ANNOUNCEMENT Win Alienware Aurora R8 Gaming PC!

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager
ED_Gleam_competiton_900.jpg

Greetings Commanders,

In celebration of 5 years of Elite Dangerous, and to usher in the New Year, we've got an awesome opportunity to grab yourself an Alienware Aurora R8 Gaming PC - a little treat for those post-holiday blues!

To enter, simply click here and follow the competition's instructions. The more actions you carry out, the more entries you'll receive giving you better chances of winning this amazing prize!

The competition ends on the 8 January 2020 11:59 PM (UTC), so don't miss this chance... and good luck!

It's only been up for an hour and a half, and it's already over 6k entries....

The odds of winning are already pretty low (1 in 400 at best), but one can dream.

Retweeted and form shows ZERO entries ....

@R3PER_ on twitter will show that I did.
There seems to be an issue with the way entries are counted.

The contest page says I have 12 remaining between all of the entries that I have not done yet, but the email I received confirming my entries says that I only have 9 remaining. It is possible that this discrepancy is the result of the "Retweet @EliteDangerous on Twitter" option not giving any additional entries.

Hope the 5 lucky winners who get the Steam keys manage to activate the game. Just give them the normal store version, it's so much less problematic!

Greetings Commanders,

In celebration of 5 years of Elite Dangerous, and to usher in the New Year, we've got an awesome opportunity to grab yourself an Alienware Aurora R8 Gaming PC - a little treat for those post-holiday blues!

To enter, simply click here and follow the competition's instructions. The more actions you carry out, the more entries you'll receive giving you better chances of winning this amazing prize!

The competition ends on the 8 January 2020 11:59 PM (UTC), so don't miss this chance... and good luck!
Can we follow frontierdevelopments on XB1's Mixer or does it have to be the dotcom?

Why problematic? I have Steam version and no problemos.
What feels like half the discussions on the Steam community forum are people for whom it doesn't work. In many cases it's because re-resellers push broken licemses, but there are also eternal update loops between Steam download and the launcher, and confusion about how to log in because people ail to follow instructions in a sticky post.

I all honesty FDev could afford to do this every month without even noticing, super prises could draw in new players (purchases) on various platforms simply to have a chance of winning...
Like buying the game is a chance to win, and the more tasks you complete playing the game the greater your chance of winning.
Every month!

I all honesty FDev could afford to do this every month without even noticing, super prises could draw in new players (purchases) on various platforms simply to have a chance of winning...
Like buying the game is a chance to win, and the more tasks you complete playing the game the greater your chance of winning.
Every month!
Somehow turning the game into a prize draw does not seem a positive move, and while it may increase ownership is unlikely to increase actual player numbers.

Somehow turning the game into a prize draw does not seem a positive move, and while it may increase ownership is unlikely to increase actual player numbers.
You got to be in it to win it... not playing would drastically reduce your chances... but not eliminate them.

Top Bottom