Thargoid probe hell

Geez this is fast becoming the game fun forgot. Just spent an age or two flying to the Plieades sector getting, and grinding to get materials for a corrosive cargo rack. Fly along way get said cargo rack, back to PSector to land at crash site for Thargoid sensors,get sensors immediatley interdicted and destroyed, Back to planet, land get sensors again , fly to delphi mega ships for probes, destroyed again, hours of flying and searching other mega ships - no probes. Days of searching- finally hatch break my only sight of a probe and a F....@ing thargoid comes out of nowhere and beams it away cm from my cargo scoop-aaaargh not a single probe since. And all this in VR. Up to this point I have absolutley loved this game to bits but do not understand the absolute rarity of these probes. It was my plan to visit the thargoid site and unlock it. Have played for over 200 hours so far and this is the first time the game has left me feeling extremely frustrated.
Any help or guidance in my continuing quest for probes would be greatly appreciated.
Ps in my megaship cargo manifest grind i have since aquired 3 Thargoid sensors.

Just go to Asterope, jump in and out of the various NHSS (there's hundreds, literally) til you get a probe, grab it while the inty scans you, get out.

Couple points to note:
  • Once you are scanned with sensors on board, you have 20 seconds to grab the probe before the inty turns hostile. It actually makes this easier tbh.
  • Just watch for NHSS with scouts, you want to jump out of them as soon as they appear.

You can boost past the interceptor if you want to avoid the scan, just make sure you fire off a limpet to grab the probe because you'll be going too fast to double back before the inty grabs it.This can turn the inty aggressive much faster than usual though... better to just get scanned, grab it and high-tail it.

Here's an example; I don't have any thargoid cargo on board so it actually makes it harder, and I overshoot the probe, but still get it.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDhcVIYFpCA

Days of searching- finally hatch break my only sight of a probe and a F....@ing thargoid comes out of nowhere and beams it away cm from my cargo scoop-aaaargh not a single probe since. And all this in VR.

are you using limpets? that might be the problem. i went in a dbx and the first probe i got i immediately fell all over it, manually scooped it up and got the arx out of there, damned be the thargoid; by the time the poor thing realized what had happened i was already gone :). i was unarmed and had a sensor on board, dunno if that might have distracted him.

but i had to crack quite a few signal sources before that. yes the probes are rare, so i understand it is doubly frustrating if they get snatched away.

keep it up, the structures are worth it. specially in vr! ;)

Just a tip... when the Thargoid starts scanning you, use a heatsink and boost fly by it. Wait for the heatsink to be actually ejected.

Good luck!

Based on recent tests from the Anti-Xeno Initiative and Canonn Research Group, Non-Human Signal Source [Threat 7] appears to have the highest spawn rate for Thargoid Probes.

NHSS_Spawn_Rates_-_Google_Sheets_-_001743.png

Top Bottom