credits and the... Cobra Mk III Iridescent Gleam Paint Job (pictured below!)

Anniversary Livestream
This year, we're also going to be taking a look back at the history of Elite Dangerous, the amazing stories from you, our community of commanders, and more! Join the community team and developer guests for our 5th Anniversary livestream on 16 December at 12:00 (UTC).
  • Topic – Mega-awesome 5th Anniversary birthday stream!
  • Date – 16 December 2019
  • Time – 12:00 (UTC)
  • WhereYouTube, Twitch and Mixer

We hope that you have enjoyed the last five years as much as we have, and cannot wait to continue traversing the Elite Dangerous galaxy together for years to come!

Hello! it’s very good of course, I’ll look at it with pleasure, and I’ll even like it, but, excuse my directness, you will be complete "censorship" (pick a curse to your taste ), if you still don’t tell anything about your “new era”.

Last edited:

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Look forward to it: and this will be an excellent time for any 2020 teasing

HINT HINT HINT WINK NUDGE

Hello Commanders! The festivities we have planned are largely retrospective, looking back over the last five years of Elite Dangerous and the incredible community who have been along for the ride! We will not be revealing any new content during this period.

Curse you!

(I havn't had any time to log on for more than a few weeks... now I may need to find that time... but I'm still closer to Sag A* than home)

Hello Commanders! The festivities we have planned are largely retrospective, looking back over the last five years of Elite Dangerous and the incredible community who have been along for the ride! We will not be revealing any new content during this period.
Can you comment on the fact that Frontier has broken from previous policy and attempting to apply the EULA to outside platforms?

Curse you!

(I havn't had any time to log on for more than a few weeks... now I may need to find that time... but I'm still closer to Sag A* than home)

I'm on the other side of Sag A* heading for BP. I guess I won't be getting any rewards then 😢

Cobra Mk III Iridescent Gleam Paint Job!!!! I've been waiting for this all my life! Its the best reward ever for any community goal! And a "cargo-bay full of credits" means i can have at least 32 tons of credits on my Cobra (the ship i use daily ofc), just great!..............

Last edited:

Respectfully, I believe this is the wrong decision. It's the perfect opportunity, even if it's just going more in-depth about Fleet Carriers.
What good is looking into the past, if we don't also look to the future?

I'll be there! I do hope you have a fix in the wings for the rubber banding that happens in busy instances since the September update, as it really detracts from "community" events.

ps - we're holding you to the "for years to come" promise! ;)

Top Bottom