Slow Down Time Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I missed. Do you have a link? Great news if they've acknowledged it and are looking into it.
Yes I do have a link to it 🙂: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/planet-zoo-update-1-0-3.531123/post-8164470 ... she wrote it in the (PlanetZoo stream) chat on Nov. 13th too, she further wrote there, that she can't say more to it yet. That's why I'm confident that we will read more when decisions are made. 😊

Edit: You don't need to be sorry... here are so many threads and so many posts you can't read everything 😉

Last edited:
Sorry, I missed. Do you have a link? Great news if they've acknowledged it and are looking into it.

Yes I do have a link to it 🙂: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/planet-zoo-update-1-0-3.531123/post-8164470 ... she wrote it in the (PlanetZoo stream) chat on Nov. 13th too, she further wrote there, that she can't say more to it yet. That's why I'm confident that we will read more when decisions are made. 😊

Edit: You don't need to be sorry... here are so many threads and so many posts you can't read everything 😉

Thanks, guys! That's awesome news and lifts my spirits greatly. That's all I was looking for at this stage, an acknowledgement that they're looking into solutions. I, and many others here, understand that simulation speed isn't an easy thing to change due to how much it influences. I'm personally happy to wait for a proper solution, even if it takes months.

100% agree! There are allot of variables in this game. If you are not really into building but are more into the animal care and management, the game speed is way to fast. I am always getting notifications of to much litter in the zoo, even though I have my care takers in work zones, I am always having to personally move them toward the trash to clean it up. While this is happening I have vandalism (and since there is no easy way to spot which screens are broken or which trash can has been knocked over I have to go searching around for them which takes time, why can't mechanics fix these things???). You also have overcrowding, inbreeding, alpha male fights, birth, animal stress levels ( this is about the worst part of the game because there is no indication of why the animal is stressed, so I cant help them), staying on top of research, random diseases (had a whole habitat almost get completely wiped out because time was flying way to fast and I missed the notification for disease because I was getting so many other notifications. I HATE the fact that when you have multiple notifications it just lumps them together and says " multiple issues (14)" but doesn't tell me what they are. I can't fix what I don't know).

Things can get out of control very quickly, and when I buy a game I don't purchase to sit on pause for 90% of the time. for example in about a 10 minute period, I was over run with gharial because they can have up to 9 babies at a time, and in ten minutes she gave birth 2 or 3 times. I ended up with 16 babies and a heavy food bill that tanked profits for a while because in a blink of an eye back to back pregnancies were happening at the same time as so many other things. You just can't keep up unless you stay paused but then nothing at all is happening. They can keep the speed, just add in slower speed options is all I really want.

I've been aware of this as a topic, and confess I wasn't bothered by the speed and didn't really pay attention to the discussion until now, and although I'm having fun (bugs an' all,) the speed is definitely becoming an issue for me.

My Franchise Zoo now has 166 animals in it, all in reasonable habitats with the appropriate number of animals for each - so no stupidly large enclosures where I've lost track of numbers and things have run riot. I've got the zoo running smoothly, but I'm now basically having to play Whack-a-mole with animal management. I thought perhaps it was a purposeful game system, to push me into managing the animal population further by putting them on contraception, but this seems a bit at odds with the gene selection mechanic, putting animals on the Animal Trading Market and the Community Challenges, which all encourge you to breed animals.

I've researched 22 of the habitat animals and I'd really like a bigger zoo (obvs!) but I can't help feeling the problem will only be exacerbated by adding more. I appreciate there are the other modes, where we can now toggle things on/off and smell the roses, but surely we're being encouraged to play Franchise because it will keep the online exchange of animals healthy, but for me, Franchise is just starting to feel a bit frantic, number-crunchy, and possibly un-fun. Just. I'm still enjoying myself.

I like all the restrictions we have to butt up against, like the facilities etc, a game needs to have some problems to solve, but I want to enjoy managing my zoo in progress, not on permanent pause because I can't watch it happening without 5 billion things being born/stressed/escaped/fighting/dying every 10 seconds. I want to watch my elephants swimming for a bit.

So yes, TLDR, I'd like a decrease in the game speed as well.

Edit: It occurs to me that the issue is made worse by the current UI bugs where you can't filter animals etc. This is adding to the time/awkwardness of dealing with animal problems in the zoo.

Edit 2: btw, I think I'm playing the game well - at risk of sounding like a 'flex' I have just under $7million and 350000CC, and 7k guests - I know how to run my zoo. But I really don't think Franchise mode was designed as simply an Economy game.

Last edited:
way too fast in my opinion. I wish it could be slower in frainchise. I really love the Community Challenges and gameplay in these mode. But it's too rushy.

Last edited:
Not sure I've voiced my opinion on this, but I would like for time to go by slower as well. I like to play super relaxed sim/management games so the slower the better for me. The speed up option is always there for people who are into that.

I feel like time could stay the same if zoos could be self sustainable. After I created a habitat and assigned staff to it, I should never hear "X is hungry", or "X and Y will fight" again. Also, if you could automate breeding and releasing it would also make the game flow much better without changing the time.

I have literally had to stop playing the game because I find the current speed to be pretty much unplayable. I play zoo games because I find them relaxing, and they help with my anxiety (and I love getting to see the animals, that's always a fun bonus). But Planet Zoo has been the exact opposite of relaxing and for my own mental health I have decided I will not continue to play the game until we get some form of confirmation that time will be slowed down.

I stopped playing this game. As long the game only allows me to play in "stress" or "pause" mode ill not play this anymore. Steam Statistics shows me, im not the only one.
This game is not a challange at all. This game is only about reproducing, buy and sell virtual items. You can change the "items" to whatever you want and it will make no different. In the end, it's work, instead of fun. Im allmost at year 100 now and i do not remember any single animal. They come and go like nothing.

The game is called "Planet Zoo" and it looks like a Zoo - but the Zoo Feeling is absolutly missing.

Edit:
For example - currently 40,000 people are playing ETS2. An absolute niche game! It is 7 years old! Planet zoo is currently only played by 12,000 players. I would say, target audience missed. If I was responsible for the development of this game, I would call this a disaster - sorry.

Last edited:
I stopped playing this game. As long the game only allows me to play in "stress" or "pause" mode ill not play this anymore. Steam Statistics shows me, im not the only one.
This game is not a challange at all. This game is only about reproducing, buy and sell virtual items. You can change the "items" to whatever you want and it will make no different. In the end, it's work, instead of fun. Im allmost at year 100 now and i do not remember any single animal. They come and go like nothing.

The game is called "Planet Zoo" and it looks like a Zoo - but the Zoo Feeling is absolutly missing.

Edit:
For example - currently 40,000 people are playing ETS2. An absolute niche game! It is 7 years old! Planet zoo is currently only played by 12,000 players. I would say, target audience missed. If I was responsible for the development of this game, I would call this a disaster - sorry.

I wouldn't call it a disaster, but I have to agree that it doesn't feel like a Zoo game. I love Planet Zoo. It gives me so much room to grow and unleash my creativity. But in all honesty, I am a sandbox player and sandbox players are catered very well in this game. Management gamers and - lets call them zoo gamers - are not. The game needs to improve on the animal aspect. Make animals more unique, give them more personality and social interactions. Between each others and towards guests in my opinion. I still believe that we will make huge steps forward in the game towards more social interactions and more personality, but that doesn't mean that I'm not sometimes worried that the programming doesn't allow the huge individualism that was promise. For example, I don't see individuals argue more than others or whatever. Just species differences, but not individuals. And as far as I remember, that was what was said in one of the dev diaries.

Are there any news about slowing down time? I was excited about the game and hoped time would be slowed down in the full game. I played the full game for about 40 hours, but it wasn't entertaining at all for the time. And I decided I wouldn't play anymore, even though I'd love to. And the constant hope it changes ?. It is quite sad to see people having hundreds of millions of dollars and millions of tickets after months of playing. At the moment it is only an animal factory for me which is supported and challenged. So we've seen people like 10 of the simplest paddocks and just put a few in there and run the time even faster and only multiply. As I say, the animal factory is not a fun or a challenge for me.

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Are there any news about slowing down time? I was excited about the game and hoped time would be slowed down in the full game. I played the full game for about 40 hours, but it wasn't entertaining at all for the time. And I decided I wouldn't play anymore, even though I'd love to. And the constant hope it changes ?. It is quite sad to see people having hundreds of millions of dollars and millions of tickets after months of playing. At the moment it is only an animal factory for me which is supported and challenged. So we've seen people like 10 of the simplest paddocks and just put a few in there and run the time even faster and only multiply. As I say, the animal factory is not a fun or a challenge for me.

Yes, we are still looking at addressing the time in Planet Zoo. It's something that a lot of our community have feedback on, so it is something we'd like to look into. However, we have shared it will take a while for the devs to work on, as it is deeply ingrained in the code of the game; a lot of the game runs on the in-game time. As soon as we have anything to say on it, we will!

Yes, we are still looking at addressing the time in Planet Zoo. It's something that a lot of our community have feedback on, so it is something we'd like to look into. However, we have shared it will take a while for the devs to work on, as it is deeply ingrained in the code of the game; a lot of the game runs on the in-game time. As soon as we have anything to say on it, we will!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who understands the complexity we're dealing with here and is willing to wait. Planet Zoo is hopefully a game that we'll be enjoying for many years. Waiting a few weeks or even months for a big quality-of-life improvement is no issue!

Thanks for responding directly in this thread. I look forward to more news when it's ready.

Thanks Chante, really glad that this is finally starting to be acknowledged. Better late than never, but I still wonder: why did it have to take so long? These noises have been made since early beta and have been met with a wall of silence all the way through. Very frustrating, especially when there were calls for clarification about the time being sped up for beta and demonstration purposes, which were wholly ignored.

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Thanks Chante, really glad that this is finally starting to be acknowledged. Better late than never, but I still wonder: why did it have to take so long? These noises have been made since early beta and have been met with a wall of silence all the way through. Very frustrating, especially when there were calls for clarification about the time being sped up for beta and demonstration purposes, which were wholly ignored.

Hey @Whats0There! Here's multiple examples of the Bo responding to feedback regarding in-game time:

We are aware of the feedback regarding in-game time and we will look into it now that Beta has closed.
Thanks!

Hi Fedi, we've been addressing and acknowledging things left right and centre; it's a busy period and we have to prioritise things we can tackle short term before we can start addressing longer term fixes. Rest assured, they will happen.
We're very active here on the forum and on our social pages, but we have to ask you to be patient a bit longer until there's more information we can give you. Before you raise more concerns, please know that all feedback is constantly being relayed to the relevant teams and people are working very hard around the clock to address as much as possible.
Thanks for understanding.

It's something we are continuing to investigate, but as in-game time has an effect on many other things in the game, it's not something we can quickly sort out. Don't worry, the team is looking at solutions continuously.

Hello!
  • The feeding bug is something we're continuing to look into; we've reviewed a lot of parks over the past couple of weeks and 90% of the time there was no bug - so it's hard for us to nail down what is happening if it doesn't occur for our QA team. If you are experiencing the bug and are confident it will continue to happen, please do send us your save file (either via the Issue Tracker or community@frontier.co.uk) so we can look into it.
  • So far with every single update we've rolled out we've fixed these issues; likewise if a fix has not worked we have rolled back or done a hotfix, to ensure as many people as possible can play and nobody loses their save. If you personally have a save file that is bugged, then please do send them via the links above.
  • We can roll out updates on any day before Friday; the reason we don't update on Fridays is because our teams have a right to a weekend off as well, and we cannot expect them to be on call 24/7 to monitor and roll out updates. In terms of what gets fixed and what doesn't, we prioritise based on the following two things: the community's reports in the Issue Tracker, and our internal prioritisation based on the ease of the fix (e.g. some things are more elusive or, like "in-game time", the entire simulation relies on it) as well as some other factors. We've always been open about this process and explain where possible in case of delays, or ask for your patience as we look for more information. We cannot continuously put out fixes every day because A) there will be nothing to fix, things take time, and B) it's a huge drain on multiple internal teams, so we have to strike a balance. We also don't want to continuously interrupt people's saves/games with updates. Hope this makes sense!
  • This one really baffles me: we've been on the forums constantly, we've done lots of livestreams (and continue to do so), we are super active on social - we do our best to reply to everyone and make sure you feel heard. In terms of server maintenance, there's a pinned post in General Discussions as well as multiple posts on social and on here regarding what's happening. For some issues we might not have all the information, so we cannot reply to people until we do - but we are constantly talking to the rest of the team to make sure we can relay information as quickly and accurately as possible.
Happy to explain on things further if need be :)
Take care!

Thanks for your feedback, but please don't say we haven't been acknowledging it. We have been, and will continue to do so. We want everyone to have fun with Planet Zoo, and it is thanks to feedback like people have shared on the in-game time that the team can look at how to make Planet Zoo more enjoyable for all.

Hey @Whats0There! Here's multiple examples of the Bo responding to feedback regarding in-game time:
[snip]

Thanks for your feedback, but please don't say we haven't been acknowledging it. We have been, and will continue to do so. We want everyone to have fun with Planet Zoo, and it is thanks to feedback like people have shared on the in-game time that the team can look at how to make Planet Zoo more enjoyable for all.

I stand corrected. Bo's Oct 9 post did indeed acknowledge the complaint, so I was wrong to refer to Frontier's response as a wall of silence. Apparently I even liked that post at the time, so for some reason I forgot about it :oops: The lack of response on this topic during the Beta left a bad taste in my mouth, but especially now that a very concrete solution has been announced I certainly don't want to belabor the point any further. I am actually very impressed, since my two main concerns (Franchise being online only and the time issue) have now both been thoroughly addressed, which is more than I ever hoped for. You've won me over.

Top Bottom