When will I be able to use ARX to buy access to engineering?

Deleted member 110222

D
Frontier have stated that they are strongly opposed to any microtransactions that confer gameplay advantages, for reasons that I hope are obvious. They've held strong to this principle for 5 years now, I see no reason to believe that will change in the future.
So did Zenimax with their Crowns in ESO.

Last few months though... Guess what? ;)

I'd say you'd be very naive to think Frontier doesn't have a unannounced feature at the ready to deploy for whatever reason.

That's just an observation of the entire games industry. Sorry. Reality sucks.

I'm a NOOB, yes
I play open, yes
I don't stand a chance in PvP, damn right you are
Did I read and study the forum before buying the game, no I read the cover

With the coming expansions of the game Space-legs and Atmospheric-landings, this game will hopefully attract many new players to this Galaxy.

But the years of grinding to engineer a build, before new players are able to venture in to the "Open Galaxy", makes a hard selling point.

Unless there is a shortcut...... a golden egg for Frontier --> ARX

It'll happen right before I uninstall the game.

I'm a NOOB, yes
I play open, yes
I don't stand a chance in PvP, damn right you are
Did I read and study the forum before buying the game, no I read the cover
With the coming expansions of the game Space-legs and Atmospheric-landings, this game will hopefully attract many new players to this Galaxy.
But the years of grinding to engineer a build, before new players are able to venture in to the "Open Galaxy", makes a hard selling point.
Unless there is a shortcut...... a golden egg for Frontier --> ARX

Player wants an "EASY" button. Using ARX to pay for engineer modes is "Pay To Win" and it ain't gonna happen.

As an explorer I would highly appreciate if we could unlock engineers by paying ARX. Cause I hate it to be in the bubble and do stuff like combat or bounty hunting to get access to them. This is just forcing you to do something that doesn't fit you playstyle.

Deleted member 182079

D
This. Engineering is sort of the major content in ED (sad but true). Building a shortcut to it would practically mean to amputate the game...
But also in general (in my best totalitarian voice): pay to win is a total no go for games. I wholeheartedly hope this nonsense will never become more fashion than it already is the case now.
P2W mechanics would be the kiss of death to the game for me. I don't really care if other players can buy their way to a G5'd Vette or Cutter, as there's always Solo mode.

But it would steer the game into a direction and slippery slope I'm not willing to follow down on. Game would be uninstalled the same day if this rubbish was to be introduced.

I'm quite saddened though by seeing how many don't seem to mind it, or even desire such mechanics.

Last edited by a moderator:
As an explorer I would highly appreciate if we could unlock engineers by paying ARX. Cause I hate it to be in the bubble and do stuff like combat or bounty hunting to get access to them. This is just forcing you to do something that doesn't fit you playstyle.
Balance it over the non-explorers who have to do 5KLy from 'home' to unlock Dirty Drives...
Getting to Dangerous to open Lori Jameson may be a drag though, that is why Colonia Engineers were created :)

Balance it over the non-explorers who have to do 5KLy from 'home' to unlock Dirty Drives...
Getting to Dangerous to open Lori Jameson may be a drag though, that is why Colonia Engineers were created :)

There are way more engineers you have to unlock by doing non exploring stuff, so..
But looking from your perspective you wouldn't have to do that either. It only should be so expensive that you really really have to think about unlocking them with ARX.

Last edited:
There are way more engineers you have to unlock by doing non exploring stuff, so..
But looking from you perspective you wouldn't have to do that either. It only should be so expensive that you really really have to think about unlocking them with ARX.
Only 4 key bubble engineers have to unlocked to level 4 to unlock the Colonia Engineers, of who the highest combat rank required is Expert (not too big a grind) and the other requires 100,000 credits from bounty Hunting (a few kills in a res site - even just 'helping' the 'police' will get this amount in only a few minutes) so are not too onerous.

The trip to Colonia is a nice, easy exploration jaunt - and places you in perhaps the 'best' base to explore from (ignoring Explorer's Anchorage - lovely place but a long way from anything useful) once you have arrived.

BTW: Where does my perspective suggest expensive or 'buying' engineer access?

Personally, I wouldn't mind something like rockstar does. Not that I need it, but I can imagine it would help the casual player.
I assume you mean regular updates constantly with new vehicles, new weapons, new gameplay types and purchasable in-game currency? Jk i know you just mean shark cards. Honestly I can't understand why every game developer doesn't keep up with regular updates constantly with new vehicles new weapons and new gameplay. I suppose it's a funding issue or at least that's what they would have us believe

So? This would mean if You wear a heavy wallet You can have it? You really want this??????

Yep. One engineer unlock could cost 30.000 ARX or something. That would be an amount nobody would spend for all 25 engineers but only for those they really don't want to unlock by doing stuff they don't want.

Yep. One engineer unlock could cost 30.000 ARX or something. That would be an amount nobody would spend for all 25 engineers but only for those they really don't want to unlock by doing stuff they don't want.
if you just play the game normally the engineer's all unlock themselves pretty quickly I've found. The only engineers I actually use only took like a few months to unlock and, for example, I sat outside of a space station scanning wakes and ships for maybe an hour and have not had to get any data materials for my frame shift drive engineering since then everything else can easily be traded for the requirements aren't excessive

but the whole point of the engineer's inviting you to come use their workshop is that you've proven capable of using engineered modules

Deleted member 182079

D
I assume you mean regular updates constantly with new vehicles, new weapons, new gameplay types and purchasable in-game currency? Jk i know you just mean shark cards. Honestly I can't understand why every game developer doesn't keep up with regular updates constantly with new vehicles new weapons and new gameplay. I suppose it's a funding issue or at least that's what they would have us believe
GTA Online content is good, but immediately ruined by endless grind and mechanics that show all the worst P2W has to "offer". I tried it again recently and was bombarded by notifications akin to switching off AdBlock in your browser (worse, actually). Buy this, buy that (all expensive end game stuff ofc), it's all over the place.

Then combine it with the unbalance P2W brings as players either pay for overpowered gear or apply cheats to avoid paying, and use that OP gear (and cheats) to grief noobs. It's the most toxic online environment I played in. Shame as the content itself is quality, but... Pearls before swine. Tragic as I used to love Rockstar and their games.

Hit a nerve, did I? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

No it's just merry fun, I'm happy for you. Hunting interceptor solo is a solid atmospheric gameplay experience. I'll have that over trolling noobs at Deciat or fighting ghosts at Carcosa, any time.

But I really think you should stop throwing ad hominems and plain lies like "the guy dont even play the gaem" or "the guy dont even own horizon" before asking people to actually read your posts or consider whatever silly point you try to give.

If you're on PC yeah I'm sure it's pretty bad. I can't speak for Xbox but PlayStation's community isn't all that bad really. They have it so people who tend to grief other people get added bad sport ratings and wind up in lobbies with other bad sport people.

No it's just merry fun, I'm happy for you. Hunting interceptor solo is a solid atmospheric gameplay experience. I'll have that over trolling noobs at Deciat or fighting ghosts at Carcosa, any time.

But I really think you should stop throwing ad hominems and plain lies like "the guy dont even play the gaem" or "the guy dont even own horizon" before asking people to actually read your posts or consider whatever silly point you try to give.
It wasn't me complaining about Horizons as far as I recall....
Nor did I mention you didn't play the game...

So which of us is lying, I wonder?

It wasn't me complaining about Horizons as far as I recall....
Nor did I mention you didn't play the game...

So which of us is lying, I wonder?

I didnt even coimplain about horizon, naughty liar. I said it was still not free nor directly included with the base game, making ED already pay to win.

Top Bottom